darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I hope that other cities and town don't go to the CLMRN. HP-2 no longer picks up the system. That's why I purchase the radio. A good chance it's going back to ScannerMaster.
If you do return the HPII you can use the money for that towards an SDS200 which will track CLMRN.

Cheeseburgers

It would be kinda cool have everyone under on roof so to speak, separate all the depts for my 325p2

Which ive really come to love, its performance on VHF and UHF is outstanding.

Up in the Cape now and its great!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
It would be kinda cool have everyone under on roof so to speak, separate all the depts for my 325p2

Which ive really come to love, its performance on VHF and UHF is outstanding.

Up in the Cape now and its great!

We should do a CT scanner enthusiast meetup. Maybe we can all mess around with the programming of CLMRN and get it to work better.

I'm learning that the only thing that will possibly help me with phase II of CLMRN from my home location is a better antenna. Or to move.

Cheeseburgers

We should do a CT scanner enthusiast meetup. Maybe we can all mess around with the programming of CLMRN and get it to work better.

I'm learning that the only thing that will possibly help me with phase II of CLMRN from my home location is a better antenna. Or to move.
When im back ill drop that in the mail for u

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
How are you getting the HP-2 to work on CLMRN ? I sat on the system for an 1/2 hour last night (Friday) NOTHING
Due to the nature of the older technology in the HPII I am not sure it trunk tracks on its own. I believe I remember someone explaining that they had to manually create a favorite's list with all of the CCs and ACCs and essentially direct the scanner to scan the needed frequencies.

The newer scanners have trunk tracking built into them naturally.

Someone here feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Cheeseburgers

Due to the nature of the older technology in the HPII I am not sure it trunk tracks on its own. I believe I remember someone explaining that they had to manually create a favorite's list with all of the CCs and ACCs and essentially direct the scanner to scan the needed frequencies.

The newer scanners have trunk tracking built into them naturally.

Someone here feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
I thought the HP1 and 2 were trunktrackers? I am inclined to agree with Bob here this is most likely a reception issue.

Cheeseburgers

Ive noticed that if my signal strength for the cc is anything less that stellar the decode suffers immensely... and the portables position within the zone also matters too so it all boils down to reception. Which is why the good Doc is in a good spot as he's mentioned he has a good antenna setup.

KB1JHU

I just added some things to the CLMRN wiki.
5201 - 5212 are Region 2 UASI, I'm going to reconfirm these with a radio I have access to (5210, 5211 & 5212 already in the DB)
5213 - 5216 are probably Region 2 UASI but I have to try confirm the uses.

I suspect 53xx groups are probably Region 3, 54xx Region 4 and 55xx Region 5 if any of those have popped up for anyone.

8551, 8552 & 8553 recently popped up for me and have had a few Durham and Middlefield radio ID's join them

I have also added some things to the Radio ID's in the wiki. I'm trying to sort out DEEP for EnCon and the parks units as well as the Lake Patrols.

Last edited:

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
How are you getting the HP-2 to work on CLMRN ? I sat on the system for an 1/2 hour last night (Friday) NOTHING

i just used Sentinel and it works. I use the HP2 for Bloomfield only and I still think I dont get all transmissions. But my sds100 sdf200 pickup the same transmissions. So I guess its working. Its says in the manual that it does P2. Until I saw your post I thought it did.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
i just used Sentinel and it works. I use the HP2 for Bloomfield only and I still think I dont get all transmissions. But my sds100 sdf200 pickup the same transmissions. So I guess its working. Its says in the manual that it does P2. Until I saw your post I thought it did.

It does do P2. But it requires more effort and tweaking to get it to work specifically on CLMRN.

Dickie_10

Interesting... Tonight I'm seeing Troop H (TG 351) traffic on the Troop F (027) site. Previously, Troop H affiliations were explicitly denied on the F site.

scottb908

Feed Provider
I see alot of you talk about DSD+ How do you get that set up. Ive been playing around with the configs but cant get any decodes.