Erie County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Thanks I will look into that. Sounds like everyone has/prefers the 536 here.
Not sure about that. I have a 436 also, and I got my scanners before the SDS ones came out. Then they had some quality issues, so maybe people just held off for awhile. If you still have issues, this RR forum can be a big help with questions. Also, make sure your firmware is up-to-date. Uniden Tech Support

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have any of the police TG's figured out? Erie PD is 201 and I think Millcreek is 209? Guess you need to enter these in Sentinel so they will stay avoided after each scanner update.

WB3DYE

Silent Key
Fire and EMS will move to Erie County's new public safety radio system starting Tuesday, Oct. 8, as part of the final phase of the $26.5 million project.
The City of Erie Fire Department and EmergyCare will transition at 8 a.m. Tuesday. Millcreek Township Fire and Millcreek Paramedics will follow on Wednesday. Finally, Erie County EMS and Fire will switch Thursday.

City of Erie Police Department, Millcreek Township Police Department and all other Erie County police departments already moved to the new radio system Sept. 24-26.

, Fire, EMS to Launch on Erie County's New Public Safety Radio System

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Anyone getting garbled audio on fire tac 1. Dispatch sounds good but talk on that channel is messed up!
It will take awhile to get used to this audio. Some is garbled, volume is all over the place, etc. It is usable, but not what we're used to for sure.

terryho

Feed Provider
Yes fire tac 1 sounds horrible here, dispatch channel was loud and clear. Maybe will have to get in there and try some manual settings

mfullererie

Premium Subscriber
Must be pure coincidence that EFD calls to assist ECI are preceded or followed be an encrypted transmission on TG 305. :)
My guess would be because they were simulcasting on P25 and Med 10? Not sure. The operational cutover for ECI is slated for later this morning. We’ll have to see if it’s any different then? Who knows...

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
would someone be able to send me the full talk group list ? I believe there was an earlier tread about it. Engine262@hotmail.com Thanks !
No one in authority would give any of us the actual TG numerical list. Here is an update the 911 Center sent out that includes TG information.

Attachments

• NG Radio System_Fire & EMS Radio Procedures_Final.pdf
    522.1 KB · Views: 45

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Millcreek Fire switched. Dispatch on TG 104. I'm only getting it on one scanner so far....

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
TGIDs;
104 - MPS/MFD Disp
105 - MPS/MFD TAC 1
106 - MPS/MFD TAC 2
301 - UPMC Hamot
302 - St Vincent
303 - Millcreek Community Hosp.
305 - 911 Center ECI Disp
306 - ECI Operations Disp

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
TGIDs;
104 - MPS/MFD Disp
105 - MPS/MFD TAC 1
106 - MPS/MFD TAC 2
301 - UPMC Hamot
302 - St Vincent
303 - Millcreek Community Hosp.
305 - 911 Center ECI Disp
306 - ECI Operations Disp
305 and 306 are acting a little weird. Is it partially encrypted?

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Millcreek did a pager test, which I thought would come thru on 453.95. Are they using a different frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.