Universal Scanner Audio Player

b52hbuff

Yes, you can import uniden discovery logs via "Import" menu then "Uniden Discovery Log" and select folder which contain Uniden discovery audio files and special log files. In this mode Uniden scanners write all information in log files not in wav files.
Thanks for educating me on how this works. I tried it with some SDS100 discovery files and it appeared to work. I tried it with Discovery files from my HP-1 and it didn't seem to work. I have copied the files below.

Here is the system I was monitoring...
Lockheed Martin Trunking System, Milpitas, California - Scanner Frequencies (radioreference.com)

Please let me know if you also have difficulty reading these files.

deim

Universal Scanner Audio Player developer
Thanks for educating me on how this works. I tried it with some SDS100 discovery files and it appeared to work. I tried it with Discovery files from my HP-1 and it didn't seem to work. I have copied the files below.

Lockheed Martin Trunking System, Milpitas, California - Scanner Frequencies (radioreference.com)

HomePatrol discovery files not supported yet.

deim

Can you send me HP trunk discovery logs?

b52hbuff

Can you send me HP trunk discovery logs?
Apologies, I don't understand. The folder I shared a couple of messages back, 2021_08_03_Discovery has HP-1 Discovery files.

Did you have trouble reading them? Or do you want more?

deim

Apologies, I don't understand. The folder I shared a couple of messages back, 2021_08_03_Discovery has HP-1 Discovery files.

Did you have trouble reading them? Or do you want more?
Sorry, my mistake. I need Home Patrol Conventional Discovery logs to analyze them. Your current logs (summary.log file) begin with RunInfo_T word. This means it is a Trunk discovery log. Conventional logs begin with RunInfo_C word.

b52hbuff

Sorry, my mistake. I need Home Patrol Conventional Discovery logs to analyze them. Your current logs (summary.log file) begin with RunInfo_T word. This means it is a Trunk discovery log. Conventional logs begin with RunInfo_C word.
Excellent! We’re communicating 😎

I think it is so amazing thatwe are across the world from me. And we can communicate electronically to send gigs and gigs of data.

I’m a little busy today, but I’ll post a Conventional Discovery session as soon as I can.

b52hbuff

Apologies for the delay. Please find Conventional Discovery files from my HP-1.

Let me know if you have what you need, or if you need anything else.

deim

Hi there! Guys, can anyone send me Icom r8600 wav files with recorded p25 calls?
ps. Seems additional info saved separately for this device.

Last edited:

deim

Universal Scanner Audio player 3.0.6

Changes:
Added AOR 5700D files support.
Added AOR DV10 GSSI decoding.
Added ICOM R8700 files support.
Added Home Patrol discovery mode files via Import->HomePatrol Discovery Log
Added Unication wav/txt files via Import->Unication wav/txt

Fixed issue with 0.000 frequency for HomePatrol LTR systems.
Fixed Tgid name decoding for HomePatrol.

Enhanced some decoding algorithms.

Postponed NetId decoding*.
Postponed aditional info decoding for DSDplus wav/mp3 files.**

*Need more examples for analysis. BCD436/536 SDS100/200
** Request send to the DSD team. wait for answer.

b52hbuff

Universal Scanner Audio player 3.0.6

Changes:
Added AOR 5700D files support.
Added AOR DV10 GSSI decoding.
Added ICOM R8700 files support.
Added Home Patrol discovery mode files via Import->HomePatrol Discovery Log
Added Unication wav/txt files via Import->Unication wav/txt

Fixed issue with 0.000 frequency for HomePatrol LTR systems.
Fixed Tgid name decoding for HomePatrol.

Enhanced some decoding algorithms.

Postponed NetId decoding*.
Postponed aditional info decoding for DSDplus wav/mp3 files.**

*Need more examples for analysis. BCD436/536 SDS100/200
** Request send to the DSD team. wait for answer.

Thanks for adding the Home Patrol discovery mode. I'll test it out.

What else do you need for NetId decoding?

Is this decoding the NetId from a conventional digital (search) frequency? I have a situation where I'm recording a bunch of digital frequencies, and I run the radio in search mode to nail down color and NetID. Is this what we're talking about?

deim

Thanks for adding the Home Patrol discovery mode. I'll test it out.

What else do you need for NetId decoding?

Is this decoding the NetId from a conventional digital (search) frequency? I have a situation where I'm recording a bunch of digital frequencies, and I run the radio in search mode to nail down color and NetID. Is this what we're talking about?
Yes, about this.

Reconrider

Need files with NetId info. DMR tier 3
Let me see what I can find for systems around me. Have some that aren’t mapped but just can’t seem to find what tower they use. I’ll get back on this when I’m able to find the correct direction to travel closer to the system

mattmac553

Premium Subscriber
Great software it is very helpful. I do have a feature request, or if someone has an easy way to do this. I have may SDS200 plugged into ethernet and it is always recording. I access the recordings remotely from FTP then copy them to my desktop now. It eats up a lot of space my computer does not have. Would it be possible to keep the recording on the scanner, and still show them in the Universal Scanner Audio Player application? Or every couple hours or user set time interval for the program to pull any new files from the scanner over FTP and import them into the application? Thank you for the amazing application.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Can't you simply network map the SD card memory in the scanner as a drive letter?

How to Map a Network Drive on Windows 10 (howtogeek.com)

/Ubbe
The scanner will have to be in Mass Storage which means the scanner will not be in the normal operating state. mattmac553 has the right idea using the scanner FTP Read Only account. If the USAP had a built-in FTP client or mattmac553 created a script to move the files to the desktop, that would solve the problem.

on5fly

When trying to download from Mediafire,
I get.... "Dangerous File Blocked
The file you attempted to download was determined to be dangerous. For your protection, MediaFire does not enable distribution of dangerous files."
Any hints, suggestions?
Rgds, K