Erie County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck043rr

I have the 536, but on that you need to have the correct Service Types turned on and also the Favorite List Quick Key turned on.
That was it- Service Types and Quick Key. Once enabled SDS100 functions with the Radioreference data. Reception remains to be verified, but this may help anyone else with and SDS. Thanks.

Drachen_Fire

So, if 305 and 306 are EmergyCare, was 507 ever figured out? Initially some thought that 507 was ECI. I also suspect that if 305 and 306 are EmergyCare, that 307 will likely be Millcreek EMS.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
So, if 305 and 306 are EmergyCare, was 507 ever figured out? Initially some thought that 507 was ECI. I also suspect that if 305 and 306 are EmergyCare, that 307 will likely be Millcreek EMS.
Millcreek EMS is MPS on TG 104, with the Fire.

Drachen_Fire

Still not hearing Millcreek Fire paging on 453.95? is anyone hearing it?

I've heard nothing concrete in the pipeline about dispatches, only that there'd be one as a countywide simulcast, and one for Millcreek. Some speculation suggested 453.950 and 453.850, but so far it's just shoulder shrugs.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I've heard nothing concrete in the pipeline about dispatches, only that there'd be one as a countywide simulcast, and one for Millcreek. Some speculation suggested 453.950 and 453.850, but so far it's just shoulder shrugs.
I'll check way back on the licensing to see what I can find.

Drachen_Fire

Millcreek EMS is MPS on TG 104, with the Fire.

Millcreek is doing unified dispatch for both fire and EMS on the same channel? I wonder if they're going to have an Operations channel, or if that's just not how they operate?

FWIW, I'm always confused when privately owned ambulance services get a talkgroup thrown in for private operations on a trunk system. Fayette EMS on the ICORRS system comes to mind, as does Mutual Aid Ambulance on that same system.

The service I work for has to use Verizon PTT+ for it's private operations. County isn't giving up anything.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Millcreek is doing unified dispatch for both fire and EMS on the same channel? I wonder if they're going to have an Operations channel, or if that's just not how they operate?

FWIW, I'm always confused when privately owned ambulance services get a talkgroup thrown in for private operations on a trunk system. Fayette EMS on the ICORRS system comes to mind, as does Mutual Aid Ambulance on that same system.

The service I work for has to use Verizon PTT+ for it's private operations. County isn't giving up anything.
They have 4 TAC channels, 2 Special Event channels, and an Announcement Group channel.

Drachen_Fire

I'm still a bit surprised that no one from the comm center has leaked a TG list yet.

In Butler, our new system isn't even in use yet, and someone already leaked the TG list.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I'm still a bit surprised that no one from the comm center has leaked a TG list yet.

In Butler, our new system isn't even in use yet, and someone already leaked the TG list.
I sure tried multiple times. Both from the Director and the Head Consultant. Promised but never got one.

owenbricker

I see Erie county has a license WQEX785 453.050. 453.100, 453.725. 453.7375. listed as a TRS. but analog with 500 pagers. fire/ems paging? 453.050 is also the control channel for the P25 system.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I see Erie county has a license WQEX785 453.050. 453.100, 453.725. 453.7375. listed as a TRS. but analog with 500 pagers. fire/ems paging? 453.050 is also the control channel for the P25 system.
Trying those now.

Drachen_Fire

That license is for a trunked system, but denotes the emission type as analog narrowband. Strange.

Also strange that the EMTA didn't go in on the new system with the county, and maintains it's old system. That's 4 good frequency pairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.