Unitrunker Release 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Reaction score
116
Location
Virginia
Performance vs. convenience - signal decoding options:

* a. enabling / disabling EDACS / Motorola / MPT1327 / LTR had no effect - fixed.
* b. setting signal polarity (discriminator decoding only) had no effect - fixed.

The above are important for performance tuning. If you have a receiver dedicated to monitoring a specific site - turn off decoding of other protocols to save some processor cycles. Switching from Auto to normal or inverted polarity (as appropriate) will also cycles.

* Cursor navigation (arrow and tab keys) over the first/last seen timestamps is fixed.

* On System window, clicking dead area of tab bar causes toolbar items to disappear.

* Safe mass delete via remove buttons: clicking the "minus" toolbar item causes a confirmation pop-up to appear displaying the number of selected items (groups, users, channels, sites, systems, bands or receivers). Clicking "Yes" will remove the selected items (previously only the cursor row was removed).

* Missing band-plan restored: grid contents for this tab on the site window weren't populated. Previously no band-plan information was shown.

* LTR is now an option for discriminator audio decoding; beware the code to filter out voice from the low speed data is a work in progress. The LTR checksum is a relatively weak protection mechanism so LTR is prone to false decoding. Leave this option OFF unless you expect to play with LTR decoding.

* MPT1327 - the "Ignore Sync" option is now accessible on the main options panel. Turn this on only if you have an MPT1327 system that uses non-standard sync bits. This requires additional computation; leave this off if you don't monitor this type of MPT1327 system.

* AOR 5000 - previously the program assumed the 5K and AOR ONE use the same command set. The program uses a slightly different command set now for the 5K. You can of course select the AOR ONE command set if that worked for you.

http://www.unitrunker.com/
 

mostar

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Rick -
Thanks for the new release!

I almost hate to ask, but do you have any new thoughts on the 'lockout' issue discussed in this thread:

http://forums.radioreference.com/tr...290-unitrunker-channel-talkgroup-lockout.html

I installed v.14, and it is exhibiting the same behavior. I still can't help but wonder if it isn't something I'm doing wrong, since there doesn't seem to be a lot of other people asking about the same issue...

To recap:
I have listen enabled, and the threshold set at 50. For talkgroups I want to skip, I have both selected 'lockout', as well as set their individual threshold to 60.

Those talkgroups are still being pushed to the control radio.

Thanks as always, and if I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
 

Radioman96p71

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Jan 11, 2008
Messages
1,081
Reaction score
44
FEATURE REQUEST :D

Not the proper place for this, but another program TrunkMon, has the capability to show disabled radio ID's. Would that be possible to be added to the System or Site page as a new tab or something? Thanks!
 

FlashP

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Not working...

I skipped a few prior updates, and now this one won't read the BC396XT serial data. Com port (real RS232 / WinXP) is set up properly: HyperTerminal, Pro96com, and Tuner.exe all see the data, but Unitrunker acts like there's nothing there. In fact, I can start UT and then still open HyperTerm and watch the data stream - that doesn't seem right at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top