GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Actually, now that I look at the Montgomery County East Simulcast frequencies again, it appears that all of them are part of the "old" channel plan, and so the scanner should track them just fine.

Go back to Control Channel Only and set that to ON. That should fix your issue.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Fire Dispatch, Fire Region 4, etc are showing in the RRDB as digital so the BC780XLT is not capable of receiving P25 digital systems.

{edit}
I just checked the East Simulcast site. It is rebanded because when I did a test import to my program, it imported band plans.

So the BC780XLT will not work because it's not digital and it's not system rebanded capable

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Fire Dispatch, Fire Region 4, etc are showing in the RRDB as digital so the BC780XLT is not capable of receiving P25 digital systems.

{edit}
I just checked the East Simulcast site. It is rebanded because when I did a test import to my program, it imported band plans.

So the BC780XLT will not work because it's not digital and it's not system rebanded capable
You are obviously correct regarding the digital talkgroups, however the system is Type II and also has analog talkgroups, which the scanner can decode.

As far as rebanding, the actual frequencies are what is most important. Specifically whether or not they fall under the "new" channel numbering plan for the reallocated NPSPAC frequencies. The frequencies for the East Simulcast do not fall under those new channel numbers, as evidenced by them all having a 5 in the fourth position after the decimal. Non-rebandable scanner will work just fine with those frequencies, we went through the exact same thing with the New Jersey State Police Type II system years ago.

The reason ProScan imported band plans for the site is because the Rebanded flag is set in the RRDB. While it should be set to reflect that the system was indeed rebanded, ultimately it's pointless as the specific frequencies are unaffected.

radio3353

Folks, I really appreciate all of your help. Thanks. Here is the thing...in the past I have had this Montco system set up just fine in the 780 for police and countywide event TG's which use analog modulation. At that time I used Butel's ARC780 to program it. However, Butel never updated that program beyond Windows XP :mad: thereby making it useless now. In my post above with the screenshot I added a few fire digital TG's just for fun, but the Event TG's are analog as is the Countywide TG. And one of those Event TG"s was being used this afternoon as I was running the 780 and PRO-106 together for comparison. The 106 did fine, the 780 not so much. I also have Bank 2 set up with PD TG's which are analog, but again no joy.

Regarding changing Control Channel Only to ON, I don't have that option. I have only OFF, Plan 1, Plan 2, Plan 3, Plan 4. :unsure: I don't understand the Plan 1, etc. Would one of those be equivalent to ON?

Well, the 780 may just have to be my rail, aero and ham scanner at this point! I will continue to use my PRO-106 for Montco until they finally switch to their new P25 Phase 2 system (hopefully in my lifetime) and then my Unication G4 or G5 will be the ticket (except for PD going encrypted.)

Thanks again for all of your help.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Regarding changing Control Channel Only to ON, I don't have that option. I have only OFF, Plan 1, Plan 2, Plan 3, Plan 4. :unsure: I don't understand the Plan 1, etc. Would one of those be equivalent to ON?
Choose Plan 1. Here is what the manual says about that:

Control Channel Only Mode
When this function is activated, trunking is performed using control channel data only. Voice channel (also known as "working channel") frequencies do not have to be programmed into memory. When using this feature, the scanner will display "CC" and channel activity indicator bars will not operate. This feature only applies to Motorola 800 MHz and 900 MHz systems.
To turn this function on, choose Motorola Type-2 800 MHz or 900 MHz or TYPE 1 by selecting TRUNK DATA - BANK NO. - TRUNK TYPE. Then set to the desired control plan by selecting TRUNK DATA - BANK NO. - CTRL CH ONLY.
You must choose one of 4 frequency plans before you begin to Control Channel Trunk. Note that the default, Plan 1, is the most common. Read the description of the Plans below for details on which may apply for you.

PLAN 1: Use Plan 1 if the last three digits of ALL the frequencies in use end in one of the following three digits: 125, 375, 625, or 875 (example: 856.1125, 860.7375, 859.6625, 855.8875).

PLAN 2: If the last three digits of frequencies less than 869.0000 end in one of the following three digits (125, 375, 625, or 875) AND if ANY other frequencies end in (000, 250, 500, or 750) use Plan 2.

PLAN 3: If the last three digits of ALL the frequencies in use end in one of the following three digits (000, 250, 500, or 750) use Plan 3.

PLAN 4: If the last three digits of frequencies less than 866.0000 end in one of the following three digits (000, 250, 500, or 750) AND if ANY other frequencies end in (125, 375, 625, or 875) use Plan 4.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Oops, sorry, I'm not intimately familiar with that scanner. Yes, as @ProScan points out, Plan 1 would be the equivalent of "ON" in this case.

radio3353

Choose Plan 1. Here is what the manual says about that:

Control Channel Only Mode
When this function is activated, trunking is performed using control channel data only. Voice channel (also known as "working channel") frequencies do not have to be programmed into memory. When using this feature, the scanner will display "CC" and channel activity indicator bars will not operate. This feature only applies to Motorola 800 MHz and 900 MHz systems.
To turn this function on, choose Motorola Type-2 800 MHz or 900 MHz or TYPE 1 by selecting TRUNK DATA - BANK NO. - TRUNK TYPE. Then set to the desired control plan by selecting TRUNK DATA - BANK NO. - CTRL CH ONLY.
You must choose one of 4 frequency plans before you begin to Control Channel Trunk. Note that the default, Plan 1, is the most common. Read the description of the Plans below for details on which may apply for you.

PLAN 1: Use Plan 1 if the last three digits of ALL the frequencies in use end in one of the following three digits: 125, 375, 625, or 875 (example: 856.1125, 860.7375, 859.6625, 855.8875).

PLAN 2: If the last three digits of frequencies less than 869.0000 end in one of the following three digits (125, 375, 625, or 875) AND if ANY other frequencies end in (000, 250, 500, or 750) use Plan 2.

PLAN 3: If the last three digits of ALL the frequencies in use end in one of the following three digits (000, 250, 500, or 750) use Plan 3.

PLAN 4: If the last three digits of frequencies less than 866.0000 end in one of the following three digits (000, 250, 500, or 750) AND if ANY other frequencies end in (125, 375, 625, or 875) use Plan 4.

OK Bob. That page from the manual was the missing link! Based on my CC frequencies I chose Plan 2. I am now receiving the analog TG's (police.)

So, one last question - where do I get that manual? I don't see a link to it on your website. I think I need to sit down and read it.

Thanks again.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

nick223

Feed Provider
Using 16.0 proscan. I have the web sever hooked up and working local ip and and external port forwarding. I set a super user password and I can log in on my local ip but when I try and log in from the external ip port forward address it doesn’t log in. And idea?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Using 16.0 proscan. I have the web sever hooked up and working local ip and and external port forwarding. I set a super user password and I can log in on my local ip but when I try and log in from the external ip port forward address it doesn’t log in. And idea?

Do you get a web page at all from an external IP address?
You should be able to log in with the same password. I would make sure you are entering in the password exactly.

{edit} Logging in and passwords has nothing to do with accessing the Web Server locally or remotely.

Last edited:

nick223

Feed Provider
Yes i get the web page with the sds200 and everything works great. I also redid the password a few times and created a new to make sure i was typing it in correctly

Buddarous- i turned my wifi off on my cell and was using 5G to try it outside of network still couldn't log in but everything else just loaded fine on the web page.

Ill try it again in a few and see what happens

nick223

Feed Provider
On local network password works and I get the controls.
Off network can’t log in

Attachments

• CEF1AF6F-0DB3-4907-9270-65EC94EB76E8.jpeg
    CEF1AF6F-0DB3-4907-9270-65EC94EB76E8.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 27
  • BC17598D-E69D-4D98-8B16-2D8537766475.jpeg
    BC17598D-E69D-4D98-8B16-2D8537766475.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 27

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
On local network password works and I get the controls.
Off network can’t log in
Like I said before, Login and passwords has nothing to with being on the local or network side. Could it be the computer on the network side has a broken key on the keyboard?

nick223

Feed Provider
Like I said before, Login and passwords has nothing to with being on the local or network side. Could it be the computer on the network side has a broken key on the keyboard?
Nothing is broke on the keyboard. I type in the password and it go away when i click log in and thats it with out logging in.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Nothing is broke on the keyboard. I type in the password and it go away when i click log in and thats it with out logging in.
What browser are you using? Perhaps try another browser.

{edit} Also try an incorrect password and see if you get an incorrect password message.
Also hit the F12 key to bring up the developers console. See if any JavaScript errors.

Last edited: