Pro 93 decoding issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonaustin

I have been using a Pro-93 for a couple of months now, but recently it has been having difficulty reading the EDACS control channel. I can hear the control channel with no static (before this started happening, it would even decode the IDs with moderate levels of static); however, now it will not decode anything from the channels. I reset and reinitialized the scanner with no luck. Does anybody know what causes this and how to fix it? Is it possibly an antenna issue or is it likely an internal issue?

Thanks in advance for the feedback,
Gordon Austin

gordonaustin

I am trying to listen to the Green County Ohio EDACS trunked system. It had been working perfectly for a couple months. I bought a new antenna today and that did not fix the problem completely.

shadcall

Make sure you have all the frequencies entered and in the order listed on the data base. This is required to listen to an EDACS system. I see there is some ProVoice use and you will not be able to monitor those talk groups.

gordonaustin

I have the frequencies in the scanner correctly, however it does appear that the scanner is out of tune (the signal is much clearer on the channel one step above what I am supposed to hear it on). even using the modified frequencies, I still cannot read the control channel. Normally they use channel 3 or channel 2 and when in manual mode, the scanner reads "ED: CTL-3" or "ED: CTL-2" respectively and changes to an active talkgroup when one becomes active. It has stopped doing that completely now. I also bought a new antenna to try, which did not help.

gordonaustin

UPDATE: I tried a new antenna on the scanner with no luck, however I have found that the control channels frequencies seem to be off by one frequency step, so I think the scanner is out of tune. that should not effect the ability to read the control channel data should it (if I am on the clearer frequency)? I was under the impression that just saving a control channel to a memory bank and telling the scanner that it was either motorolla or EDACS should make it read active talkgroups in manual mode. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.