• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio3353

Got another question as I just got this unit. A red light flashes on top on a regular basis, now on a radio that means it's in TX mode. Is this unit actually doing that or is it just for show? Let me know please. Thanks for the help in advance as well.

It is a pager, not a two-way radio!

What you are seeing is the Standby LED. It flashes periodically to let you know the pager is on. You can disable it or change the flash interval on page D-8 in PPS. Scroll to the bottom of the page to the LED Setting. Uncheck the Enable box if you don't want the LED to blink at all. Or, change the Blinking Interval to your desired flash interval. I have mine set to 240 seconds.

Standby LED Setting.JPG

DJ11DLN

There is Indiana TRS in the Michigan code plug I uploaded. Where is Mudhole?
I'm in the Terre Haute area, lots of us call the local small town Mudhole, very old joke about a drainage system that used to fail spectacularly every time it rained more than 0.5". I'll look for your codeplug later, thanks.

N0WRE

I'm hoping the new version of the software for import is easier to use. Programming by hand is a pain in the rear for building systems.

N0WRE

Is there a code plug for the Colorado DTRS system that anyone has that they can share? This one is driving me nuts as I keep getting Out of Range. Thanks for the help in advance.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Is there a code plug for the Colorado DTRS system that anyone has that they can share? This one is driving me nuts as I keep getting Out of Range. Thanks for the help in advance.
What Site are you trying to listen to?

N0WRE

State of Colorado DTRS Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

I have all the control channel and alternates programmed in for a single county and the talkgroups correct but It might be the system name that's wrong. I had to for WyoLink type it in that exact way to get the system here to work in Cheyenne. I have tried DTRS and DTS with no luck System ID and WACN are set correctly. Unless there is a special way to put in the CC and Alt channels in to make it work. What I did for the WyoLink system was the CC first and then the Alt and it works fine. DTRS has one CC and several Alt where Wyolink has one CC and one Alt per tower. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help!

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
ok I had a thread yesterday, the Big Hangup will be the RFSS and Site Number, if wrong they will give the radio out of range, also it all has to be in HEX for it to work properly

I would try just one tower first then go from there, if you have a unit like an SDS100/200 436/536 that displays the information from a site or even DSD and Unitrunker, that will be the best way to go as sometimes the database can be incorrect.

on a Motorola System, you only need to put the primary and alternate control channels in, DTRS is Motorola so you are good there Most Motorola systems WACN is BEE00 the database has it listed as BEE07 so you might want to check that

so to review
make sure the SYSID, WACN for the system are correct, and make sure the RFSS, SITE ID for each site are correct and in HEX where noted

Last edited:

N0WRE

I have tried DTRS and DTS for the system name. I have the main and alt CC channels in DTRS lists one main and three alt CC for DTRS in Colorado.. RFSS sites are verified through RR. I did check to make sure they were hex as well. Might change it to BEE00 and see if that works.
I don't have access to a scanner at this time. Might just have to wait for the import feature from Unification to see if that works. Its not a system I listen to all the time but would be nice to have it in the pager for when I do go to Colorado.

Thanks for the help however and I will double check settings. Might have to pick the closest tower and play with settings to see of I can get it to work.

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
I would recommend watching the YouTube videos, search G5/G4 and there is several good videos to watch that are helpful to help you navigate the PPS programming software. I have built several code plugs for our county fire departments and yes it can take time to dig in and get everything in there when you add VHF Paging configurations and all the trunked stuff. Once you get the handle on it it is fairly easy to navigate and inside PPS they have an excellent help bar that follows you with each click. If you are programming for a department or several departments like I do customer support has been helpful early on to assist with that or another local radio vendor, which was the route I went with our local vendor we purchased the units from. To build a complete code plug it certainly can take a couple hours to get what you need in there.

N0WRE

I have watched the videos, been working on building codeplugs for the pager. Mine keeps blinking red and according to the quick start guide its a low battery but the battery meter shows full and it charges just fine. WyoLink works just fine and I will be back to Colorado over the weekend to see if my settings for DTRS are going to work after a few changes.

bkramm

Check in D8 under general settings.
LED setting, it is a reminder that the unit is on.
Can be turned off or set for the interval of blinking.

N0WRE

Got a phase II system in this one G5 now, will see how well it does. Anyone else monitor phase II systems? Let me know thoughts on this one if you have.

Thanks

radio3353

Got a phase II system in this one G5 now, will see how well it does. Anyone else monitor phase II systems? Let me know thoughts on this one if you have.

Phase II reception is superb on my G4 and G5. I have several Phase II systems programmed in both (as well as Phase I.)

Status
Not open for further replies.