Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
Is there an issue using the Webserver with version 17.8? I've tried fresh installs on 2 computers, and still the same issue. After a couple hours of running, the program locks up and stops responding. I've had to go back to version 17.0 in order to use the web server feature.

Yes i have the same problem an Bob said this issue was fixed and will be in the next release of Proscan

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
Have the webserver issues too. Glad I checked here and have kept prior versions so I could downgrade to 17.0. So grateful to Bob for creating and supporting ProScan, and to this thread. Really like it all.

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
Have the webserver issues too. Glad I checked here and have kept prior versions so I could downgrade to 17.0. So grateful to Bob for creating and supporting ProScan, and to this thread. Really like it all.
Here’s a little more info about my web server issues. I can only guess that it started from some other recent non-ProScan Windows 10 System or application update, because I can’t recall it happening for some time after I installed 17.8.0 some months ago. My issue seems to be around a lagging in Control and Super User modes, where I may have to refresh my browser to “maybe” regain control of scanner. Tried different browsers and “push” and “pull” updating to no effect. I think I might be seeing it happening on downgraded 17.0 too, so that’s why I think it is some update outside of ProScan, in my situation. I’m not having any problems just listening and monitoring, and no eventual lockups or crashes. Just a lagging or non-responsive “Control” and/or “Super User” modes on button presses.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
Is It possible to bring in audio from the scanner to the computer through the uniden cable or do I have to use the headphone jack and line in? That's how i've been doing it for years but i'm curious if I don't have to use it?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Is It possible to bring in audio from the scanner to the computer through the uniden cable or do I have to use the headphone jack and line in? That's how i've been doing it for years but i'm curious if I don't have to use it?
It would help if you told us what model scanner you're talking about, but as far as getting audio through the serial/USB connection, the answer is no regardless of model.

You can get audio from the SDS200's LAN connection, and from the 536's WiFi connection...but all other models are going to require an analog audio cable.

Ok, when importing from RRDB any frequency with five non zero numbers after decimal only imports 4. Example 769.90625 imports into proscan as 769.906200 but 851.750 imports as 851.75000. I might be missing something, but it's happening on multiple computers. The scanner is bcd536hp using 17.8.

Chris0516

Ok, when importing from RRDB any frequency with five non zero numbers after decimal only imports 4. Example 769.90625 imports into proscan as 769.906200 but 851.750 imports as 851.75000. I might be missing something, but it's happening on multiple computers. The scanner is bcd536hp using 17.8.
Because, There will always be only four numbers, after the decimal point('.') in Proscan. Regardless of whether you see three or five #'s after the decimal point in the RRDB. If you only see three(851.750), a '0' gets added. If you see five numbers(769.90625), the '5' gets chopped off and becomes 769.9063. Because a 5 gets rounded up to the next 'fourth' number. If it were 769.90875, that would become 769.9088. Do you see the pattern?

Last edited:

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
Here’s a little more info about my web server issues. I can only guess that it started from some other recent non-ProScan Windows 10 System or application update, because I can’t recall it happening for some time after I installed 17.8.0 some months ago. My issue seems to be around a lagging in Control and Super User modes, where I may have to refresh my browser to “maybe” regain control of scanner. Tried different browsers and “push” and “pull” updating to no effect. I think I might be seeing it happening on downgraded 17.0 too, so that’s why I think it is some update outside of ProScan, in my situation. I’m not having any problems just listening and monitoring, and no eventual lockups or crashes. Just a lagging or non-responsive “Control” and/or “Super User” modes on button presses.

Fixed my (not ProScan Web Server after all) issue, and it makes sense. Posting here to reiterate what Bob has said time and time again. Using an older RS232 cable (DB9 to DB9), I needed to reduce my scanner rear port, PC com port (Windows Device Manager), and ProScan configured baud rate down to 9600, as this older RS232 cable was from those days. And that explains why ProScan was sometimes showing broken scanner display and occasional non-response to browser web page management of my BCT15.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Fixed my (not ProScan Web Server after all) issue, and it makes sense. Posting here to reiterate what Bob has said time and time again. Using an older RS232 cable (DB9 to DB9), I needed to reduce my scanner rear port, PC com port (Windows Device Manager), and ProScan configured baud rate down to 9600, as this older RS232 cable was from those days. And that explains why ProScan was sometimes showing broken scanner display and occasional non-response to browser web page management of my BCT15.
I always advise to use the highest baud rate that the scanner supports. The baud rate setting in the Win Device Manager has no effect. Just change it in the scanner and ProScan.

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
I always advise to use the highest baud rate that the scanner supports. The baud rate setting in the Win Device Manager has no effect. Just change it in the scanner and ProScan.

Yes. To clarify my earlier statement of “reiterate what Bob has said time and time again” was meant to remind us all that most issues users have with ProScan are related to incorrect or mismatched baud rate settings.

Thanks for creating and supporting the awesome application that ProScan is.

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber

And it works so much better at 19,200 Baud using a USB to RS232 adapter.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
So just completed the latest Win 10 update and now getting UDP not connected. Using SDS 200 and 536 same results with both (just different IP addresses). Restarted Proscan, tried reconnect, restarted program and scanner, changed IP address on CPU and scanner and reboot, disabled IP then re-enabled. SDS200 shows using UDP Scanner Port 50536/Computer Port 54738.
IP 192.168.1.233 (set back to same as before), subnet 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway and DNS Server both 192.168.0.254.
Of course rebooted CPU
SDS200 using LAN, 536 using WiFi. Also ran both with the other off with no luck.
Sentinel does connect to both with no issues.
Suggestions?

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
So just completed the latest Win 10 update and now getting UDP not connected. Using SDS 200 and 536 same results with both (just different IP addresses). Restarted Proscan, tried reconnect, restarted program and scanner, changed IP address on CPU and scanner and reboot, disabled IP then re-enabled. SDS200 shows using UDP Scanner Port 50536/Computer Port 54738.
IP 192.168.1.233 (set back to same as before), subnet 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway and DNS Server both 192.168.0.254.
Of course rebooted CPU
SDS200 using LAN, 536 using WiFi. Also ran both with the other off with no luck.
Sentinel does connect to both with no issues.
Suggestions?

Please disregard. Firewall issue. If anyone uses NordVPN and has this issue please open the app and allow the firewall to access local network.
Not sure why this happened after Win 10 update but there you go.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 17.9 Just Released!
  • Added - Favorites Editor - Now can change the system type.
  • Added - Web Server - User supplied, and self-signing SSL certificate in addition to the Let's Encrypt certificate already implemented.
  • Changed - Recordings Auto Delete option changed to separate Days and Hours selection boxes.
  • Fixed - Web Server - ProScan was crashing when using the Web Server under certain conditions.
  • Fixed - Favorites Editor - Radio Reference DB Import function wasn't importing the P25 NAC at the site level.
ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!

Made in the USA