Denver Chooses Motorola for P25 Phase II System, Public Safety will be Encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
It looks like all EMS units are completely on the new system and patching for their TGs back to the EDACS system has stopped. I am not seeing any activity on their EDACS TGs while there is plenty of EMS TG activity on the P25 system.

Denver Health was never patched back to EDACS. They did a hard transition and told everyone to switch to the new system at 07:43 on Monday, abruptly ending Denver Health's presence on EDACS.

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
Denver Health was never patched back to EDACS. They did a hard transition and told everyone to switch to the new system at 07:43 on Monday. That was the abrupt end of Denver Health on EDACS.
Thanks for the info. I haven't been able to monitor the switch very in-depth unfortunately.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

rckydenver

Using the Pro96 com program and seeing these following ENC TG's that are not in the DB. TG 35118,35121, 35129, 35140, 35142, 35143, 35179, 35195, 35492, 35614, 35630 and 35635. I'm sure there is more.

Last edited:

radio

Premium Subscriber
Put encryption on the local/statewide ballot and whatever official(s) who made those decisions.

Have the voters decide how much, if any, of public services are encrypted and those officials are not re elected/other wise do not retain their position(s).

Last edited:

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I find in interesting that the talkgroups for the DDC are not encrypted. Shows that the City/County of Denver aren't really all concerned about Officer Safety.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Put encryption on the local/statewide ballot and whatever official(s) who made those decisions.

Have the voters decide how much, if any, of public services are encrypted and those officials are not re elected/other wise do not retain their position(s).

Becareful on what you ask for. If you ask voters that have no interest in scanning and scanners I bet they would all vote for officer safety and to lock everything down since they have no skin in the game. That's my opinion. I have skin in the game and don't agree with what Denver has done forever now but this is our new world and it sucks a big one. When you start locking everything down it makes the hackers try harder to get in. Lets all see how this goes down in the next 5 to 10 years

Spitfire8520

Same here,say it's way worse plus we can heat the difference and lots of static

I doubt that you are hearing "static" from the new system since digital radio do not really have static. The radio either work or it doesn't. If you are hearing static, it is almost certainly the old radio system.

Everyone always complains when they switch to digital audio from analog audio. It has happened with every single transition, so much so that it would actually be surprising if no one complained. It is unfortunate that the reports of radio system issues cannot be independently verified.

nbdyspclk

I doubt that you are hearing "static" from the new system since digital radio do not really have static. The radio either work or it doesn't. If you are hearing static, it is almost certainly the old radio system.

Everyone always complains when they switch to digital audio from analog audio. It has happened with every single transition, so much so that it would actually be surprising if no one complained. It is unfortunate that the reports of radio system issues cannot be independently verified.
That's your doubt,I hear it while driving on my 536(mounted,grounded and nmo laird) sometimes fades out completely,436,stock antennae exactly same outcome,its the system and always has been,I'm on 25 from 70-225 daily

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Spitfire8520

That's your doubt,I hear it while driving on my 536(mounted,grounded and nmo laird) sometimes fades out completely,436,stock antennae exactly same outcome,its the system and always has been,I'm on 25 from 70-225 daily

If you're listening to the new system, it is probably simulcast distortion. It could also be RF overload as many of the towers are co-located right now. The main point is that scanners have always had troubles where actual radios work fine.

I have listened to a lot of audio from the new system. Besides the users sometimes complaining about not understanding someone else, I have not heard of any cases where someone was in a radio dead zone or having broken up "digital" audio, which are surefire indications of radio reception issues.

nbdyspclk

If you're listening to the new system, it is probably simulcast distortion. It could also be RF overload as many of the towers are co-located right now. The main point is that scanners have always had troubles where actual radios work fine.

I have listened to a lot of audio from the new system. Besides the users sometimes complaining about not understanding someone else, I have not heard of any cases where someone was in a radio dead zone or having broken up "digital" audio, which are surefire indications of radio reception issues.
25 sb past 70 fade out starts around stadium every day drops out,same around univ-colo. Audio sounds tin canish and lots of degraded signal(scanner?) Old system sounded much closer? And cleaner. Moto radio could be different due to framework,[emoji848]

nbdyspclk

25 sb past 70 fade out starts around stadium every day drops out,same around univ-colo. Audio sounds tin canish and lots of degraded signal(scanner?) Old system sounded much closer? And cleaner. Moto radio could be different due to framework,[emoji848]

We should all network for radio outage,drop outside poor signal basically "hotspots" etc[emoji848]

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Unless you have an SDS 100 or 200 Uniden Scanner or Unication G4 or G5 paging receiver forget about monitoring the simulcast site and use the Mount Morrison site 2 with CC on 859.2625.

Now the "static" that nbdspclk may be hearing on the Uniden 536. I get random data/static bursts on on the beginning of P2 transmissions on both Uniden 436 and 996P2 scanners on the Mount Morrison Motorola system even with the latest firmware and I am stationary. It is a minor flaw with the scanners.

Cell site interference while mobile scanning is a factor.

As far as the actual users of the system. There is a lot of radios in the field moving back and forth between the simulcast site array and the Mount Morrison site so the system is working properly in my view.

Monitoring the Harris P25 site with what little PS patch activity is left sounds crystal clear.

Spitfire8520

Denver Fire Department discontinued their patch to EDACS sometime after 13:35 today.

KD0DUJ

I am listening to Denver PD and they are having issues with the new radio system

KD0DUJ

I am listening to Denver PD and they are having issues with the new radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.