Kent County Simulcast

kf8lx

Premium Subscriber
How are you seeing the talkgroups? I have pro scan and a 536hp and 436
I'm using a TRX2 and the Virtual scanner software. I have wildcards programmed into a scanlist. The software shows the Talk Group id, sometimes the radio id, and the frequency from the simulcast site.

10of14

How are you seeing the talkgroups? I have pro scan and a 536hp and 436
I'm a novice with this software, but getting better. If you select Kent County on the RR section of ARC, then Trunked, Kent County and after loading, the Talkgroups are on the right. 13721 is listed.
Saw a GRFD Engine yesterday no more uhf antenna just 800mhz one. Hearing both dispatch and the machines. I work at the Ford Presidential Museum and carry my own GRPD radio along with a couple other officers. GRPD knows we have them as their is a lot of stuff that happens downtown. Guess I will have to try and talk them out of a state radio. Currently we use a Federal Protective Service frequency that does not go to a mega center only our office. We are armed and all previous law enforcement.
I assume that GRPD is not encrypted on the new simulcast system? Formally, the GRPD was very active on conventional, but I hear very little to none now.

kf8lx

Premium Subscriber
I'm a novice with this software, but getting better. If you select Kent County on the RR section of ARC, then Trunked, Kent County and after loading, the Talkgroups are on the right. 13721 is listed.

I assume that GRPD is not encrypted on the new simulcast system? Formally, the GRPD was very active on conventional, but I hear very little to none now.
I believe they are both encrypted. 17323 is GRPDN and 13724 is GRPDS. 13721 is as well. Is is GRPD LEIN.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
All law enforcement talkgroups will be encrypted from what I understand. GRPD, Sheriff, etc.

10of14

All law enforcement talkgroups will be encrypted from what I understand. GRPD, Sheriff, etc.
I'm getting Kent County Fire and Sheriff on the new system, but not much on GRPD. I did pick up some Lein today.

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
Police is mostly encrypted however I have heard some non encrypted traffic on 3324.

GRFD is currently trying to switch over. Volume issues with headsets I guess and fleet maintenance is working on them . I've heard traffic on 13749 as Channel 2.

It appears also that City of Grand Rapids, both Police and Fire have radio IDs as 1141xxxx and Kent county has radio IDs of 1041xxxx.

10of14

Police is mostly encrypted however I have heard some non encrypted traffic on 3324.

GRFD is currently trying to switch over. Volume issues with headsets I guess and fleet maintenance is working on them . I've heard traffic on 13749 as Channel 2.

It appears also that City of Grand Rapids, both Police and Fire have radio IDs as 1141xxxx and Kent county has radio IDs of 1041xxxx.
Thanks for the updates. That volume issue about blows my ears out each time GRFD comes on!! So moving forward, we will get little to no transmissions from GRPD? I bought this radio in preperation for the transition and GRPD is one of my favorites to listen too. Oh well.....

kf8lx

Premium Subscriber

3324 is an Ottawa County police dispatch.

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
Yup that is correct, its 3326 the 41P911 TG that is on the database. I listen to Ottawa so I guess I was thinking of kent but typed Ottawa's.

bobw4

A few weeks ago I heard some voice testing on TG 13748 (referred to as channel 1), TG 13749 (referred to as channel 2) and TG 13750 (referred to as channel 3). I suspect that all three of these talkgroups have been assigned to GRFD.

kf8lx

Premium Subscriber
A few weeks ago I heard some voice testing on TG 13748 (referred to as channel 1), TG 13749 (referred to as channel 2) and TG 13750 (referred to as channel 3). I suspect that all three of these talkgroups have been assigned to GRFD.
They are now in the DB as new talk groups.

depster00

Looks like a group of GRFD is now operating on digital channels. GRFD tested radios and ID's on channel 2 Saturday for several hours. Guessing the transition has slowed considerabily from the initial timeline.

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I have noticed more digital as well recently. Especially with todays Structure fire in GR. No more loud volume from the patch!

scannerman5000

Premium Subscriber
This may be a little bit off-topic, But i'm curious if there is some sort of a map or breakdown of the different fire and police "districts' or areas pertaining to which channels correlate with departments?

afera15

W8AMF
Premium Subscriber
Here is the map of Kent County Police Jurisdictions:

Sheriff North Dispatch - North Sector, Central Sector (Including all agencies in these sectors) and Walker
Sheriff South Dispatch - East Sector, South Sector (Including all agencies in those sectors), Kentwood and East GR
West Police Dispatch - Grandville and Wyoming

As for Fire:

Fire North - Mirrors the same Areas as Sheriff North
Fire West - Byron Township, Cutlerville, Grandville and Wyoming
Fire East - Mirrors Sheriff South other then what is on Fire West

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Let us know here or by submission if these are still active or no longer being used. The license by coincidence is expiring end of the month as well.

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
460.10000 KVJ450 RM123.0 PLGRR PolicePolice: Dispatch FMN Law Dispatch
453.30000 KVJ450 RM179.9 PLGRR Air Ops 2Public Safety / Airport Operations FMN Multi-Tac
453.60000 KVJ450 RM156.7 PLGRR Air Ops 3Public Safety / Airport Operations FMN Multi-Tac
453.22500 KVJ450 RM186.2 PLGRR Snow OpsSnow Removal Teams FMN Public Works

kf8lx

Premium Subscriber
Is there something going on with KC Simulcast today? I have not heard any activity since around noon from any talkgroups. I'm using two scanners and haven't heard anything on either one.

afera15

W8AMF
Premium Subscriber
Is there something going on with KC Simulcast today? I have not heard any activity since around noon from any talkgroups. I'm using two scanners and haven't heard anything on either one.
I have had no issues today and calls also is still uploading data.

depster00

Let us know here or by submission if these are still active or no longer being used. The license by coincidence is expiring end of the month as well.

FrequencyLicenseTypeToneAlpha TagDescriptionModeTag
460.10000KVJ450RM123.0 PLGRR PolicePolice: DispatchFMNLaw Dispatch
453.30000KVJ450RM179.9 PLGRR Air Ops 2Public Safety / Airport OperationsFMNMulti-Tac
453.60000KVJ450RM156.7 PLGRR Air Ops 3Public Safety / Airport OperationsFMNMulti-Tac
453.22500KVJ450RM186.2 PLGRR Snow OpsSnow Removal TeamsFMNPublic Works

Overheard during 800MHz radio testing that the local repeater had been turned off an all "old" radios were to be collected. Am not hearing any simulcast on the KVJ450 frequencies.