Paul Opitz passes away at age 59 after his battle with cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Terribly sorry to hear the news. My utmost condolences to the friends who knew him and the family of Paul (Upman). :(

Cancer is one hell of a "black death" and I've lost so many friends and family to that God awful disease. As was posted prior, F&*% cancer!

Go-West

Premium Subscriber
Rest in Peace for Paul as he tried as hard as he could. Thanks for all he did for us in the radio reference speaking up for us on a normal basis now and will not be forgotten.

Firekite

Man, that’s terrible news. Thank you, Paul, for your service to the community. May you Rest In Peace.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
RIP, Paul. I’ll miss seeing your avatar change and the discussion that followed about it’s meaning.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I dont come on the site much, haven’t beeen on here in awhile, but was on Facebook yesterday, and heard about this from The Scanner Guys post, and wanted to come on here and say, that I’m very sorry to hear about this, RIP Paul, and my prayers go out to his Friends and family.

scannermaster1

Database Admin
Paul will long be considered a towering figure in our hobby who cared so much about the product he and the Uniden team developed; but I will remember him most as a hardworking, kind, creative, friend with a great sense of humor who waged a valiant, inspiring fight against a terrible disease. My condolences to all Paul's friends and family.

samcken

Premium Subscriber
As a Uniden newbie, I only recently became aware of Paul's presence across these boards. While never having corresponded with him I was impressed by his knowledge and demeanor. He will be missed.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Was Paul a HAM? Didn’t know if he would be a “silent key”.

This really sux on so many levels.

(Am I the only one who hopes the guy who hit his car in the parking lot, gets caught and prosecuted? Some people are ridiculous.) And his mother was in the car with him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.