nick223

Feed Provider
What browser are you using? Perhaps try another browser.

{edit} Also try an incorrect password and see if you get an incorrect password message.
Also hit the F12 key to bring up the developers console. See if any JavaScript errors.

ive tried multiple browsers and i tried a wrong password and nothing comes up

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ive tried multiple browsers and i tried a wrong password and nothing comes up
FYI, This is resolved. The JavaScript error was
Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:5000/' from origin 'http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:3939' has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

It turned out the OP port forwarded port#5000 and another using a random port# 3939. Removed the Port Forwarding rule on 3939 and now able to login remotely.

x-wb6bdq

Premium Subscriber
Proscan for SDS200 and URL feed works fine. With Loopback every transmission play fine. However, at times, Record shows a recorded line with correct time for the transmission that I heard over Loopback, but will not play back. When the line is highlighted and the play button is pressed, the button showing % time in the recording does not move. When several lines are highlighted, the lined are selected for about 1 second and proceed to next. This issue goes away when Proscan is restarted. It has happened several times over many days. I have tried several different record options [Each trans new row, Active row in view and Skip Silence] but eventually the recording will not play. I tried two different Windows players directly on the .mp3 files that didn't play and receive error messages. Any Ideas?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 16.1 Just Released.
  • Added - Favorites Editor now supports importing from the Sentinel (HPDB) database. Right Click to append to Favorites list.
  • Improved - Web Server - Removed the Burst Buffer which decreases the latency by about 8 seconds.
  • Fixed - Virtual display may not show when transmissions are received if the option Activity Display Back Color is set to None.
  • Fixed - BCD536HP Wi-Fi and SDS200 LAN audio most stable now.
ProScan supports the BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD325P2, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCD996P2, SDS100, SDS200, SDS100E, SDS200E, UBCD3600XLT, & USDS100 scanners.

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!

Made in the USA

JeffBH

ProScan works great for me and I can listen to my scanners from any location.
One thing I wonder if I could get some assistance with is the Uniden BCD436HP that I have running.
Most of the time when I reboot my computer I loose my metadata and have to unplug the usb cable and plug it back in and put the scanner in serial mode... then I can find it in the Comm Port settings and the metadata starts again. Is there any other solution to getting metadata back ?
I remote into my computer and do the reboot and loose my metadata when I do...
Thanks
Jeff

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan works great for me and I can listen to my scanners from any location.
One thing I wonder if I could get some assistance with is the Uniden BCD436HP that I have running.
Most of the time when I reboot my computer I loose my metadata and have to unplug the usb cable and plug it back in and put the scanner in serial mode... then I can find it in the Comm Port settings and the metadata starts again. Is there any other solution to getting metadata back ?
I remote into my computer and do the reboot and loose my metadata when I do...
Thanks
Jeff

That's a known issue with the driver used on the BCD996P2, BCD325P2, BCDx36HP, & SDSx00 scanners. Basically when the computer reboots, the scanner stops responding to polls. The only way to restore communications are either a scanner power cycle or reinsert the cable. To get around that, use the upper 4 pin port for RS-232 communications.

JeffBH

That's a known issue with the driver used on the BCD996P2, BCD325P2, BCDx36HP, & SDSx00 scanners. Basically when the computer reboots, the scanner stops responding to polls. The only way to restore communications are either a scanner power cycle or reinsert the cable. To get around that, use the upper 4 pin port for RS-232 communications.
Is there a cable you can purchase for the upper 4 pin port that someone like scanner master has available?
Thanks

JeffBH

Noticed that when I got the scanner it had that cable with it.
I plugged it in and it recognizes the BCD436 but the metadata is not coming accross.
Is there any setting that have to be done on the properties of the USB Comm Port to make this work?
Thanks

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Noticed that when I got the scanner it had that cable with it.
I plugged it in and it recognizes the BCD436 but the metadata is not coming accross.
Is there any setting that have to be done on the properties of the USB Comm Port to make this work?
Thanks
Did you install the driver? See the section Windows Serial Drivers.
Don't mess with the USB Comm Port properties.

JeffBH

Did you install the driver? See the section Windows Serial Drivers.
Don't mess with the USB Comm Port properties.

Yes, I did install the driver and went over the instructions several times to make sure I didn't miss anything.
One thing I have noticed is that when I pick the correct comm port out of the "Comm Port Auto Detect" it will show the metadata then go to the black screen after a couple of seconds.
I am using the Uniden BCD436
I have both cables plugged - lower one for power and upper one for the metadata.
I have changed usb ports thinking that might be my issue.

Is there a setting in the scanner I need to be making ? I went through everything I could see.
The cable was the one that I got with the scanner (extra) for gps.
It's a usb connector and I just noticed that there are some for sale that have a serial connector...is the usb connection unable to work for this type of action and is just for gps applications?

Thanks

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yes, I did install the driver and went over the instructions several times to make sure I didn't miss anything.
One thing I have noticed is that when I pick the correct comm port out of the "Comm Port Auto Detect" it will show the metadata then go to the black screen after a couple of seconds.
I have both cables plugged - lower one for power and upper one for the metadata.

Is there a setting in the scanner I need to be making ? I went through everything I could see.
It's a usb connector and I just noticed that there are some for sale that have a serial connector...is the usb connection unable to work for this type of action and is just for gps applications?

Thanks
Use the highest baud rate which is 115.2 K if not already set.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Thanks
Also the drivers are different depending if using the top(GPS) Port or bottom(USB port). The link I posted before is for the USB port because I assumed that what you were using since you said you're using the cable that came with the scanner. Here is the driver link to the USB-1 cable which is what the top port uses.

The BCD436HP is not listed probably because 1) The web page was written before the BCD436HP came out. 2) An USB cable (using the bottom port) is supplied with the scanner.

starneml

Premium Subscriber
I started getting an error dialog from the ProScan client (I am sure its some Microsoft update)
It says:
Assertion Failed, Abort=Quit, Retry=Debug, Ignore=Continue
AcmStream Dispose not called
at AcmStream.Finalize()

It runs ok for a while, and then this appears. I click Retry or Ignore and it comes back
I click Abort and ProScan client exits.

Anyone else seeing this? Any thoughts?

Running Windows 10 1909 -- all the latest patches applied (OS, Net, etc...)

Thanks
Mark

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
I started getting an error dialog from the ProScan client (I am sure its some Microsoft update)
It says:
Assertion Failed, Abort=Quit, Retry=Debug, Ignore=Continue
AcmStream Dispose not called
at AcmStream.Finalize()

It runs ok for a while, and then this appears. I click Retry or Ignore and it comes back
I click Abort and ProScan client exits.

Anyone else seeing this? Any thoughts?

Running Windows 10 1909 -- all the latest patches applied (OS, Net, etc...)

Thanks
Mark

didn't get that my proscan was updated to 16.1 on monday and running webserver without problem since the update check your windows events viewer maybe you will see something there

bond7211

Hi all, scanning newby here and new member, i have a bearcat 15X which i am using with Proscan 16.1, i have been able to set up the web server and that seems to be working ok, however what is driving me nuts it i am getting no sound at all via the web, the listen live option just doesnt seem to function or look like its receiving anything.

15X is connected to pc with USB cable, with up to date windows 10, and i am using the latest version of Chrome browser. HELP please been at this 3 days, i am not overly tech savvy. Many thx in advance for any assitance

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hi all, scanning newby here and new member, i have a bearcat 15X which i am using with Proscan 16.1, i have been able to set up the web server and that seems to be working ok, however what is driving me nuts it i am getting no sound at all via the web, the listen live option just doesnt seem to function or look like its receiving anything.

15X is connected to pc with USB cable, with up to date windows 10, and i am using the latest version of Chrome browser. HELP please been at this 3 days, i am not overly tech savvy. Many thx in advance for any assitance
The USB cable does not carry the audio signal. You need a separate audio cable from the scanner to the computer.