American Electric Power (AEP) P25 WACN 92715

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I don't think 4.4 is Hosston
- one reason is because one of the freqs is not on the license
- the second is a new FCC app removing the other three freqs from the hosston license that were advertised on 4.4
- so 4.4 really doesn't have any freqs on it that would make sense for Hosston

Here is the app to remove freq from Hosston:

I think 4.4 is going to be Bethany TX. All the freqs on the Bethany license (after removal of freqs from pending app) are on the Bethany license

I think 5.5 is going to be Hostton TX. All the freqs left on the Hosston license (after removal of freqs from pending app) are on the Hostton license

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
I don't think 4.4 is Hosston
- one reason is because one of the freqs is not on the license
- the second is a new FCC app removing the other three freqs from the hosston license that were advertised on 4.4
- so 4.4 really doesn't have any freqs on it that would make sense for Hosston

Here is the app to remove freq from Hosston:

I think 4.4 is going to be Bethany TX. All the freqs on the Bethany license (after removal of freqs from pending app) are on the Bethany license

I think 5.5 is going to be Hostton TX. All the freqs left on the Hosston license (after removal of freqs from pending app) are on the Hostton license

I use an SDS100 with each callsign to give me a little headstart of where to look first. I have not updated it per the most recent updates so I was getting too many signals (assuming the removals are legit which they probably are). From the east, it was 5.5 that slowly came into "view". Hosston is further west in the same direction. Therefore all this makes sense. If you want to make the db as you suggested, I agree with it. I bet another update will be made before Plain Dealing comes online. In the meantime I'll make it out to Hosston just to say I did, even tho AEP is much easier than Entergy.

The note on 4.4 was just to remind me about it possibly being a certain site. However after running around with Entergy for a month, I will leave these blank from now on unless confirmed. Too much confusion.

Thanks for the brain power.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I use an SDS100 with each callsign to give me a little headstart of where to look first. I have not updated it per the most recent updates so I was getting too many signals (assuming the removals are legit which they probably are). From the east, it was 5.5 that slowly came into "view". Hosston is further west in the same direction. Therefore all this makes sense. If you want to make the db as you suggested, I agree with it. I bet another update will be made before Plain Dealing comes online. In the meantime I'll make it out to Hosston just to say I did, even tho AEP is much easier than Entergy.

The note on 4.4 was just to remind me about it possibly being a certain site. However after running around with Entergy for a month, I will leave these blank from now on unless confirmed. Too much confusion.

Thanks for the brain power.

IT is confusing. And I had originally thought Hostton was going to be 4.4. But with the advent of a slew (dozens) of license modifications very recently for AEP down in TX/AR/LA, things are starting to make sense because they are filing applications to remove some freqs from many licenses.

Mike

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
IT is confusing. And I had originally thought Hostton was going to be 4.4. But with the advent of a slew (dozens) of license modifications very recently for AEP down in TX/AR/LA, things are starting to make sense because they are filing applications to remove some freqs from many licenses.

Mike

At least the licenses actually get modified. Cough Entergy Cough

I'm over in NWLA again. Still nothing from Plain Dealing. Mooringsport still FDMA CC. Everything else that I can hear is still current and matches. Not close enough to verify Hosston but I am getting faint static on that CC for 5.5

Just thought of something. The current license for Plain Dealing includes 855.6875. Which is the CC for Bellevue and loud & clear all the way up US371. I bet you Plain Dealing gets a modification to remove that frequency before they go online. That will be my cue to start really searching for the site.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
What we really need now is a new sleuther in the East Texas / Texarkana area for sleuthing. That's basically going to be where many of the "unsure" sites are at. And also up into AR.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
At least the licenses actually get modified. Cough Entergy Cough

I'm over in NWLA again. Still nothing from Plain Dealing. Mooringsport still FDMA CC. Everything else that I can hear is still current and matches. Not close enough to verify Hosston but I am getting faint static on that CC for 5.5

Just thought of something. The current license for Plain Dealing includes 855.6875. Which is the CC for Bellevue and loud & clear all the way up US371. I bet you Plain Dealing gets a modification to remove that frequency before they go online. That will be my cue to start really searching for the site.

I would anticipate Bellevue's channel lineup to change. 856.1375 isn't on th Bellevue license (but is on an unused Shreveport liccense). They probably initially used 856.1375 as a freq because there were not many options on the Bellevlue license that wouldn't experience interference issues. But they added to 861 mhz freqs to the Bellevue license.

In the past week there were dozens of apps to update sites (some with additional freqs, most removing freqs) and to delete many of the old sites (at least 8).

Mike

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
I would anticipate Bellevue's channel lineup to change. 856.1375 isn't on th Bellevue license (but is on an unused Shreveport liccense). They probably initially used 856.1375 as a freq because there were not many options on the Bellevlue license that wouldn't experience interference issues. But they added to 861 mhz freqs to the Bellevue license.

In the past week there were dozens of apps to update sites (some with additional freqs, most removing freqs) and to delete many of the old sites (at least 8).

Mike

855.6875 is the prime CC for Bellevue (or was the other day). It's on both licenses.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I also changed the name of Karnes City to Fashing. That is where the tower is located, Karnes City is actually almost 20 miles to the east. The license is weird in that the address of 2884 FM 2790 is actually in Lytle TX 40 miles west of the transmitter, and the city says Karnes City, yet when you click location 2 in the ULS it actually says Fashing TS like in mtindor's site research on extended buildouts. Karnes City proper is well covered by Kenedy's transmitter; for those not familiar, they are sister cities along US 181.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I also changed the name of Karnes City to Fashing. That is where the tower is located, Karnes City is actually almost 20 miles to the east. The license is weird in that the address of 2884 FM 2790 is actually in Lytle TX 40 miles west of the transmitter, and the city says Karnes City, yet when you click location 2 in the ULS it actually says Fashing TS like in mtindor's site research on extended buildouts. Karnes City proper is well covered by Kenedy's transmitter; for those not familiar, they are sister cities along US 181.

Probably a better name for it anyway since if you delve into the FCC records to the exact site, AEP calls it Fashing TS. I never heard of Fashing, but then again I've never been south of Ohio and haven't heard of most places lol.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Probably a better name for it anyway since if you delve into the FCC records to the exact site, AEP calls it Fashing TS. I never heard of Fashing, but then again I've never been south of Ohio and haven't heard of most places lol.
I used to work several wells in the Fashing area back in 2014-2015. Marathon Oil and Matador Resources had quite a bit along FM 99. Fashing is just a small T intersection and several farm houses, but has a nasty sweeping curve that took a lot of trucks out over the years. Not on topic per say, but since you mentioned it:cool:

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
a few things from me...

I am back in .... McAlester, OK. It's still daytime, but I can hear Sites 19, 28 and 49.

These three are 100% TDMA control channels (will submit that in a minute)

Also of note. Site 19 (Buffalo Mountain) is reporting 2 new sites as Neighbors that are not in the Database -- Unfortunately I can't copy them - but I'll check tonight to see if the band opens a bit.

New Sites (unknown exact location)

1F9 Site 54 857.2875 Possibly Blanchard, OK WPCM976
1F9 Site 86 856.8625 Possibly Antlers, OK WQBP320

Also of note, I saw several keyups (no audio) on TG 8208 on Site 19. I am also seeing a bunch of Rejected registrations from RIDs 1283481 and 1283482 on TG 32.

1639429365047.png

nd5y

Site 54 is not Blanchard. Unless it changed recently 857.2875 is a high speed data channel there and did not appear to be used by the P25 system.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
a few things from me...

I am back in .... McAlester, OK. It's still daytime, but I can hear Sites 19, 28 and 49.

These three are 100% TDMA control channels (will submit that in a minute)

Also of note. Site 19 (Buffalo Mountain) is reporting 2 new sites as Neighbors that are not in the Database -- Unfortunately I can't copy them - but I'll check tonight to see if the band opens a bit.

New Sites (unknown exact location)

1F9 Site 54 857.2875 Possibly Blanchard, OK WPCM976
1F9 Site 86 856.8625 Possibly Antlers, OK WQBP320

Also of note, I saw several keyups (no audio) on TG 8208 on Site 19. I am also seeing a bunch of Rejected registrations from RIDs 1283481 and 1283482 on TG 32.

View attachment 113579

Thanks. Nice job. Blanchard and Antlers are non-starters -- already in the DB confirmed.

54.54 (857.2875) is likely Hartford AR or Pullman AR
86.86 (856.8625) is likely Waldron AR or Mena AR

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Okay, I'm here in Shreveport now. Got a lot of stuff for Oncor and AEP on my way. Two new sites confirmed, 1F9-65.65 is Center, TX and 1F9-81.81 is Longstreet, LA. I added both to the database and changed 1F9 to "Oklahoma/Ark-La-Tex" since Texas has been added to yet another zone. We're kind of a big deal.

Anyhow, my 1F9 data file is attached with what I have so far. I agree that 4.4 must be Bethany, which is a state line city, because it is a neighbor to nearby Center. I'll try and get close enough to grab it over the next week. I doubt I'll be able to travel as far as Hosston, but I may be able to get close enough to confirm it.

Attachments

• 92715.1F9.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 6