Erie County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
Mine doesn't. It's an widely exaggerated issue.

Like yours mine has been fine. You only hear about the few that have had a problem not the many that work fine. I have had Unidens I sent back for service but it was a 536 and HP2, both of which were covered under warranty.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
Slightly off subject but it looks like Wesleyville VFD has a lot of low band equipment on eBay.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Another FCC license filing. Anyone know what this is for?

Something to do with interops? :unsure:

alphado

Is anyone able to hear anything on the Tac Channels? I am programming new Unication G2 pagers for our department and we cannot pick up anything on the Millcreek or County Tac channels. EFD Tac channels come in loud and clear. All digital Dispatch Channels are being received. We are using the files from Radio Reference for programming.

My scanner at home does not receive Tac Channels either except for EFD.

Any ideas?

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
If you are programming stuff for an agency you should use reference materials from county not radioreference database.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone able to hear anything on the Tac Channels? I am programming new Unication G2 pagers for our department and we cannot pick up anything on the Millcreek or County Tac channels. EFD Tac channels come in loud and clear. All digital Dispatch Channels are being received. We are using the files from Radio Reference for programming.

Any ideas?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think I have heard those TAC channels here in NW Millcreek. But I wouldn't call any transmissions "clear" on this system. Loud for sure, but not clear.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I have reached out to the County. They do not know why it is not working.

Re read my post. I would not be using data from radio reference for programming agency equipment. You should get the data from the county. Unless the info they have provided matches radio reference.

alphado

They have provided nothing because the new pagers are not part of their system. We purchased them on our own. The County only provided analog pagers to us which they support.

terryho

Feed Provider
I get tac channels on county site just fine it’s the Erie fire and Millcreek Fire tac channels that give me trouble with simulcast through the city site. I hear them but usually audio is garbled. I live in Lake City, so location matters but i would think you would hear something If programmed correctly.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber

Any ideas?

My G3 picks up all FD TAC channels; EFD, Millcreek, East, West & South County fine. Both in the charger and portable.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
#1 on the map is close to Racoon Park in Springfield
The tower is at the T intersection of Elmwood and Old Lake roads, a bit west of the park.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas?

What antennas came with the pagers? It should be the green band 400 - 470 Mhz. Last night Millcreek was using their TAC 1 & TAC 2. No problem with my G3. Which system are you programming Urban or Countywide? If you PM me your email I will send you the PPS profile I am using. You will not be able to try it in your G2s since it has some VHF data. You should be able to delete the VHF stuff and be able to try it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.