Hey I’m Fred I was referred to proscan by WTP .
I just downloaded proscan and it seems pretty cool but I don’t know what to do anymore . I have a bcd325p2 which I just got . It was programmed by bearcat warehouse. But it’s playing stuff I seem to not need . So I wanna use proscan to set up what I do need . I Need Police , emt , fire department . And maybe I can put the jails as well . I do Media in San Diego my page is Dadda Russia San Diego news on YouTube and TikTok . If you could help me I would appreciate it so much .

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Install ProScan. After that, click the Support menu then click on Manual. Read the Quick Steps.

{edit} After you get ProScan communicating with the scanner then you want to create a new database.
Once you have the new database open then download from the scanner so you can use the existing programming with some modifications.

Last edited:
Install ProScan. After that, click the Support menu then click on Manual. Read the Quick Steps.

{edit} After you get ProScan communicating with the scanner then you want to create a new database.
Once you have the new database open then download from the scanner so you can use the existing programming with some modifications.
Ok it’s communicating with the scanner . So the scanner was programmed . But there is a few things I’m not happy with . I’m a news media channel . I need to know which ones should I put on there and how ?
Here is my phone number if you can help me I would really appreciate it . I been trying to do this for 5 days now . And I still can’t manage to do it . Correctly got a media YouTube channel .

Ok it’s communicating with the scanner . So the scanner was programmed . But there is a few things I’m not happy with . I’m a news media channel . I need to know which ones should I put on there and how ?
Here is my phone number if you can help me I would really appreciate it . I been trying to do this for 5 days now . And I still can’t manage to do it . Correctly got a media YouTube channel .

Ok I got the new proscan database file open . Now what do I click on ???

I’m in the data base file but don’t know what to do now

Ok I think I done it . It’s downloading now . But it’s so much on here !?!? Which ones do I need for a news journalist I’m so overwhelmed omg 😱

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ok I think I done it . It’s downloading now . But it’s so much on here !?!? Which ones do I need for a news journalist I’m so overwhelmed omg 😱

That's up to you. After the download completes, I would go through the systems and delete the systems that have no use. On the systems you want to keep, go through the groups and delete the groups that have no use such as trash pickup, animal control, parks, etc.

{edit} After you get the DB to your liking then upload to the scanner.

What exactly do you need help with? Last I heard, you were able to download from the scanner.
Yes I downloaded all that but now I’m stuck . I don’t wanna mess up anything so I’m very cautious . If I mess up something I will be very upset . I need help on which ones I should delete and which ones I shall keep . I’m so confused and scared to mess it up . I need someone to lead me through this so I can work , I have not been able to work for a few days now . It’s driving me crazy . 🤦‍♂️

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Since you want to keep a backup, the 1st thing to do after you download is go to Database menu then choose a name such as "master backup" then click the Save button. After that, click on Save As again then choose a name then click the Save button.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
If you do a Proscan database export (page 20 of the PDF I gave you in post #9) zip it up & post it as an attachment on this thread then give us a summary of the change(s) you want to make I'm sure someone will gladly modify your favorites list(s) for you

I need help on which ones I should delete and which ones I shall keep
If you're unclear about what agencies operate where, who uses what system, etc you'd be better off posting your locality related question(s) to the San Diego Metro Area Discussion forum. Be as specific as possible about your inquiries