Free Users - Turn off your ad blockers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Why don't you let the CEO/poster respond to my comments, not you or anyone else. I am doing him a favor by suggesting this post close. Money talks and bull**** walks, which is exactly what will happen.
A little arrogant to think that you know better than the site owner in giving him unsolicited "advice" like that, but you do you. :rolleyes:

900mhz

Why do you care what he set his custom title to? He's obviously having a little harmless fun and doing some light trolling. Looks like he caught himself one, huh? :cautious:
those "titles" are controlled by the management of Radio Reference. Next.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
those "titles" are controlled by the management of Radio Reference. Next.
Wrong. Custom titles (the plain text) are editable by members. The banners for Premium Subscriber, Database Admin, Feed Provider, etc. are automatically added to the profile based on your membership status. Next!

900mhz

A little arrogant to think that you know better than the site owner in giving him unsolicited "advice" like that, but you do you. :rolleyes:
You confirmed my response. Think you are missing the point. Do you own property in the Hamptons?

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
You can make the same statement about any social gathering on the Internet.
Or any "news" outlet for that matter.

I just renewed my premium membership, first time since 2009. I have some old scanners to program and having access to the database is a valuable tool. The archives are pretty cool too, though I wish there was some way it only recorded transmissions and cut out all the dead air. Oh well, can't be picky I suppose.

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
So, I've only gone through the first page of this forum, however, I can tell, Mr. Blanton does care for his users (all of us that use his sites on the daily) and like he pointed out, the ads that run on here aren't full screen or any of that. Remember, he could make this a paid service only like some media outlets (cough cough, Gannett Media) or even regular websites.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I have times where I don't agree with Lindsay 100% of the time, but the entitlement on this thread is really pathetic, It's his site, it's not a government site, He sets the rules, and unfortunately, RR has absolutely no viable competition, and I don't see any of the whiners ponying up any of their personal funds to develop a competitive site, what are y'all waiting for?

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
but the entitlement on this thread is really pathetic
Not seeing too much entitlement. What I do see are a bunch of users providing feedback which was invited by the OP, the site owner implying that he recently 69'd one user's mother, and a bunch of sycophants spouting off.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I've been a paid member for decades and I don't regret it. I've learned a lot and made a lot of good acquaintances and many whom I consider good friends! I like the fellowship and camaraderie! In recent years I've spent a tremendous about of time on RR, more than I should have for sure! Unfortunately due to age and health it's pretty much the extent of my social life. But it's also a place where my friends hang out and exchange and compare or radio hobby and experiences. I've noticed things have been going down hill for some time and it's unfortunate. Times and people are changing. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.