cg

Premium Subscriber
4101 is the Windham Regional Transit Bus group
20424 would be a Norwich group, perhaps related to the upcoming FD move. They have been testing for a couple months

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Lot of testing goin on the past 3 days on the troop E site using CLMRN Testgroup5. Just heard them doing radio tests up 395 from 95 to Norwich and 2A. Also found a couple new TGIDs 20424 and 4101 both semi active on troop E site but have not been able to determine who they are. 4101 could be a public transit like seat but can’t pin point it and jury is still out on what 20424 could be.

That likely would be me ... testing for the Fire Service in Montville. Listen in tomorrow for more excitement along Route 32. You missed today's fun along Rt 82, Rt 163 and Leffingwell Road. I have been testing the radios all around Montville and the surrounding immediate areas since Monday.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
That likely would be me ... testing for the Fire Service in Montville. Listen in tomorrow for more excitement along Route 32. You missed today's fun along Rt 82, Rt 163 and Leffingwell Road. I have been testing the radios all around Montville and the surrounding immediate areas since Monday.
Sounds good any Info on that mystery 20424 TG? Also on another note found another new one that has been popping up the past couple days mainly on site 30 that’s 16104 it sounds like a fire TG judging by the traffic and I’m assuming it’s Haddam due to it being so close to Haddams other TGs?

ecps92

Similar monitoring occurred a couple of years (Jan 2021) ago with the Mass (both Analog and P25) State trunk -
we had both NYPD and EMS traffic, VT SP patched and the best for the ole firebuffs was FDNY being heard

Best guess is one of the radio techs - was playing around
Did anyone else happen to catch the NYPD SOD 470.8375 freq being patched on G Simulcast TG 31903 for the past couple of days? It is off now. Wonder what that was all about.

APX7500X2

Caught TG-9051 & 9052 (On the troop I system) yesterday, after a little listening it is Valley EMS 1&2, according to what I found online they Provide Medics for Ansonia. Derby, Seymour, Shelton, Oxford & Monroe
Still (poorly) patched to their UHF channel but it sounded like all the ones I caught yesterday were on the CLMRN, not the UHF

Reconrider

Caught TG-9051 & 9052 (On the troop I system) yesterday, after a little listening it is Valley EMS 1&2, according to what I found online they Provide Medics for Ansonia. Derby, Seymour, Shelton, Oxford & Monroe
Still (poorly) patched to their UHF channel but it sounded like all the ones I caught yesterday were on the CLMRN, not the UHF
Oh good it's confirmed. I heard them dispatch to derby but the audio was so horrible that I deleted the 2 clips I had.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
FYI Shelton went to their own medics but all the other towns are correct.
Sounds good on my G5
I only have seen 9051 on Unitrunker so far and 99% on the troop I system, I got 2 joins on the G system but no voice
To add to new TG TG 22001 is carring Roxbury Fire/Ems. Im not sure if its a perment thing or a test but its something else to listen to It only coming up on the A system right now

Last edited:

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Couple new TGs this morning heard on troop E site in the Groton area, heard both 15956 which seems to be Groton but couldn’t make out who it was and 23721which seems to be Stonington but again couldn’t figure out who or what they were doin.

AF1UD

Premium Subscriber
Is there any chance that as more and more groups and agencies sign up that it could over load the current infrastructure?

Are they planning additional repeater towers?

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I was told there putting a repeater tower on top of L& M Hospital in New London.

They are likely putting up hardware to enhance coverage within L&M Hospital. The CLMRN system has dead spots in basements and subfloors, as I am learning testing the system across 70 locations within Montville. Coverage is overall fantastic, but many basements and subfloors are turning out to be dead spots, as are elevators.

cg

Premium Subscriber
There is capacity for 22 simultaneous conversations on E Simulcast, plenty of capacity there. Several other areas will get more capacity and that is being addressed by the CTS folks.
Towns that want better portable coverage will likely have to pay for the infrastructure themselves much as Bloomfield and Groton have done. If it is mobile coverage that is problematic, the state will look and may do work to improve it.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
There is capacity for 22 simultaneous conversations on E Simulcast, plenty of capacity there. Several other areas will get more capacity and that is being addressed by the CTS folks.
Towns that want better portable coverage will likely have to pay for the infrastructure themselves much as Bloomfield and Groton have done. If it is mobile coverage that is problematic, the state will look and may do work to improve it.

Bloomfield’s coverage is so good I hear it full time on troop E site in Waterford hahaha 😆