Metro-25/MTA MRRS P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikesuper26

Premium Subscriber
All MTAPD portables and mobiles are in the process of being reprogrammed with the new system and AES encryption. The department will likely switch over to the new system early next year.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
A new site is on the air at Grand Central Central. It is not showing any neighbors nor carrying traffic yet.

RFSS 46
Site 46
NAC 02E
Control Channel: 769.40625
Alt Control Channel: 769.71875
Alt Control Channel: 770.19375
Alt Control Channel: 770.45625
Alt Control Channel: 773.09375

Analogrules

I am just curious if MTA PD will keep some of their VHF analog frequencies to effectively communicate with Amtrak PD at places such as NY Penn Station.

Mikesuper26

Premium Subscriber
I am just curious if MTA PD will keep some of their VHF analog frequencies to effectively communicate with Amtrak PD at places such as NY Penn Station.
MTAPD is keeping the old VHF analog frequencies as a backup. The Motorola APX 7000 portables in use still have the VHF Amtrak PD frequencies programmed.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The only map of the sites for this system I could find was awful quality, very difficult to pinpoint anything. Unfortunately because all frequencies in the system are from the state's allocation, falling under a blanket SL license, they don't have to provide any site-specific details publicly. I managed to take the MTA's lousy map and overlay it onto Google maps, placing a black dot for each approximate site location. This map is provided as-is for entertainment purposes only, and is super unofficial with zero guarantee of accuracy.

mastrIII

Site 46 won’t be exclusive to GCT, they are in the process of lighting up another site at Moynihan Train Hall

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I read somewhere that Flatbush Terminal will/has an indoor site also?
I thought I heard several weeks ago radio techs were testing BeON in some indoor location, the audio sounded quite good

n2nov

A heads up to let everyone know that I will be combining the Metro-25 and MRRS into one single system in the RRDB. The two systems are too interwoven for it to make sense maintaining them as separate entries.
Is the same thing going to happen with the DOITT 800, UHF and DOITT 700/P25 systems?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Is the same thing going to happen with the DOITT 800, UHF and DOITT 700/P25 systems?
Negative. For starters, two of those systems are SmartZone and one is P25. The two SmartZone systems have been standalone for too many years to count, and rightfully so, as they were always treated as separate systems. As users are slowly migrating over to the ASTRO 25 system, it'll eventually be a moot point as the 3A8 system will wind up being the last man standing for DoITT trunked system users.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The MTA just turned on a site in Albany (Corning Tower). As far as I can tell, it's showing up as a peer to all of the other sites as per usual.

RFSS 134, Site 134, 769.90625 control channel

@jgorman21 are you getting anything up there?

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Quote"
Really Metro-25 is a Harris system? Didn’t know that, thought it was Motorola after I saw MTA and troopers with APX radios lol

That was because M dropped their draws on price to make sure they got in on the system, also to do with the radios having to be able to use CSP system which is still P-25 P-1, not fully P-25 compliant.
New York State will always unless it's to their advantage buy a NYS company's equipment. That's why DOT, Thruway, NYSP and others have for the most part always been GE/Macom/Harris. I was told that the first day I started at a GE shop 47 years ago.

NuthinFancy

Premium Subscriber
Monitored the Corning Tower site for about an hour last night and also today, no activity. using the analyzer on the Corning Tower site It showed low signal with some movement in the graph bar ,great quality but no activity.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
The MTA just turned on a site in Albany (Corning Tower). As far as I can tell, it's showing up as a peer to all of the other sites as per usual.

Thank you. Nothing to report as of this morning. I am probably about 4-5 miles from the Corning Tower. Trees obscure it from a visual view.

Apologize for not responding sooner. I will check the programming to make sure I have things properly programmed.

Thanks GTR8000!

diver

I'm in North Greenbush, only a few miles as the crow flies from Corning Tower. I've picked up groups 3001 (NYSP NYC) and Group 6092 (????). As for radio ID's, numerous 772xxxx's and a single 423xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.