BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
This morning while monitoring the Troop E site on an all call scan I received what I believe to be a QV ops channel or what could be a Plainfield fire or ems channel (TG of 20903). I can confirm it was QV calling a medic and ambulance just don’t know if it’s a Plainfield TG or QV. The only thing that leads me to believe Plainfield is because the TGID is so close to Plainfield PD (20911) just wanted to give a heads up and see if we can pin point it so I will know what to save it as. Thanks

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info so I’m guessing it’s just a link between Plainfield departments and QV. I have it labeled in my scanner as QV Plainfield so I’ll prob just leave it as that.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info so I’m guessing it’s just a link between Plainfield departments and QV. I have it labeled in my scanner as QV Plainfield so I’ll prob just leave it as that.
Your Welcome. I am interested to see how this system evolves. The chief of the Plainfield Department is the Manager of QV so I am wondering if this may be a test of some sort.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
I am down in the Waterford Groton area and quite a few PDs in the area use it. sounds like it’s working well after a few wrinkles were worked out.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Only going to have more users. I just saw that Groton FDs are going to be on it in the near future along with other town groups.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
It will be nice to hear both sides of the radio traffic once it’s in service haha now most of the time all I hear is the GFA side due to distance.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Groton got a very large federal grant for radios in September.

“This grant will enable all of our Groton area fire departments to shift to the Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network, dramatically improving our emergency radio communications,” said Chief Arnie Lotring of the Groton Long Point Volunteer Fire Company. “The shift to the new system will ensure resilient, reliable and secure emergency communications well into the future.”

Reconrider

Site: Troop G Simulcast

Just wondering what Talkgroups are on this Simulcast Towers

Thanks

PD47JD

Premium Subscriber
They already have the "E" option. They just use it on a limited basis.

Radios being replaced one-by-one all this week. Our tax dollars at work...
You've got that right. Having been on the "job" (Connecticut) as in having been there and done that, it's the latest new toy for the boys.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
I was running Unitrunker and noticed for the Troop G System they have new Peers
91FE8-26E Metro-25/MTA MRRS NY
Zone 21- Nassau
Zone 51-Putnam
Zone 81-Westchester

cg

Premium Subscriber
Zone 141 (Dutchess) has been a L neighbor for a while.
I would guess A does as well but I don't get down that way very often.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Lot of testing goin on the past 3 days on the troop E site using CLMRN Testgroup5. Just heard them doing radio tests up 395 from 95 to Norwich and 2A. Also found a couple new TGIDs 20424 and 4101 both semi active on troop E site but have not been able to determine who they are. 4101 could be a public transit like seat but can’t pin point it and jury is still out on what 20424 could be.