Funny/Odd things heard on the scanner

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
About 2 months ago or so, the phrase was used on a prime time network TV series by one of the actresses, as a variation on the "Come at me, bro" challenge. I heard it in one of the promos for the episode. For what it's worth.

John
Peoria, AZ

That's an unusual use for "froggy". Although now that I think of it, I think I have heard a similar connotation..."he was getting froggy with me so I took him down". But not froggy as in jump over something like a frog. hahaha.

cognetic

Premium Subscriber
Heard yesterday on local metro PD...
"All units, all units. I am acting as auxiliary, now primary control effective immediately and until further notice. The previous control dispatcher has locked herself in a room. No further details are available at this time."

Followed immediately by:
"Please disregard the previous active run. Units on scene have confirmed there is no active robbery and the incident cited in previous radio traffic happened last Tuesday."

In my mind, I couldn't help feeling that maybe someone had SNAPPED.

-cognetic

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
Dispatch: we are using snapchat to talk to a friend of the daughters (this is for a medical call with mom of daughter)

Ohh the future... Just call 911 folks... then dont have all these issues (responders couldn't locate the house).

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
This isn't a funny odd thing heard on a scanner, but I don't really have a place to put this and it has to do with a scanner.

When I was 19 living with my parents the neighbors behind us would always party. Our backyard had like five feet chain link fence so it was easy to see your neighbors. One night the neighbors were having another rager and I was sick of it. So I tuned my scanner to the police dispatch frequency (This was before they went trunked P25), cranked the volume on high, grabbed my Mag light and proceeded to walk into the backyard towards the fence of the neighbors behind us. I ain't kidding you. Everyone took off faster than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

So my plan worked, everyone was quite, no more loud music and loud voices. Finally I could sit at my nice desk in room with radio gear and laptop. I don't recall if they ever threw another party after that.

On the subject of funny things heard on a scanner. Many years ago I heard dispatch report a lose horse walking around and one officer keyed up and made a horse sound. HAHA No horse was found so I'm thinking RP was on mushrooms. :D

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
This was on Sat heard disp was calling out a unit to respond to a area. There is some chairs playing football and hitting people as they walk by......

scanmanmi

Back when cordless phones were 47? mhz I used to listen to the pizza place next to me running drug deliveries along with pizzas. I never told the cops because they would probably be a nuisance and I couldn't listen anymore.

wtp

like an old neighbor of mine that gave out his friends name and phone number to someone looking for drugs, and said to ask for "tickets" and not use any drug names.
you can try and be as secretive as you want, but there is always a weak spot.
46.6 to 46.99, 10 freqs if i remember and even had the 49 Mhz inputs in, 5 of them were child monitors/roombugs.
some weird eclectic selling place had one as a "i'll give you a minute alone" listening device.
i went up to some customers there and pointed to it on the wall, everybody left.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Back when cordless phones were 47? mhz I used to listen to the pizza place next to me running drug deliveries along with pizzas. I never told the cops because they would probably be a nuisance and I couldn't listen anymore.

I overheard a woman on here 40 MHz phone ask the person she was talking to whether Florida was near California or not.

potala1369

Premium Subscriber
Years ago, when TV stations still dispatched reporters over the radio, a reporter was being dispatched to a train accident. The accident involved a duck hunter on a bridge over a pond when he got hit and killed by the train. When the newsroom asked for a quick summary of what he had, the reporter replied "Ducks 1 Hunter nothing; game over!"

bobmich52

A refreshing change from the usual chaos of Hartford ct,47/70/71/77, 83/84 & naked people @ the McDonalds on Wethersfield Ave

This came over the Hotline yesterday

XXX pd looking for ACO/leo to assist us in corralling/cuffing a snake

A 6 foot long snake

There was no takers on the call

krokus

Premium Subscriber
A refreshing change from the usual chaos of Hartford ct,47/70/71/77, 83/84 & naked people @ the McDonalds on Wethersfield Ave

This came over the Hotline yesterday

XXX pd looking for ACO/leo to assist us in corralling/cuffing a snake

A 6 foot long snake

There was no takers on the call
Cuffing a snake would be a good trick.

Sent using Tapatalk

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
These are actual comments made by 16 Police Officers - comments that were taken off actual police car videos around the country:

1. "You know, stop lights don't come any redder than the one you just went through."

2. "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while."

3. "If you take your hands off the car, I'll make your birth certificate a worthless document."

4. "If you run, you'll only go to jail tired."

5. "Can you run faster than 1,200 feet per second? Because that's the speed of the bullet that'll be chasing you."

6. "You don't know how fast you were going? I guess that means I can write anything I want to on the ticket, huh?"

7. "Yes, sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don't think it will help. Oh, did I mention that I'm the shift supervisor?"

8. "Warning! You want a warning? O.K, I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you another ticket."

9. "The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?"

10. "Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy and corn dogs and step in monkey poop."

11. "Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster oven."

12. "In God we trust; all others we run through NCIC." (National Crime Information Centre)

13. "Just how big were those 'two beers' you say you had?"

14. "No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to, but now we're allowed to write as many tickets as we can."

15. "I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail."

AND THE WINNER IS ...

16. "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't ... Sign here."

KB4MSZ

Billy
Premium Subscriber
Ok, I never thought I would post anything in this thread, but I almost swerved off the road yesterday afternoon when I heard this from a EMS unit to a local hospital. It is quoted below as best as I remember it.

"We have a adult female complaining that she believes that a recent surgery at your facility left something inside her and she wants it fixed."

I hope someone else in Tampa heard this. I assume this transmission should have never taken place???