BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a picture of their display before and after the LED Repair?

Or at least a picture afterward the repair/replacement?

mule1075

Feed Provider
Does anyone have a picture of their display before and after the LED Repair?

Or at least a picture afterward the repair/replacement?
New display top old display bottom. Going to send the bottom one in end of this week.
6eb0e2285e3922af552da5a0efa2dd10.jpg

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Oops... I should have said on a 436 unit.

Sorry. But thanks for the 536 pic ! :.)

That's a very pronounced difference in brightness.

I assume the difference would be about the same with the 436.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Oops... I should have said on a 436 unit.

Sorry. But thanks for the 536 pic ! :.)

That's a very pronounced difference in brightness.

I assume the difference would be about the same with the 436.

Check posts 401, 417, 571, 893 in this thread.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
The 436's will look the same.

Thanks for the info.

Some people had said their display was brighter, but complained that it had a yellowish hue that they didn't like.

But the pics of the 536 look to me to be white-ish like they were before. Just brighter.

I read they just replace the entire board now and it includes the LED's, Clock battery fix and has the Missing C1 diode in place.

The clock problem didn't bother me too much, but the display IS pretty dim even at the brightest setting.

May as well get it done before they stop fixing it for free.

A Brand new SDS100 is going to be my new primary scanner anyway, the 436 will be my backup. :.)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Cameras have a very poor ability to catch color cast in LCD displays. Plus video monitors aren't usually color calibrated. So, what you see in an online photo is not necessarily what you get (or what anyone else is seeing).

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Paul.

I agree. There are many variables, even the monitor I am looking at may not be displaying what it looks like in person.

I'm not extremely concerned about the "Hue" of the display, but I do hope it's brighter.

Regards.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
Received my 436 back from Uniden last night. Everything works fine, only one issue. When I first turn on the scanner the screen shows "Adjust Error" for about 1 second. Then continues booting and all is well. Did a quick search and didn't come up with anything. Any ideas? Ever happen to anyone else?

Thanks,

The exact same issue happened to me with my 436. However, Uniden refuses to fix it for free unless I send 79.99 Plus 10.00 shipping since it is beyond the 90 day warranty. Very frustrating that they won’t fix an issue that is clearly their fault.

AtlasFBG2

The exact same issue happened to me with my 436. However, Uniden refuses to fix it for free unless I send 79.99 Plus 10.00 shipping since it is beyond the 90 day warranty. Very frustrating that they won’t fix an issue that is clearly their fault.

Why did you wait more than 90 days to get it fixed?

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada

Mine did the same thing.. Uniden standard response was "jjust send it back and we'll fix it" I am in Canada so a week for UPS to get it to Texas.. 3 weeks to repair it then they ship it to their agent in Ontario who reship it to me.. so all in all I was without my radio for almost 6 weeks. Then I still had to wait another 3 weeks for them to refund my shipping costs.. now it is going back to fix that Adjust Error. .I hope they actually fix it and TEST in this time BEFORE they send it back to me. And I will be without my 436 again for another 4-6 weeks.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Now that I read these recent posts about you all getting an "Adjust Error" I am worried.

I just sent my 436 to Uniden for the repair ood hope I don't have the same problem.

I can't believe they wouldn't test the units before they return them, but it sounds like that is what has happened.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Now that I read these recent posts about you all getting an "Adjust Error" I am worried.

I just sent my 436 to Uniden for the repair ood hope I don't have the same problem.

I can't believe they wouldn't test the units before they return them, but it sounds like that is what has happened.
While I had sent my 436HP in quite some time ago, I had zero issues when I got it back. It's still working with no problems.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
While I had sent my 436HP in quite some time ago, I had zero issues when I got it back. It's still working with no problems.

The "Auto Adjust" error that people are experiencing seem to be a recent problem.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The "Auto Adjust" error that people are experiencing seem to be a recent problem.
I suspect you are correct.

Since the repair on the 436HP requires the replacement of the main system board, the problem may be resulting from that.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
Pratzert. ..
This problem with scanners coming back from the Clock Recall with the "Adjust Error" started back in August 2017 and Uniden was aware of this problem as of late September. . They were supposed to checking for this problem BEFORE shipping us back our radios.. they are obviously NOT checking them like they said they were supposed to. All they say after we complain is..."just send it back"

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Pratzert. ..
This problem with scanners coming back from the Clock Recall with the "Adjust Error" started back in August 2017 and Uniden was aware of this problem as of late September. . They were supposed to checking for this problem BEFORE shipping us back our radios.. they are obviously NOT checking them like they said they were supposed to. All they say after we complain is..."just send it back"

That's not very encouraging. It seems such a simple and quick thing to do to just check for this problem before they send it back.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
According to UPS Tracking, my 436 was delivered to Uniden today.

Here's hoping for a quick turn-around and perfect repair !

Status
Not open for further replies.