• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.
POSTING ABOUT WLN KD-UV1 SOFTWARE PROGRAM PROBLEMS RESULTING IN NO DATA READ OR WRITTEN
The software always show WRONG PASSWORD, WRONG MODEL, HANDSHAKE FAILED, even when the user has everything connected properly and radio is turned on at 100% volume when using the program and in a channel with no transmit or receive activity.

1.) Considering The user have no issues with their computer, programming cable, and the radio itself IT IS 1 DAY OLD BRAND NEW CONDITION NO PROGRAMMING PRIOR. The "factory" AND ONLY SOFTWARE AVAILABLE for WLN KD-UV1 IS FAILING TO READ OR WRITE ANY DATA TO THE RADIO.
2.) This Thread is URGENT, because The User would need to programming help as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance for any response or help.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Is it a windows 11 driver issue? I know when I owned that radio the CPS was very flaky.

Is it a windows 11 driver issue? I know when I owned that radio the CPS was very flaky.
Hello good day, i use windows 10 edition of computer, and I have installed "baofeng pl2303 hxd chip" drivers. I do not know exact reason why the only customer program software fail to do anything is the wln uv-1, have tried using other radio program, it works, just no able to in the kd-uv1.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
baofeng pl2303 hxd chip
Do you have a programming cable that uses a Prolific PL2303 chip? If not, loading that driver would have no guarantee of working with your cable.

You should figure out what cable you have and then you should load the driver that the cable manufacturer provides.

I have verified that I have downloaded the correct program cable the wln provide, but still the uv1 software show "PASSWORD WRONG, HANDSHAKE FAILED, WRONG MODEL."

I know when I owned that radio the CPS was very flaky.
I am a registered member of the fire service here in china, as our department issued us with wln kd-uv1 radio, we user have not succeeded programming a single one of the radio given to us. If your experience said "flaky" then do you suggest another radio model? If so, please suggest us so that we can file report about it. I am due to deployment tomorrow and I have yet to program this radio.