Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Lots of helos operating around Ft Indiantown Gap; Twr 126.2; Guard 21207 (UH-60 Black Hawk 21-21207) @1110L KRDG 125.150 hdg NE to KABE Lehigh Valley airport.
@1105L chatter on 274.450 AR218, mentioned 52Y.
Interesting signal Ident guide (from 2016) Military - Signal Identification Wiki
52Y is air to air for distance and bearing (had previous posted a list on this thread).

52Y is listed on the third page of six on the attached PDF

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Much traffic yesterday heard from the Yorktown, VA area on 293.3. Someone fairly strong seeming to direct engagement against ground targets, but only one voice heard AFAIK. Callsigns included AXEMAN, and SKIPPY 69. Seemed very active from mid-day to sundown. Didn't focus much on this, because I was there to check out a destroyer arriving at the Naval Weapons Station.

MD ANG?

73/Allen (N4JRI)

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Red = clear, green = secure.
I guess everyone uses different color codes. Red to me meant classified information that wasn't encrypted, black was after it was encrypted. the different colors systems were kept separate to keep red info from accidentally being recoverable on black parts of the systems. (ie different rooms with minimal interconnections between them.

Even this definition is different than what I understood as red/black

This is a closer idea to what I'm thinking of.

Of course in context, the pilot could have been referring to almost anything.

Thanks
Joel

Mark

Premium Subscriber
C-17 earlier today RCH-440 Dover #07-7176 into Richmond KRIC airport originally departed from Bahrain then Rota.
Rare stop for the C-17.. Not too far from the Navy folks down there.Was asked earlier via acars.. how many DMO Pax aboard?
I think that is a Marine Corp pax/cargo travel agency.. Distribution Management Office.

Last edited:

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
Are you guys using the pre-amps to make up for long cable runs or trying to boost weak signals? Do you get alot of overload on local freqs with them? Thanks
I use my Stridsberg Pre-20 since I run 15 scanners and an airspy with a 16 unit tv coupler. I have a local 102.5 radio station antenna about a half mile from me on the mountain, so I have a RS fm filter before and after the preamp. I need to get a 152 MHz paging filter; that's my only issue with rfi. The antenna is up about 40' with RG8 cable @ 75'. Every now & then I'll have a scanner lock up with another, but that's to be expected.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Are you guys using the pre-amps to make up for long cable runs or trying to boost weak signals? Do you get alot of overload on local freqs with them? Thanks
Both on my end.....yes some overload on some frequencies but I usually work around that. The PA feed uses a preamp for weak signals and on the airband you can hear other aircraft talking on frequencies other than the one the radio is showing. However, being less than 6 miles from KPHL and being right under the KEWR and KTEB arrival corridor - altitudes less than 18K....that can be expected.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
POTUS heads back to DC on Thursday...

PST
4:10 PM THE PRESIDENT departs San Francisco International Airport, San Francisco, California en route Joint Base Andrews

EST
11:50 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives/departs Joint Base Andrews en route to the White House
12:00 AM THE PRESIDENT arrives at the White House South Lawn

While the VP heads to Michigan...

At 10:50 am ET, the Vice President will depart Washington, DC en route to Grand Rapids, MI.
At 12:30 pm ET, the Vice President will arrive at Gerald R. Ford International Airport.

At 5:45 pm ET, the Vice President will depart Grand Rapids, MI en route to Washington, DC.
At 7:10 pm ET, the Vice President will arrive at Joint Base Andrews.