SVFC462

Feed Provider
@ awasswer1 - i have my 996p2 locked on just the bloomfield talkgroups via site 28 and i have noticed the same, missing some transmissions here and there between SDS100 & 996p2. still fine tuning the settings. I have always heard the dispatchers to be quiet when talking unless an officer is on the desk. otherwise sounds great so far.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
Ah Thank you I knew I wasnt crazy. Either I get the transmission and all three scanners pick it up or I miss the transmissions on all three scanners. I'm not sure if the traffic is switching to another site or something. all the CSP calls I believe Im getting. Ill keep playing with it.

scottb908

Feed Provider
For those with HP or TRX radios try disconnecting the antenna and using a paper clip instead. Not a joke either. My TRX was dead in the water and I just tried it. Looks like with TDMA the Simulcast issue is even more prevalent. Detuning the antenna so seemed to help

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
For those with HP or TRX radios try disconnecting the antenna and using a paper clip instead. Not a joke either. My TRX was dead in the water and I just tried it. Looks like with TDMA the Simulcast issue is even more prevalent. Detuning the antenna so seemed to help

Phase II was the switch. It definitely has had an impact on reception since I'm getting almost nothing from home now whereas before it was fine.

I'll be experimenting with a new antenna when I can and hopefully it will allow me to hear it again.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber

I know this is a few months overdue. I only came across it recently. It looks like East Windsor is also looking to get on board to CLMRN. They even have a partial screenshot from the database here.

Awesome they are one of the last on LTR. This will put Station TN on again for Fire since they handle Fire and Ambulance. TN already has a talkgroup but I havent heard anything on it. Hopefully it wont take long to get them on. Guess it depends if they need to build a site or can use what's in place already.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
Phase II was the switch. It definitely has had an impact on reception since I'm getting almost nothing from home now whereas before it was fine.

I'll be experimenting with a new antenna when I can and hopefully it will allow me to hear it again.
In Bloomfield I get exactly the same reception and the same Troops I got during phase 1.

Cheeseburgers

My 325p2 paired with the shure 700mhz antenna has been very good... I am at my inlaws and get L Simulcast well here and although its not as active as H, its still coming in clear, decode is good. I keep my threshold at 7. Only monitoring primary CC

scottb908

Feed Provider

agreed thats when mine went silent too, i found detuning the antenna helped that too good of an antenna was bring in the multipath

scottb908

Feed Provider
Its not like you jam it hard in there. You dont need to worry about impedance mismatch since you are not transmitting. Its a good test to see if the reception is due to multipath issues.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Its not like you jam it hard in there. You dont need to worry about impedance mismatch since you are not transmitting. Its a good test to see if the reception is due to multipath issues.
Before we go too far with the paperclip just to clarify for some of the folks here.

The paperclip or the comet CH - 32 stubby antenna were very valuable to non SDS scanners that were in the middle of simulcast distortion secondary to LSM.

The idea was to give poor reception so that you only got reception from one tower simulcasting amongst other towers the same thing that your radio was calling for.

If you have an SDS radio you are not dealing with simulcast distortion issues secondary to LSM because your radio is built to handle that you are dealing with a crappy signal from any tower LOL.

cg

Premium Subscriber
The newer scanners have attenuators that could be used to test less signal with. But if you are looking at the signal strength and it shows <4 bars, it may be tough.

chris

scottb908

Feed Provider
What do you mean by "can't get any decodes"? Are you picking up the system, but not any audio?
its not showing any talk groups being decoded. I think i have 2 problems, I think only the FASTLANE app has the TDMA decoder and I think the RTL dongle i am using is out of calibration. I was going to play with it more today.