Reecom Weather Alert Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Does anyone have any comments good or bad about the weather radios made by Reecom? I am thinking about replacing my current Uniden model WX-100, with their model R-1630. However, the R-1650 looks interesting as well.

73's

Ron

dbox1

The Midland WR-300 was my choice at around $43.00 at NewEgg.com and I love it. AM/FM with presets, feature packed SAME as well as alarm. I would recommend it to anyone looking for weather radio.

Last edited:

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
Ron,

As you know I bought the Model R1630. I saw no need for AM/FM. I just wanted weather nothing else.

The R1630 goes for $55.95 and I bought it at www.weatherconnection.com

I was happy with their customer service and they delt with me very well. I would buy from them again. Come over sometime and play with mine before you buy......

dbox1

The great thing about having AM/FM, is that the local TV stations simulcast on both AM and FM stations when tornado's come rolling through, and an all in one package to hear not only the alert, but also take it to the safe place with you to hear live updates as to the progress of the storm is always a plus, which you do not have with single mode radios. Just my personal take on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.