Lowndes co Motorola Type 2 Smartzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetherb67

Also a shame for all of us using the scanner radio app on our phones.

Although I have a feeling that local agencies leaned toward encryption, especially with the state of our world right now. Guess I can't blame them.

Ranger0034

I am currently staying in Valdosta for three days on my way to Florida. With the help of my 396XT and my BCD436, I've so far picked up the following talk groups, and they are ALL encrypted.
272, 279,304,320,321,323,324,352,354,368,400,416
There is just NO valid excuse to go completely encrypted. I guess Lowndes County has LOTS of money because it costs around $8,000 per radio to equip encryption capabilty, and that's on top of the cost of the radio itself !

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
There is just NO valid excuse to go completely encrypted. !

So say you.

guess Lowndes County has LOTS of money because it costs around $8,000 per radio to equip encryption capabilty, and that's on top of the cost of the radio itself !

Baloney. ADP encryption is practically free. No KVL needed, just enter the key and KID in CPS. Voila. No more annoying stalkers streaming your radio traffic.

Other vendors like EF Johnson give away single key DES with their VP400/600/900.

1977 called and wants their MX-360 back. Newsflash: single key encryption is affordable and sure as heck isn't $8000. Get your facts straight.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Also a shame for all of us using the scanner radio app on our phones.

Although I have a feeling that local agencies leaned toward encryption, especially with the state of our world right now. Guess I can't blame them.

No, especially not for the reason you mentioned.....

AlastairC

Found out today why they encrypted everything. Because they were fed up that the New Crews were there before them most of the time. Plus there were lots of other reasons like Criminals etc.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
Lol there are no news crews, not even a TV news station based in Valdosta. LCSO had documented for years criminals using scanners to avoid narcotics enforcement, so they had encryption on 2 talk groups. That wasn't good enough so they upgraded. The South Georgia FBI gang task force also uses this system and contributed to its finding with a grant obtained last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.