Denver Chooses Motorola for P25 Phase II System, Public Safety will be Encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Any indication of when the "bridge" patching will cease on the EDACS side?

It's obvious the EDACS simulcast sites are offline as the Mount Morrison site has been on the air for several weeks now. I hear it loud and clear up here.

Ironic that they will end the EDACS era at the site where they started it all in 1992.

David628

Premium Subscriber
Encryption prevents the people knowing what is going on their communities

Another way of thinking perhaps; the Denver community now instead has to rely upon filtered and very often biased media reporting/regurgitations as 99 percent of the Denver community has already been doing in the past. We scanner enthusiasts are just a super small sample of the overall Denver citizen population. I have been very thankful that I was able to monitor the system live while it’s lasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AI7PM

Premium Subscriber
I heard an RTD driver had some input. Told a guy with 4 radios on his belt to turn them down on the bus. The drivers' logic was, with encryption, at least the guy would be down to 3 radios on his belt.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Encryption prevents the people knowing what is going on their communities

The police have many methods to communicate to the citizens they serve, the PIO and social media channels.

You are beating a dead horse at this point. The decision has already been made and is in place. Stop complaining to this group about spilled milk. We all understand the implications of encryption.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
The police have many methods to communicate to the citizens they serve, the PIO and social media channels.

You are beating a dead horse at this point. The decision has already been made and is in place. Stop complaining to this group about spilled milk. We all understand the implications of encryption.

So your suggestion is for people to accept the inevitable and just lay down and take it?

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
So your suggestion is for people to accept the inevitable and just lay down and take it?

No, but, since you are assuming what my suggestion is, please reference post #78.

kc0kp

Look at the new denver p25 system Denver EMS is no longer encrypted but PD FD and SD are encrypted

"No longer encrypted." implies that they were at one time and for some reason they decided not to. Not true, they were never encrypted.

rckydenver

Well we all know Denver is Encrypting there channels, EMS was never Encrypted. Denver will NOT reverse to un-Encrypted. Mostly all neighboring city of Denver is Encrypted and no incident's. Yes I live in Arvada and there Encrypted my next door city is Westminster( think Westy has been Encrypted for 3 years now) and they are Encrypted. So finding others things to listen to Wheat ridge PD, Golden PD, State Patrol. Like Erik said above your beating a dead horse. I think it time to put this thread to rest and move on to other stuff.

AI7PM

Premium Subscriber
Give it time before someone gets killed because of DPD and DFD's stupidity

You make a supposition with no supporting background or argument here. (Or in any other posts above) Back this up.

What specifically are the agencies doing that, beyond your one line opinion snippets, will get someone killed? Get who killed? The agencies are able to communicate within, and on interop freqs with others as necessary. Where's the danger?

Put some supporting evidence or intellectually considerable argument up for our review and discussion.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
Nothing really "new" here, but this is the letter that DPD released today via social media.

Anyone know if the old analog system is still up? It was as of Friday.

f0urtyfive

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if the old analog system is still up? It was as of Friday.

The control channel is still up, everything was un-patched this morning, and there has been no traffic on the system since 2019-07-29 14:50 UTC (8:50 AM MT) except for a single key-up by an EEB radio.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
The effort to lock out the public is a long one.

It started on 12/20/1992 with edacs. 2008 with ESK and their effort is complete 07/29/2019.

Insulator

I hope they are happy about shutting out the public as they have here in Longmont. As they pop open the champagne and celebrate, may they realize I will no longer support the agencies. Giving $$$ to any of their fundraisers, nada.

Status
Not open for further replies.