Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber

Mark

Premium Subscriber
I was under the impression from the article that they aren't replacing the C-32As..., but want to replace everything else.

Thanks
Joel
Those C-32A's will go when they get some more new Heavy Pax planes..
Probably they buy some used B-777's and rework them or maybe used B-787 types? Much longer range.
Just like Canada Mil is doing with A-330 used aircraft..
Just got to get those new B-747-800's AF-1's done first :)

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Tomorrow POTUS travel, bet he doesn't worry about TSA screening times this holiday season...

5:10 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart the White House en route to Joint Base Andrews
South Grounds

5:40 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Joint Base Andrews en route to Nantucket, Massachusetts

6:50 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive Nantucket Memorial Airport, Nantucket, Massachusetts

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Those C-32A's will go when they get some more new Heavy Pax planes..
Probably they buy some used B-777's and rework them or maybe used B-787 types? Much longer range.
Just like Canada Mil is doing with A-330 used aircraft..
Just got to get those new B-747-800's AF-1's done first :)

I like the 737 equivalent, it would at least be compatible with the P-8 / C-40...

Considering the experience with the KC-46 having to be reworked 8 ways to Sunday in order to meet the military refueling requirements, it would seem like the obvious choice to me, but the article suggests otherwise.

Frankly, I think any of the people that would be transported should be put into a slide in cargo pod thats moved by a C-17 (they could actually be made quite comfortable), as many as needed could be made relatively cheaply, and any available C-17 could move them.

As it is, the cheapest choice would be a P-8/C-40 modified (I think).

Thanks
Joel

freqhopping

Just heard this mentioned on the CW Lemoine livestream. P-8 ran off the MCAS Kaneohe runway into the bay.

Better that than landing the other direction probably. The other direction is a drop off to the ocean.

Probably this TIS-B track. ADS-B Exchange - track aircraft live

Some video here. Large military aircraft overshoots runway, ends up in Kaneohe Bay

I don't remember ever having rainy, thick overcast weather like that when I was stationed there.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Just heard this mentioned on the CW Lemoine livestream. P-8 ran off the MCAS Kaneohe runway into the bay.

Better that than landing the other direction probably. The other direction is a drop off to the ocean.

Probably this TIS-B track. ADS-B Exchange - track aircraft live

Some video here. Large military aircraft overshoots runway, ends up in Kaneohe Bay

I don't remember ever having rainy, thick overcast weather like that when I was stationed there.
Tail code YD is from VP-4 "Skinny Dragons" from Whidbey Island..
They are Sub Hunters.. LOL. Just glad nobody hurt.

dmi

Premium Subscriber
1125- BOE 22 (C-17 # 01-0191) off DOV (132.425) heading south.

Hmm. See another BOE-22 (C-17 #99-0062) from Robins (KWRB) to Charleston AFB (KCHS) with an earlier C-17 flight from DOV to WRB.

Wonder if they re-used the callsign.

From scramble.nl:

99-0062 C-17A 50066/F065/P62 437th AW Active Oct 2012 May 2022
01-0191 C-17A 50099/F098/P91 3rd AS Active 7 Aug 2013 Aug 2022

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
New F-35's must be really piling up down at Lockheed Fort Worth area at a production rate of 12 per Month
and hold on deliveries since late July. Article says also some testing of the new TR-3 software at Pax River prob for the F-35B models.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
New F-35's must be really piling up down at Lockheed Fort Worth area at a production rate of 12 per Month
and hold on deliveries since late July. Article says also some testing of the new TR-3 software at Pax River prob for the F-35B models.

My boys in Alabama still waiting on theirs. They’ve been Viperless for a while.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Heard bit on news today that FAA is closing several MOAs on the East Coast for the holiday so that commercial aircraft can have more routes available. Would expect W72, W110, W386, W107/108 and maybe AR636 & AR 777 to be affected.
Been pretty balls to the wall the last couple days with flights. So I’m sure they getting it in before Thanksgiving so they can chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.