12 hour test AOR AR DV10

bagmouse7

Premium Subscriber
AOR has put itself into a real catch-22 here....
If they come out and say: "The new DV10s have fixed the frequency stability issue"
Then they are ADMITTING, that the "old" DV10s have a real frequency stability issue.

To admit an issue exists will case "shame"...
I do not expect any public statement from AOR.
It is a sad situation..

G7HID

Has anybody tested older unit with recent firmware using the same procedure as above? It is hard to guess if there was HW upgrade or not without refering to reliable results as a baseline.
A number of older DV-10 users tried the newer firmware and we had various results and when you weed out the obvious misunderstandings of what were problems or not in the first place, it was apparent the recent firmware in an older DV-10 did nothing to improve the drift.
A couple of people researched the recent firmware to see what had been changed, all that looks to have been changed is the firmware has been password protected and also by using the command BD sent to the DV-10 and the answer received, the firmware reacts differently between older and newer production receivers..

Mike

grosminet

So I can write to AOR FRANCE where I am blacklisted to exchange my old DV10 to a new one -- joke

G7HID

You have any details on the hardware changes?
AOR hint about hardware changes here;

AR-DV10 FIRMWARE UPDATE v2205A RELEASE NOTES
(c)2022 AOR, LTD. Sep. 07, 2022

Feature improvements:
-Optimized power consumption for newer board revisions. (Revisions are required whenever discontinued components are replaced; no change in official receiver specifications.) This firmware supports all boards versions made until now.

Bug fixes:
-Fixed shortcut keys registration in the system.csv backup file.
-Fixed erratic behaviour of OFFSET settings page.
-Optional COSPAS only: Fixed incorrect HEX format detection in the log page.

Mike

palmerjrusa

AOR hint about hardware changes here;

AR-DV10 FIRMWARE UPDATE v2205A RELEASE NOTES
(c)2022 AOR, LTD. Sep. 07, 2022

Feature improvements:
-Optimized power consumption for newer board revisions. (Revisions are required whenever discontinued components are replaced; no change in official receiver specifications.) This firmware supports all boards versions made until now.

Bug fixes:
-Fixed shortcut keys registration in the system.csv backup file.
-Fixed erratic behaviour of OFFSET settings page.
-Optional COSPAS only: Fixed incorrect HEX format detection in the log page.

Mike

Thanks!

AOR should improve the DV10's P25 decoding, it's mediocre.

Australia4001

Premium Subscriber
More evidence here of new revision from the European distributor
Anyone know more about it ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221009_190817_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221009_190817_Chrome.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 61

Australia4001

Premium Subscriber
"AOR did not mention any changes yet.

We expect that info after production is ready

Best regards,
Piet Evers
AVERA-DISTRIBUTING"

sooon ??

Cetheolia

Thank's Josef..

Mike
Hello ! Why this question please. Is there serial with problem ?
Thanks

Sadly even my old R20 and Alinco DJ X11 out class this DV10. If not for it's NXDN decoding ability It would go back in the box. Let's all hope that AOR is actually working to update and address all the old problems as well as the new ones. I've sent in "bug reports" to AOR but no reply.
As a funny foot note, they fixed the drift issue but at what expense!
Hello !

you say "At what expense" ! But Has this problem solving created another problem? Thnaks !

I'm about to click to buy one but this lag was my fear. I would like to know if the resolution of this problem is real or just a bad filter tinker!
Thank's at all !

palmerjrusa

I'm about to click to buy one but this lag was my fear. I would like to know if the resolution of this problem is real or just a bad filter tinker!
Thank's at all !

If you really, and I mean really, have to have one handheld receiver that decodes all the digital formats, then the ARDV10 is your only choice.

But be warned, there are serious shortcomings with this receiver that are well documented.

Andi_pas

Hello,

I intend to buy an DV-10, especially for digital modes like DMR, dPMR, Tetra (unencrypted) etc. According to the tests of Josef, the new produced devices should have an improved frequency stability.

Nevertheless, I want to asked some further questions:

- how long is the usual working time with the internal accu,
- it is possible to adjust the German digital Freenet frequencies, like 149,021 875?
- are there still further huge bugs or reasons not to buy this RX?

Thanks for your comments

Andreas

G7HID

Hello,

I intend to buy an DV-10, especially for digital modes like DMR, dPMR, Tetra (unencrypted) etc. According to the tests of Josef, the new produced devices should have an improved frequency stability.

Nevertheless, I want to asked some further questions:

- how long is the usual working time with the internal accu,
- it is possible to adjust the German digital Freenet frequencies, like 149,021 875?
- are there still further huge bugs or reasons not to buy this RX?
@ 6 hours
Yes
AOR are not the most customer focused company..

Mike

Boas

Hallo Andreas,

- how long is the usual working time with the internal accu? Maximum five hours
- it is possible to adjust the German digital Freenet frequencies, like 149,021 875? Yes
- are there still further huge bugs or reasons not to buy this RX? The battery life should be better and there is no bluetooth for a headphone

73 Josef

Andi_pas

Hallo Andreas,

- it is possible to adjust the German digital Freenet frequencies, like 149,021 875? Yes
- are there still further huge bugs or reasons not to buy this RX? The battery life should be better and there is no bluetooth for a headphone

73 Josef
Hallo Josef,

Kann man dich irgendwie direkt kontaktieren, da ich gerne noch weitere Detailfragen habe?

Andreas

palmerjrusa

Hallo Andreas,

73 Josef

Own a DV-10.

For a $1000-plus receiver it lacks some very basic functions.
1. No GPS
2. No dual receive
3. No talk group ID on DMR
4. Very primitive recording feature (no frequency logging, mode etc) that's similar to Icom's IC-R20, a radio that was released around 20 years ago.
5. P25 decoding is mediocre, at best. Sometimes it's just plain horrible.
6. Screen is large and bright (and drains power like the dickens) with no dimmer option and very poor use of the "real estate", most everything is packed into the top half with the bottom half mostly empty of information.

The menu pages are full of blank lines as if AOR intended to include other features but in the end just didn't bother.

The DV-10 build quality is top notch though, very rugged commercial-level construction.

This could have a been a really great wideband, all-mode digital radio but alas.
The IC-R30 knocks the DV-10 out the park in all respects, just lacks some digital modes.

Andi_pas

Unfortunately, the R30 is not an alternative, because it is not further available. In addition, DMR, C4FM, Tetra (unercrypted) are missing.
Therefore, it is very interesting for me to gain practical experience with the suitability for decoding of
- dPMR
- DMR
- C4FM
- NXDN
- Tetra (unencrypted)

Is the DV-10 suitable to decode in good quality above mentioned modulations? These demand is mandatory for me.

The lack in operation time with build-in batterie could be extended by an external 3s LiIon accu, this should be possible.
The sensitive of the DV-10 should be less than the R-30, soneone noted intemodulations. But he spoke about external Antenna without notification, if there was an LNA installed. Are intermodulations with delivered or external passive antennas really a problem?
Maybe, I could get some of your practice experiences??

Last edited:

palmerjrusa

Unfortunately, the R30 is not an alternative, because it is not further available. In addition, DMR, C4FM, Tetra (unercrypted) are missing.
Therefore, it is very interesting for me to gain practical experience with the suitability for decoding of
- dPMR
- DMR
- C4FM
- NXDN
- Tetra (unencrypted)

Is the DV-10 suitable to decode in good quality above mentioned modulations? These demand is mandatory for me.

The lack in operation time with build-in batterie could be extended by an external 3s LiIon accu, this should be possible.
The sensitive of the DV-10 should be less than the R-30, soneone noted intemodulations. But he spoke about external Antenna without notification, if there was an LNA installed. Are intermodulations with delivered or external passive antennas really a problem?
Maybe, I could get some of your practice experiences??

Will update you tomorrow on some more of the DV-10's little idiosyncracies...

Last edited: