SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

slicerwizard

I am a bit confused vith DSD FL as it does not let me use audio source rather than TCP... but I think I am not on the right place for that.
Yes, not the right place, but here it is:

Using DSD+ with external signal sources

DSD+ can be used with external signal sources such as a properly discriminator-tapped receiver
or SDR software such as SDR#. To use DSD+ with these sources, use the menus in DSD+ to
select Passive Digital Monitor mode and then to select the audio input device that carries
the digital audio signal. When running in this mode, DSD+ can be used to monitor conventional
analog and supported digital signals; DSD+ will not directly support trunk tracking.

thewraith2008

@thewraith2008
why you sometime be that grumpy?
Because you don't listen and also go on and on when I don't add something you suggest.

TSSDR is de author of this plugin, who seem very helpful for the whole community.
He has created some great stuff to use with SDR, but documentation and support is lacking.
I am the one who has improved on what it was and supplied documentation and support. (And not just for this plug-in)
This why your your ungrateful, you can't even give me any credit for what I've done.

thewraith2008,
you remember our very heavy discussion about the "UserDefineMessages" who not seem able work out?
To be real,
who suggested to use binary output to read data to see if we able to make any sense out of these "UserDefineMessages".
Who suggested to make extra configuration file?
Yes I remember, getting any information about what you where seeing was like getting blood from a stone.

Yes iam totally not pleased with your latest releases where you disable the "VoiceAuto" function, you limited the decoder functionality in dramatic way and.... special for new users who not willing to read nor understand the manual.
There is no reason to disable "VoiceAuto" because the user is able to turn it off.
As I keep telling you, TTT purpose is to follow a calls and so needs to control the timeslots. It does not need someone dicking around with the timeslots when it's trying to do this. If you want to change the timeslots that TTT wants to use then what's the point of even using TTT in the first place. You have not set priorities correctly if you want to listen to a call other than the one that is currently active.
In any case you can use the 'Auto' timeslot selection, all you have to do is disable "TTT Mode Enable" (and not use TTT)

In PM total 5x users asking me response about my question for MSregistration extra logging function.
I advice all of them, to ask you.
As stated in previous post, MS registrations information is logged to a daily file and has timestamps. It just needs to be enabled.
I see no point adding any type of filter to this log. A user can do this themselves to extract whatever they are interested in.

TSSDR still support the "VoiceAuto" function its better for the new users who hear instant result voice out of there speakers without reading 20 pages who most of them not understand (yet).
Again, this plug-in supports it and if you bothered to read the documentation you would know this. (and my PM would be hundreds of posts less)
The documentation is a reference document, you read the part you need. It's not that hard.
New users who want someone to hold their hand and a one click solution can look elsewhere. I not going to dumb down something I use to make life easier for a simpleton who can't read a few pages.

Latest version (v1.7.1.0) can be found here: Release post

hamradionl

@thewraith2008,

Some times people memory hold for very, very short time, as in most cases.
And a good 8 hour sleep will help to improve memory :)

Sorry, i not allowe write any negative comments about TSSDR!
If i be correct informed?
You decompile TSSDR his code and made improvements, sometime later you ask TSSDR permission to take over his project and his source code.

This why your your ungrateful, you can't even give me any credit for what I've done.

Help you remember, because your completely wrong doing and your comment is way out of line
beta test your early new versions spending days and nights, before released to community.
You mention this ungrateful?
Where i did not give you credits?

In any case you can use the 'Auto' timeslot selection, all you have to do is disable "TTT Mode Enable" (and not use TTT)

About not reading, Again i keep repeating my self
VOICE AUTO inst working it turn itself off, its not fallow, report this several times, but you are not listening or not willing to read my PM
Other functions like i mention in PM also no longer function correct.
Also new network no longer function, also pulsed signal tuning, the whole TT stop decoding.

Again, this plug-in supports it and if you bothered to read the documentation

Several times reported wrong or incomplete info in your documents, remember?

But lets stop argue,
my advice be, to keep listening to user input, and no longer bully or act grumpy to new users.
Only old men are grumpy :) :)

F5GKW

I also tried your 2 last versions.
I see the " tick box" "auto" for auto voice timeslot select, does not stay on. This point is annoying me, maybe I am wrong somewhere in configuration. ( ? )
Don't use 'TTT Mode Enable' if your not using TTT.
If you are using TTT, then it controls the timeslot.

Hello @thewraith2008, ! THANKS ! now well understood about TTT controling the TS.

"I don't understand people who listen to activity like this, how can you follow a conversation when it jumps somewhere else. "

I am new on this activity, so I am discovering ! I will understand soon ;)
Thanks again for your job.

asgard

@thewraith2008 i'm following your development from your early start and i'm more then a happy user. Also is hard to not see that you searchead/learned developed alot. Based on your knowledge what you think or how you see a solution to reverse a little bit your work and instead of rx, to have tx also from a sdr capabile of that ? Don't know if you looked at pistar/ MMDVM/multimode hotspots to see how they work. Basically my qestion is if and how you think this can be implemented in a hotspot/roip solution. br'

thewraith2008

@thewraith2008 i'm following your development from your early start and i'm more then a happy user. Also is hard to not see that you searchead/learned developed alot. Based on your knowledge what you think or how you see a solution to reverse a little bit your work and instead of rx, to have tx also from a sdr capabile of that ? Don't know if you looked at pistar/ MMDVM/multimode hotspots to see how they work. Basically my qestion is if and how you think this can be implemented in a hotspot/roip solution. br'
I don't have a SDR that is capable of TX and have not really been interested in creating a 'Open' TETRA BS solution.

I would imagine it would be a huge undertaking implementing all the require hardware, protocols and other functions that would be required to make the BS function correctly.

Determine suitable hardware for the receive and transmit.
- This is to handle all the required physical layers for both RX and TX.

Determine suitable hardware for the BS controller/processing.
- Some how I doubt mini PC (NUC, Raspberry Pi) would be capable for the job.

Implement upper protocols: MAC, MLE, CMCE, MM and SNDCP (if required).
- One each for RX and one for TX
- You would need to add all of these (except SNDCP) at a minimum.

A central protocol/database to handle MS registrations (and authentication if used)

If you wanted multi-site (LAs) capability, i.e the inter-system interface (ISI). It would add a ridiculous level of complexity.

The timing of all these components are critical.

And probably many other things I can't think of to consider.

While not impossible to accomplish, the cost (time and money) to do this, you would be crazy to do this for free for the benefit of someone else.
Manufactures sell hardware for big money. The buyer (i.e providers) sell as service to recoup the huge cost of the infrastructure.
At a hobby level, I doubt it would be practical for anyone to do.

asgard

I don't have a SDR that is capable of TX and have not really been interested in creating a 'Open' TETRA BS solution.

I would imagine it would be a huge undertaking implementing all the require hardware, protocols and other functions that would be required to make the BS function correctly.

Determine suitable hardware for the receive and transmit.
- This is to handle all the required physical layers for both RX and TX.

Determine suitable hardware for the BS controller/processing.
- Some how I doubt mini PC (NUC, Raspberry Pi) would be capable for the job.

Implement upper protocols: MAC, MLE, CMCE, MM and SNDCP (if required).
- One each for RX and one for TX
- You would need to add all of these (except SNDCP) at a minimum.

A central protocol/database to handle MS registrations (and authentication if used)

If you wanted multi-site (LAs) capability, i.e the inter-system interface (ISI). It would add a ridiculous level of complexity.

The timing of all these components are critical.

And probably many other things I can't think of to consider.

While not impossible to accomplish, the cost (time and money) to do this, you would be crazy to do this for free for the benefit of someone else.
Manufactures sell hardware for big money. The buyer (i.e providers) sell as service to recoup the huge cost of the infrastructure.
At a hobby level, I doubt it would be practical for anyone to do.

thanks for answer, your views are bigger then mine. Never thinked at a tmo solution for this configuration... i was thinking at a DMO solution allowing user to change GSSI 's (as Talk Groups in DMR ) , with posibility of sending/receiving all tetra info as ISSI etc over ip not just voice as we do that already :)
br'

thewraith2008

I doubt TETRA would function correctly over IP.

e.g. MS <-air-> AP(BS/REP) <IP---//---IP> AP(BS/REP) <-air-> MS
IP = Some TCP/UDP network
MS = Mobile station
BS/REP = Base station repeater
AP = Access point which acts as the BS/REP

The timebase counters would not be aligned correctly if sent via IP.
The 'BS/REP' would say use next slot but MS would not respond probably for a number of slots which the BS/REP will most likely reject.

Latest version (v1.7.1.0) can be found here: Release post

TheButcher

Mr. thewraith2008 may be straight up, which I think is a good thing these days with nanny States, etc. He has helped me a lot, and many others. So take with a grain of salt. Best being that way than beating about the bush!

Any way respect to you both (hamradionl).

There is an acronym "RTFM". Anyhow, back to work! ps. I can be grumpy too, before I have had my morning coffee!

intruso

Hi, my processor consumption issues have been improved.
Obviously SDRSharp was at fault in its version 1702, with the 1732 version there is no excessive consumption and so my old
core2duo with win7 x86 supports intensive use without complaint.

I have been weeks with the latest version, in my Chinese sdr blue plastic works perfectly.
I enjoy my favorite network, what I am not interested in is blocking and not listening.
I have prioritized the channels that I want to listen to and when a call comes in from my favorite channel it is cut off and I can listen without losing anything.

The only thing I have noticed is that with my green NewGen RTL2832 SDR metal sdr freezes.
At first I thought it was a TTT problem, but as I said I have tried with the blue plastic SDR and it does not crash after more than 12 hours in a row.

I would blame the hangs on SDRSharp more with this type of green sdr.

TTT works perfect for me in this version.

Some time ago something was around my head.
Is it difficult to transfer your project to linux? I know there has been a project for years with GNU Radio.
TTT on a Raspberry pi, it would be great. Maybe TTT itself was more complicated, but even if it is only the complement.
The size of a Raspberry pi makes it ideal as a portable option or intended exclusively for this use.

I am also someone who wants to snap his fingers and that everything comes out, but friends, in this field of experimentation you have to lose hours of sleep and read.
At first I didn't know how to install TTT, but I read and translated the manuals and in the end I managed to do it, it took a while.
Many people I include myself ask the same and same things and this is frustrating for someone who bothers to write and make a user manual.
We are getting used to it badly.
We want to press a button and that everything works, and this hobby is not like that.

You have to be patient

thewraith2008 I thank you for this beautiful project that you have created and that makes some of our people so happy.
free time

73!

TheButcher

"Obviously SDRSharp was at fault in its version 1702, with the 1732 version there is no excessive consumption"

Interesting... I find SDR# very CPU hungry, even on my 10 year old quad-core...

"The only thing I have noticed is that with my green NewGen RTL2832 SDR metal sdr freezes. "

Might be a USB power problem. ie. Not enough juice ? Running from a USB hub, nay be?

intruso

I also remember a high consumption of RAM memory.

Sure enough, I use a single connection USB extension directly to my old core2duo's port.

Could you be to blame for the freezes? with the New Gen of RTL2832?
Any solution?
I can't put direct to usb connector.

The only difference between SDRs is the PPM offset offset thanks to its TCXO and aluminum casing.
Although I have thought about putting heatsinks and introducing the plastic SDR in an aluminum case also for better cooling.

TNX

Ubbe

Sometimes my SDR# freezes every hour and sometimes it can go on for days. It probably depends of what other programs I'm running and in what order they are started and at other times a PC reboot are necessary.

/Ubbe

DarkAngelT

I have two problems, I don't know if more people around here also have them.

The first of my problems ... I use 2 SDR and it is practically impossible to use with USB cable! They just don't work or work poorly. I already tried other cables and I already reduced the cable size, but I had to give up using cables.

The second of my problems is that when the 2 SDRs are working, my usb mouse starts to fail. With an SDR already fails but with 2 SDR in operation, it is impossible to use the USB mouse. I ended up having to search and buy a PS2 mouse.

TheButcher

I find that if CPU use = 100%, DSD+ FL has problems with TCP linking (connection lost). Same would apply with SDR# if CPU 100%. No CPU to process audio / RF etc...

Ubbe

I use 2 SDR and it is practically impossible to use with USB cable! They just don't work or work poorly.....The second of my problems is that when the 2 SDRs are working, my usb mouse starts to fail.
I use extension cables and passive splitters for my RTL-SDRs and have all other devices using USB like keyboard, mouse and scanners. I think that the RTL-SDRs are too heavy for direct connection to the PC's USB port and they also block too much of other ports making them unusable.

It's strange that the mouse conflicts with the operation of other ports. You can use something like USBDeview to look at your port status and remove all drivers and start over from scratch and let windows install fresh drivers when you insert a USB device. Is it a standard windows PC with standard hardware?

/Ubbe

DarkAngelT

I use extension cables and passive splitters for my RTL-SDRs and have all other devices using USB like keyboard, mouse and scanners. I think that the RTL-SDRs are too heavy for direct connection to the PC's USB port and they also block too much of other ports making them unusable.

It's strange that the mouse conflicts with the operation of other ports. You can use something like USBDeview to look at your port status and remove all drivers and start over from scratch and let windows install fresh drivers when you insert a USB device. Is it a standard windows PC with standard hardware?

/Ubbe

The problem mentioned only occurs when the SDRs are working.
When Sharp SDRs are closed, there are no problems with the Mouse.

However, when the SDR programs are working, the mouse pointer starts to freeze and the clicks on it seem to malfunction.

Using Windows 10.