GRE Scanner Prices Discount Code for RR members

Status
Not open for further replies.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I totally agree with Jeff. I think that The Radiocompany should check into this as we Canadians don't want to pay UPS and other couriers those high brokrage fees.

I did hear as well that USPS does pick ups so.... hopefully Micheal will consider this.

Or there are other dealers.
hamstation.com

thats Me.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Or there are other dealers.

hamstation.com

thats Me.

As for Ham station, I was ready to order a 996 last year and emailed them about paying through Paypal and the person I was talking to did not want to go that route for whatever reason it was(Can't remember in my old age), even though it states on there website that they take Paypal. So it was a no sale.

No worries Jeff, just letting you know what went on. It may have been because I was in Canada?
Take care
Ron

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
As for Ham station, I was ready to order a 996 last year and emailed them about paying through Paypal and the person I was talking to did not want to go that route for whatever reason it was(Can't remember in my old age), even though it states on there website that they take Paypal. So it was a no sale.

No worries Jeff, just letting you know what went on. It may have been because I was in Canada?
Take care
Ron

We shall say our policies right now and right here.

Ron that was me I remember it, our Policy is NO out of USA paypal.We lost a Kenwood HT to Brazil via PayPal.
I personally was taken for 250 dollars via paypal scam( i did get refunded).ten days later

On all orders over 300 dollars out out USA payment we require payment by bank wire transfer only then of course we can ship to any address in the world.VIA USPS.
NO credit cards and No paypal
On Plus side for me I will and do ship via USPS insured to Canada and anywhere in the World on scanners and small items.
I do however require bank wire trasnfer.

Guys and Gals what it comes down to merchants have no way to easily verfy billing address on Pay Pal and credit card out of US.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Id be willing to pay a higher shipping fee to get US-PS rather then UPS for sure
for the same reason pointed out.. UPS IS HOSING US!!!

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Yes they do its called a Paypal confirmed address.

That means the shipping address matches the credit card billing address for Paypal and out of US shipments

I dont know the specifics of the Brazil payment but im betting he didnt have a confirmed address.

Guys and Gals what it comes down to merchants have no way to easily verfy billing address on Pay Pal and credit card out of US.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Yes they do its called a Paypal confirmed address.

That means the shipping address matches the credit card billing address for Paypal and out of US shipments

I dont know the specifics of the Brazil payment but im betting he didnt have a confirmed address.

As Kris mentioned, the seller can see if the person has a confirmed address.

No problem Jeff:), I understand that you have to watch out for yourself.
Thanks for the response
Ron

hfxChris

Database Admin
On all orders over 300 dollars out out USA payment we require payment by bank wire transfer only then of course we can ship to any address in the world.VIA USPS.
I take it you don't get many orders over $300 from outside the US...

You'd think being in Canada, which is just next door, we wouldn't get shafted...
So far the best folks I've dealt with are the ones I bought my PSR-400 from, Lentini Communications. They shipped to Canada, via USPS, at a very reasonable price and accepted my preferred choice of payment..

Patch42

While I can understand not wanting to get ripped off by some of these other payment methods, I have to wonder if you've ever actually sent a bank wire transfer to another country? I had to do one a few weeks ago. It took me over 30 minutes at the bank, and that's not counting the 20+ minutes I spent waiting for one of the people who could do the transaction to become available. I had to fill out one form, which the bank person then transcribed into the computer, which spit out about six different forms I had to sign and/or initial. It was an absolute PITA. If it hadn't been absolutely necessary for business purposes, I would have walked out of the bank before I even got to the agent's desk. And the bank would have charged $25 if my account didn't include free wire transfers. (They charged my account and then reversed the charge.)

It might be kinder to your potential customers to simply say, "No sales outside the USA."

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
While I can understand not wanting to get ripped off by some of these other payment methods, I have to wonder if you've ever actually sent a bank wire transfer to another country? I had to do one a few weeks ago. It took me over 30 minutes at the bank, and that's not counting the 20+ minutes I spent waiting for one of the people who could do the transaction to become available. I had to fill out one form, which the bank person then transcribed into the computer, which spit out about six different forms I had to sign and/or initial. It was an absolute PITA. If it hadn't been absolutely necessary for business purposes, I would have walked out of the bank before I even got to the agent's desk. And the bank would have charged $25 if my account didn't include free wire transfers. (They charged my account and then reversed the charge.)

It might be kinder to your potential customers to simply say, "No sales outside the USA."

most all are willing to do bank wire transfer to US.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
As Kris mentioned, the seller can see if the person has a confirmed address.

No problem Jeff:), I understand that you have to watch out for yourself.
Thanks for the response
Ron

I have some bad info then,I was told we can not confirm any PayPal address out of US.

Wow, wasnt expecting this thread.
We were just trying to offer some a better price on some scanners.
If your from Canada and I have the item instock, if you call me, I will ship the items to you via USPS. It will take about 2-3 extra days for me to do that, but if it means tons of business from Canada we'll do it.
I cant charge flat rate $7.95 like USA ground, but Im guessing the avg cost will be around $20 for most Canadian addresses.
Never intended to offend anyone..........just trying to put food on the table like everyone else.

Michael
www.theradioco.com

SCPD

QRT

I think it is just we are all frustrated at being taken advantage of .. just because we live across the border. Just tired of being treated like a third world country.

Just add at least 25% on everything .. and welcome to Canada. When our currencies are almost the same ... we are just tired of it i guess.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
If your from Canada and I have the item instock, if you call me, I will ship the items to you via USPS. It will take about 2-3 extra days for me to do that, but if it means tons of business from Canada we'll do it.
I cant charge flat rate $7.95 like USA ground, but Im guessing the avg cost will be around $20 for most Canadian addresses.
Never intended to offend anyone..........just trying to put food on the table like everyone else.

Michael
www.theradioco.com

Micheal,
Please don't think that you are offending us, you are truly not. In fact, I really appreciate that you and other suppliers are here on the boards with us, to listen to the issues we have and improve on them.

Again, thank you for your offer!.
Take care
Ron

Patch42

Not to be a smartass, but how could you possibly know this? You obviously know about the ones who actually do it and the ones who write to complain, but how about all the ones who say to themselves, "I'm not going through that nightmare," and just walk away? You could be losing tons of business and be completely unaware of it.

It's your business and you're obviously entitled to run it as you see fit. I'm not really trying to convince you to change your policy, but I did think it relevant to point out what a PITA it is for most people to do a wire transfer.

Patch42

I think it is just we are all frustrated at being taken advantage of .. just because we live across the border. Just tired of being treated like a third world country.
It works both way, you know. We in the US get hit with the same UPS charges when importing goods from out of the US. When I bought my AR7030 from England I had to pay the delivery guy $25 and then got a bill for the rest of the import duties a couple weeks later.

Wasn't NAFTA supposed to remove these barriers to commerce?

smason

Michael
www.theradioco.com

Thanks! We don't expect a cheap flat rate, but we're willing to pay a reaslonable cost to ship USPS.
$20.00ish sounds reasonable to me.

No offense taken, I'm sure you were unaware of the issues facing we Canadians. So now you have some insight there, and we have some insight as to why you would prefer UPS.

So how's your stock on Gre 500 and 600s? :)

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Not to be a smartass, but how could you possibly know this? You obviously know about the ones who actually do it and the ones who write to complain, but how about all the ones who say to themselves, "I'm not going through that nightmare," and just walk away? You could be losing tons of business and be completely unaware of it.

It's your business and you're obviously entitled to run it as you see fit. I'm not really trying to convince you to change your policy, but I did think it relevant to point out what a PITA it is for most people to do a wire transfer.

Meaning when they place an order over 300 dollars and we tell them we only take payment via bank wire tranfser rarely to we lose a sell.
Most do not bother to read our policy online.
But like I said most all foreign orders do pay us via bank wire tranfer.

With all the fraud we will never change policy we actualy follow other Ham dealers on this we did not start the bank wire payment.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
I have some bad info then,I was told we can not confirm any PayPal address out of US.

not sure what you mean. When I pay for something via paypal my address shows as "confirmed" and I am in Canada. I had to register my address with paypal for confirmation but once I did I was confirmed and ready to go

So to say paypal won't confirm any address outside the US isn't true

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Not your fault at all don't be sorry. It just opened the topic on Canadian shipping... We normally get hosed.

I'd gladly pay $20 via us-ps then free from UPS (and a $40-$100 brokerage fee whatever they feel like charging that day.

I will look to you first for any GRE purchases.

Thanks for the continuing support..

Michael
www.theradioco.com

hfxChris

Database Admin
Actually, since it's the only form of payment you accept from outside the US, I would say 100% of your buyers are willing to do bank wire transfers... but that tells you nothing.

I knew about your policy before you posted here because I read your shipping policy on your website back when I was trying to research sellers friendly to Canada. To assume that nobody reads your policies and instead sends you an email or asks you a question is absurd, I think the majority of people here you would find take the time to do a bit of research on your website instead of sending off an email and waiting for a reply. You have no idea how many people get turned off by your policy without ever communicating with you about it, and I think you would find you're losing a good deal of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.