Free Users - Turn off your ad blockers

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Not seeing too much entitlement. What I do see are a bunch of users providing feedback which was invited by the OP, the site owner implying that he recently 69'd one user's mother, and a bunch of sycophants spouting off.
Nah, go google Exit 69, Big Beaver Rd…. It’s in Troy, MI (Detroit metro) and anyone who has been there knows about it.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks, when you are outraged and appalled and feel like telling us how things should be around here, always remember these 3 things:

1) I’m having a little fun with most of you
2) We know what we are doing here - just look around
3) we care deeply about our customers, friends, partners, and visitors.

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
and all seem relevant to our hobby.

Couldn't agree more!

screenshot-2021-07-15-16-21-59-png.106505

KE0VUL

Feed Provider
My favorite is uBlock Origin after coming from ABP after the controversy with the list. Even install it on some other people's browsers as well to prevent some of the 'unwanted results'. Works well, maybe not as well as going with a network wide option though. The zapper comes in handy sometimes but usually the existing lists get rid of the pesky disable adblock prompts and full page scripts. Reader mode usually works well on an iPhone in a pinch if they want you to pay to read news.

I wouldn't ever allow a site to use push notifications or pop-ups either a lot of this is built into modern browsers...who knows where that may go maybe the ad-blocker will get built in.

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
You know ads are mainly user history based right? I get ads about FM radios for a C3 Corvette.

You've made my point. I was responding to the poster who said that ads he sees here are relevant because Lindsay waves his magic wand and makes them relevant.

Someone people seem to have no idea how tracking works.

smb3

Feed Provider
Well seeing as how the adblocker blocker blocker works pretty well on this website I'm not too worried

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Not seeing too much entitlement. What I do see are a bunch of users providing feedback which was invited by the OP, the site owner implying that he recently 69'd one user's mother, and a bunch of sycophants spouting off.
be that as it may, no one is forcing anyone to stay, and for the record I am in no way a Blanton apologist, RR has helped the hobby in some ways, but RR has also hurt the hobby in a few ways, but history has shown that you are never going to change his mind, there is no competition so he can do what he wants

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Nah, go google Exit 69, Big Beaver Rd…. It’s in Troy, MI (Detroit metro) and anyone who has been there knows about it.
I LOL'd as soon as I read that, as it is the exit I take, if I use the expressway to get to some family that live in the area. (IE, no Google necessary.)

Status
Not open for further replies.