• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Sacramento P25 system

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
While at home I monitor all 3 systems (P25, city analog, county analog); but when mobile I've mostly only been monitoring analog and I've noticed the traffic level is not what it used to be. I know there is stuff on P25 only. Thanks for the heads up.

LNUradioguy

Looks like UC Davis did some RF coverage testing with their new site in the early hours of Tuesday. They took 2 voice channels from the existing UC Davis system. Sounds SRRCS wants to have everyone off the old system and the Davis sites online before January.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Looks like UC Davis did some RF coverage testing with their new site in the early hours of Tuesday. They took 2 voice channels from the existing UC Davis system. Sounds SRRCS wants to have everyone off the old system and the Davis sites online before January.
Did you monitor any of this testing?

Do they still have a P25 control channel on the air?

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Did you monitor any of this testing?

Do they still have a P25 control channel on the air?
I received a submission with the UC Davis Fire talkgroups and added them to the SRRCS P25 system. In light of the fact that they're doing site coverage testing, should we keep them in the database? Or hold off?

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
I received a submission with the UC Davis Fire talkgroups and added them to the SRRCS P25 system. In light of the fact that they're doing site coverage testing, should we keep them in the database? Or hold off?
Are you asking if you should remove the UCDFD talkgroups from the UC Davis SmartNet system, or hold off from adding them (or, at this point, removing them) from the SRRCS P25 system?

If the former, UCDFD is still using their UC Davis SmartNet talkgroups as of September 9th. If the latter, I say any talkgroups that are submitted should be added, if the person submitting has verified them (either through listening or obtaining from other sources).

The new TGIDs added to the P25 system I can confirm have had West Sac FD and Sacramento FD radio IDs joining these past few months (running Unitrunker 24/7).

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Are you asking if you should remove the UCDFD talkgroups from the UC Davis SmartNet system, or hold off from adding them (or, at this point, removing them) from the SRRCS P25 system?

If the former, UCDFD is still using their UC Davis SmartNet talkgroups as of September 9th. If the latter, I say any talkgroups that are submitted should be added, if the person submitting has verified them (either through listening or obtaining from other sources).

The new TGIDs added to the P25 system I can confirm have had West Sac FD and Sacramento FD radio IDs joining these past few months (running Unitrunker 24/7).
Thanks. By policy we don't add unverified talkgroup information. We also don't indefinitely leave "planned" talkgroup info in a system that hasn't cut over yet. However in this case in light of the fact that UCD Fire has a P25 site that has already been intermittently tested I think now is the time to add the talkgroups.