SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

fabrizio77

Hi all , I have a problem with Limesdr mini and Tetra 1.6.3.8 with Sdrsharp 1.0.0.1672 working , I can tune the frequency but the Tetraplugin not decode anything , is dead , why? I have also rtls dr pen and is working well.

lynzoid

You won't be able to do this. sdrsharp have hardcoded whitelist of devices that are able to receive fft data. Limesdr isnt on it. Sorry.

OKB579

Hi,

first: great thanks to thewraith2008 for the work and effort

But, I would like to report a minor bug in v1.7.1.0 regarding reading/ writing of the TETRA_GSSI file:

The file is obvious a *.csv file and the last coloum is the lockout state stored as bool value.
Under a non-english Win7 the bool value is read/writen as localized string from/into the file. Under Win10 1909, also non-english - same language as formentioned Win7, this value is is writen in english (true, false).
So I would assume that either the .ToString() and .TryParse() functiontions are not intialized as properly localized or the behaviour of the used initialization differs between Win7 and Win10.

This only becomes a problem when one tries to take over an existing GSSI 'database' from one OS version to the other. TTT fails to load the file due an unknown value/ data type - if one has basic experience and knowledge with localizing issues it's easy to fix by doing a search/ replace on the file to replace the strings.
Interesting side note: the timestamp in the TETRA_SSI is apparently not affected by this, as on both systems the datetime string is written in the localized format.

best regards

thewraith2008

@thewraith2008
the subject text and the first line
If info not useful or not able locate the BAD CRC, let it go.

hamradionl's PM said:
Subject: Pulsed Tetra
1st line: This is what i see tetra Pulsed signal, some garbling voice and some no garbling voice
This is not a question nor does it say anything about looking for a bad CRC.
In those 255 lines, there is one entry that mentions it "e.g. BAD bkn2 CRC". Errors in any radio system are normal and a fact of life, we can only try to minimize them.

But your right, I've spend too much time on it and now it's time to "let it go".

Latest version (v1.7.1.0) can be found here: Release post

hamradionl

TTT no longer work with the new Tetra standard that is use pulsed voice modulation in our area and introduced in rest of Europe and UK later this year!
TTT stop working and start spit out those lines. restart, work, BAD CRC, stop, restart, work, BAD CRC, stop, restart and so on
Please Users who finding bugs send your questions, your comments or ask for help, to Wraith2008.

Last edited:

thewraith2008

TTT no longer work with the new Tetra standard that is use pulsed voice modulation in our area and introduced in rest of Europe and UK later this year!
TTT stop working and start spit out those lines. restart, work, BAD CRC, stop, restart, work, BAD CRC, stop, restart and so on
Please Users who finding bugs send your questions, your comments or ask for help, to Wraith2008.
What is this new TETRA standard you refer too.
The current version of the 'Air Interface' is v3.8.1 and that was issued in 2016-08. There was a v3.9.1 2019-01 but that seems to have been pulled.

Those 'logs' you sent have 'encrypted' all though it, TTT does not work with encrypted traffic.

Those pulsed carriers are only traffic carriers and are not main carriers.
These networks (to which the pulsed carriers belong) are only class 3, so no clear speech can exist on them.
When I tune to them with the plug-in I can hear the encrypted traffic.

hamradionl

yes i know its traffic channel the 13 years old network TTT work fine on traffic channels.

Last month replace Old network for brand New Hytera BS
untill the BAD CRC after that moment TTT locked itself out/off nothing no audio, nothing, stop decoding, dead. TTT need Restart for working again, receive BAD CRC and TTT is locked out again, restart and so on and so on.
Also that other lines i sent you, those never been seen in previous TTT versions nor in previous Old TETRA network, when these lines received, TTT locked out on that particular traffic channel or slot. Need wait for new sync on traffic channel or a new conversation is build up or restart TTT to "login" that traffic channel slot again, untill lines or BAD CRC.

uniq4ever

Some problems with TETRA Demodulator 1.7.1.0: "void" voice messages!
TETRA Demodulator dont defined GSSI & ISSI...
videoreport addin

PS: My english is not well

Ubbe

uniq4ever, You can calibrate your frequency, it's way off. Set the Frequency Correction (ppm) to 40. Zoom in on the spectrum as much as possible and have the signal going exactly the same in upper (+12,5KHz) as in lower frequency (-12,5KHz) when you have entered the correct frequency, what the underline green frequency says, and adjust the ppm calibration to get it exactly spot on.

Do you hear conversations on tetra radio or in any other way, it looks ok in SDR# but no one are using the system? One frequency doesn't send any adjacent channel info so system are in its building phase and not yeat operational?

/Ubbe

F5GKW

Hello thewraith2008, !
Great job ;).
I am very new about Tetra decoding. ;)

Need to know lot of vocabulary and how the cells work ( together).

I ran the "russian" tetra plugin ( Плагин для приема "Тетра").

It also well works to decode audio, but, of course, tetra trunk tracker does not run with.

I also tried your 2 last versions.
I see the " tick box" "auto" for auto voice timeslot select, does not stay on. This point is annoying me, maybe I am wrong somewhere in configuration. ( ? )

I am also using DSD ( I have also the FL version).
Do I must use it in same time to get the GPS infos with tetra trunk tracker ? ... I am a bit confused vith DSD FL as it does not let me use audio source rather than TCP... but I think I am not on the right place for that.

Anyway, many thanks for your work !
Best 73 and regards from France,
Jean-Phi " F5GKW"

thewraith2008

All these posts (below) share the same problem, they have failed to read the documentation.
While it is in English it can be translated as others have done.

Some problems with TETRA Demodulator 1.7.1.0: "void" voice messages!
TETRA Demodulator dont defined GSSI & ISSI...

videoreport addin

PS: My english is not well
Calibrate your dongle (as Ubbe mentions)
'Bandwidth' should be 25KHz not 28Khz. 28KHz will just introduce more noise.
Don't use 'TTT Mode Enable' if your not using TTT.
Your signal is TMO not DMO. Anything shown while DMO is selected is false. (That is not real voice activity you are seeing)
When TMO is used it looks like things are decoded correctly, there needs to be call activity on cell for anything to be seen. (Call set-ups/Voice)

great software, t is possible to create an extra menu for logging the MSregistrations information.(date/time).
thx
This already exists.
When enabled, a file is create for each day with the time stamp for 'MS registrations' activity.

@uniq4ever, thanks
Like i mention in your video tab BURST TYPE: also clearly show those lines BAD CRC and BAD bkn2 CRC
Stop going on about random crc errors (or false positives) that can't be fixed.
Your unwillingness to provide useful information or samples about your problem will most likely see no investigation into it.

Hello thewraith2008, !
Great job ;).
I am very new about Tetra decoding. ;)

Need to know lot of vocabulary and how the cells work ( together).

I ran the "russian" tetra plugin ( Плагин для приема "Тетра").

It also well works to decode audio, but, of course, tetra trunk tracker does not run with.

I also tried your 2 last versions.
I see the " tick box" "auto" for auto voice timeslot select, does not stay on. This point is annoying me, maybe I am wrong somewhere in configuration. ( ? )
Don't use 'TTT Mode Enable' if your not using TTT.
If you are using TTT, then it controls the timeslot.
If you don't like it then stop using TTT and just let the plug-in select the timeslot randomly. I don't understand people who listen to activity like this, how can you follow a conversation when it jumps somewhere else.

I am also using DSD ( I have also the FL version).
Do I must use it in same time to get the GPS infos with tetra trunk tracker ? ... I am a bit confused vith DSD FL as it does not let me use audio source rather than TCP... but I think I am not on the right place for that.

Anyway, many thanks for your work !
Best 73 and regards from France,
Jean-Phi " F5GKW"
I can't help with this if you don't understand the documentation as my answer here will be the same as documentation.

hamradionl

Monitor the community from year 1996
Getting feedback from users for improvements, this how it work for last 25 years and still work as be today.
Answer to users "doing it wrong" or "do not understand" or 'not read manual" or "don't understand the documentation" or "unwilling to provide useful information".
Users have problem, ask questions or give there feedback this is what users do...... give there feedback. Users share ideas or share improvements, find bugs when monitor there own local network.
If a new users who just starting and getting reply "don't understand the documentation" with respect, that is not the answer expecting to get.
Just my opinion.

thewraith2008

I have no issue with meaningful feedback and questions.
I do have an issue when I have written documentation that covers the questions been asked.
Documentation was created so I don't have to continually repeat myself.

A new user is expected to read the documentation, then asked questions. Not the other way around.
If English is the problem been understood then I'm not sure how coming to an English forum will help.

I have created good documentation and provided a high level of support (for the last 2 years) which is a damn lot more the the original creator offered.

You have continually shown yourself to truly ungrateful for something that is given freely and done as a hobby.

You can go back to using the featureless old version like you said in this post. And then forefill your promise as you stated here.

RevWil

How about creating a donation link, so people can thank you with donating?
I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people who would do that,
because we are all aware that this "hobby" can take many time, afford and sweat.

I think I've already asked it, but is it technical possible to include a function where we can use a custom sound that is played in the "MS Registrations"- Tab, every time a MS request and BS acknowledgement happens?

Have a nice week!

hamradionl

@thewraith2008
why you sometime be that grumpy?
Sorry to hear i am "truly ungrateful to this community" when asking questions or commenting.

TSSDR is de author of this plugin, who seem very helpful for the whole community.

thewraith2008,
you remember our very heavy discussion about the "UserDefineMessages" who not seem able work out?
To be real,
who suggested to use binary output to read data to see if we able to make any sense out of these "UserDefineMessages".
Who suggested to make extra configuration file?

Yes iam totally not pleased with your latest releases where you disable the "VoiceAuto" function, you limited the decoder functionality in dramatic way and.... special for new users who not willing to read nor understand the manual.
There is no reason to disable "VoiceAuto" because the user is able to turn it off.

In PM total 5x users asking me response about my question for MSregistration extra logging function.
I advice all of them, to ask you.

TSSDR still support the "VoiceAuto" function its better for the new users who hear instant result voice out of there speakers without reading 20 pages who most of them not understand (yet).