Denver Chooses Motorola for P25 Phase II System, Public Safety will be Encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0DUJ

And your point is?

Did that situation not create a reaction that resulted in change of policy by DCFIRE?

What is happening here is DFD bought into the changing between modes was difficult and they needed to be totally secure for everything in order to communicate with DPD. Which is incorrect.

Again this has been an ongoing situation where the city of Denver has been on a mission to control access to public safety communications since 1992. They finally have what they have sought for years. I doubt they will cave.

EMS caved and are no longer encrypted

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
EMS caved and are no longer encrypted

Saying that they caved is very likely incorrect and it would be extremely premature to celebrate it as some type of victory. The only agencies that ever confirmed that they were going to encrypt was DPD and DFD. I made an assumption that Denver Health was to be encrypted because PD and FD were encrypted, but that assumption turned out to be entirely incorrect. The Denver Health talkgroups were never been encrypted during the testing stages, so it is very unlikely they were going to encrypt in the first place.

This would be an example of why I caution against making assumptions when identifying anything and submitting it to the database. Quite often those assumptions turn out to be incorrect.

It certainly is very strange that Denver Health is able to communicate fine with DPD and DFD while having their talkgroups unencrypted. It is almost like DFD's unloaded a bunch of BS when they said that "it was simpler to encrypt everything." I guess that just means that DFD is not quite as radio savvy as their paramedic counterparts.

Last edited:

nbdyspclk

Seems dispatch only is clear currently on dpd,but again that could change.by leaving it clear,I would assume they are trying to justify the pending bill bring denied ag as in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

county

Premium Subscriber
Seems dispatch only is clear currently on dpd,but again that could change.by leaving it clear,I would assume they are trying to justify the pending bill bring denied ag as in.

‘Dispatch only’ . . that’s encouraging! Does that mean you don’t hear the units in the field, or do you hear both directions ( dispatch + units) on the ‘dispatch’ channel?

nbdyspclk

‘Dispatch only’ . . that’s encouraging! Does that mean you don’t hear the units in the field, or do you hear both directions ( dispatch + units) on the ‘dispatch’ channel?
Dispatch and acknowledge only.ALL channels dead otherwise.

Spitfire8520

Dispatch is clear on the OLD system, not the new system. This will go away once they discontinue patching to the old system.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
For whatever reason Dispatch 6 is being denied on the Mt. Morrison Motorola site while all other districts are being allowed since yesterday.

Despite the simulcast system a number of PS units in the field are affliating to the Mt Morrison site.

Random public works groups are blocked as well.

nbdyspclk

For whatever reason Dispatch 6 is being denied on the Mt. Morrison Motorola site while all other districts are being allowed since yesterday.

Despite the simulcast system a number of PS units in the field are affliating to the Mt Morrison site.

Random public works groups are blocked as well.
Should of let sleeping dogs lie([emoji848]not like the city,but like lay flat)

Thayne

I appreciate Scanlist's adding details that result from his monitoring.
Because my life now has more complications that I never saw coming, I can't enjoy my old ways so much. I was just thinking about the scope of changing out all of the vehicle equipment like it is probably not feasible to have put the Moto in without removing the Edacs because of the lack of room and also if the cabling between the dash head and trunk has to be changed. It will be interesting to see how it all turns out, how long it takes, how well or bad it really works, when the time comes when they throw up their hands and either shout for joy or go have a quiet beer or a whole case.

Spitfire8520

So here is something that is extremely interesting for those that like the follow the technology. The new radio system brings something that has never been seen in Colorado before, and that is automatic ISSI roaming. It looks like Aurora and Denver have allowed radios to roam between the two systems as needed. The talkgroup and radio IDs are dynamic, so unfortunately there is not really anything to identify. So far it appears to only be police that are roaming between the two systems, so there also is not much to listen to either.

nbdyspclk

So here is something that is extremely interesting for those that like the follow the technology. The new radio system brings something that has never been seen in Colorado before, and that is automatic ISSI roaming. It looks like Aurora and Denver have allowed radios to roam between the two systems as needed. The talkgroup and radio IDs are dynamic, so unfortunately there is not really anything to identify. So far it appears to only be police that are roaming between the two systems, so there also is not much to listen to either.
Falls in line,I was on Aurora system last(0300),random NON ID pops up several times and carried unclear yet understandable transmission,"test test test"some acknowledgement back then dead so far to this post[emoji848][emoji848]

nbdyspclk

Falls in line,I was on Aurora system last(0300),random NON ID pops up several times and carried unclear yet understandable transmission,"test test test"some acknowledgement back then dead so far to this post[emoji848][emoji848]

Ps. This is on non updated 536. 436 updated 2 days ago,nothing

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
It looks like all EMS units are completely on the new system and patching for their TGs back to the EDACS system has stopped. I am not seeing any activity on their EDACS TGs while there is plenty of EMS TG activity on the P25 system.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.