mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
You may not need the UID Lookup function on the SDSx00 (along with the BCDx36HP) scanners. These types of scanners has a Unit IDs group under each system. Using Sentinel or ProScan, enter in the Unit ID along with the text tag. It will take up to 64 characters
Appreciate that but isn't it faster/easier to grab and log immediately with ProScan? Crappy weather today and have a lot of free time. One other thing, once entered into ProScan, do I FTP Read from scanner to upload into Sentinel if possible?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Appreciate that but isn't it faster/easier to grab and log immediately with ProScan? Crappy weather today and have a lot of free time. One other thing, once entered into ProScan, do I FTP Read from scanner to upload into Sentinel if possible?

I think if using the scanner Unit IDs groups then it will show on the scanner display and ProScan logging. If using the ProScan UID Lookup function then it will only show in ProScan logging.
If editing in ProScan then you want to do a FTP Write so the scanner will have the most current favorites lists.

Last edited:

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
How is the audio getting to the host computer? Is it through the ProScan loopback, Win Mixer loopback, or using a media player connected to the Web Server feature? Focus on the host computer first before the far end.

The audio of the second instance is coming from the analog (headphone jack) out of the BC346XTC and in to the host computer via a line in jack, and between is a ground loop isolator. For my local (troubleshooting) listening on the host computer, I would use ProScan’s audio loop back under the “Test and Monitor” tab. But I can say that since restarting that second ProScan instance on Friday night, I haven’t yet had a repeat of the original issue. So I guess it’s just an occasional maintenance issue, and probably related to something on the Win10/audio drivers on the host.

ProScan is awesome.

Thanks,
ScottPDX

yukon

Premium Subscriber
I haven’t read up on either the 536 or SDS 200 to set up by URL. I did set up the 536 as access point. Is this correct or should it be infrastructure ?. Any other tips to help make these as painless as possible. Ps should the internal speaker shut off on the 536 when an external speaker is plugged in?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I haven’t read up on either the 536 or SDS 200 to set up by URL. I did set up the 536 as access point. Is this correct or should it be infrastructure ?. Any other tips to help make these as painless as possible.

Look at the 2 PDF documents on the bottom of the right side of the Proscan website:

ProScan

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 16.5 Just Released!
  • Added - Favorites Scanner Read and Scanner Write options "Copy & Replace" and "Copy With New Name" if scanner and ProScan data mismatch.
  • Added - Favorites MRU (Most Recently Used) to the File menu.
  • Added - Logging and Recorder - Copy the grid contents to a file function.
  • Fixed - Find & Replace was missing the conventional channels Audio Option.
  • Fixed - Recorder option "Delete < 2 Seconds Recording Entries From Grid And File" wasn't working in VOX mode.
  • Many small improvements.
ProScan supports the BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD325P2, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCD996P2, SDS100, SDS200, SDS100E, SDS200E, UBCD3600XLT, & USDS100 scanners.

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!

Made in the USA

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 16.5 Just Released!
  • Added - Favorites Scanner Read and Scanner Write options "Copy & Replace" and "Copy With New Name" if scanner and ProScan data mismatch.
  • Added - Favorites MRU (Most Recently Used) to the File menu.
  • Added - Logging and Recorder - Copy the grid contents to a file function.
  • Fixed - Find & Replace was missing the conventional channels Audio Option.
  • Fixed - Recorder option "Delete < 2 Seconds Recording Entries From Grid And File" wasn't working in VOX mode.
  • Many small improvements.
ProScan supports the BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD325P2, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCD996P2, SDS100, SDS200, SDS100E, SDS200E, UBCD3600XLT, & USDS100 scanners.

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!

Made in the USA

Never ending awesomeness!!! Thanks Bob!!! (y)

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Logging and recording function. Can you expand on that please. Better explanation.
Take the grid in the history log for example. Clicking the "Copy History Grid to History Grid Log.txt File' button will dump the entire contents of the grid to a file named History Grid Log.txt. located in the proscan folder. Try it!. If you want to change from tab delimited to comma, or custom delimited then that option is in the Options -> Logging tab. Trailing padded spaces are on by default. That makes the columns line up nicely when viewing with a text editor. if you don't want trailing padded spaces then it can be turned off in the Options -> Logging tab. The Options -> Logging tab also contains options to perform the same function as the button click each hour.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Take the grid in the history log for example. Clicking the "Copy History Grid to History Grid Log.txt File' button will dump the entire contents of the grid to a file named History Grid Log.txt. located in the proscan folder. Try it!. If you want to change from tab delimited to comma, or custom delimited then that option is in the Options -> Logging tab. Trailing padded spaces are on by default. That makes the columns line up nicely when viewing with a text editor. if you don't want trailing padded spaces then it can be turned off in the Options -> Logging tab. The Options -> Logging tab also contains options to perform the same function as the button click each hour.
Not sure if possible but do you foresee ProScan UID logger being able to edit after lookup and write to scanner or Sentinel? Asking before spending countless hours entering in Sentinel.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Not sure if possible but do you foresee ProScan UID logger being able to edit after lookup and write to scanner or Sentinel? Asking before spending countless hours entering in Sentinel.

Yes, Enter text in the UID After Lookup column. After that, select the rows to import then click the Copy/Move Selected Rows ... button. When the Copy/Move dialog comes up, choose Database and the options. One option to uncheck is the TGID Name Prepend %,. Another to check is the TGID Name "Use UID After Lookup" After the options are set, click the OK button then the UID's will appear in the ProScan Favorites Editor. If things don't appear as you want then try again experimenting with different options.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Yes, Enter text in the UID After Lookup column. After that, select the rows to import then click the Copy/Move Selected Rows ... button. When the Copy/Move dialog comes up, choose Database and the options. One option to uncheck is the TGID Name Prepend %,. Another to check is the TGID Name "Use UID After Lookup" After the options are set, click the OK button then the UID's will appear in the ProScan Favorites Editor. If things don't appear as you want then try again experimenting with different options.
I'll try that, Thanks

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Bob my SDS200 with the MSM command at 60 or 90 just shuts down and reboots never goes into mass storage mode ver 16.5
works great with my 536's
I had this issue and I didn't have my serial cable connected. I test this on my 200 with 16.5 and don't see an issue. For me, the serial cable had pulled out just enough that it wasn't making full contact.