darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I reprogrammed my 396 handheld today using FREESCAN with no issues. Picking up Troops A, I, G, F, K and E. Only Troop H is still missing. My HP1 is also doing okay.

Any chance you have a copy of the list that you use that I can compare to mine to see what I am doing wrong?

leadjammer

Darkness, I'm so sorry I didn't save the list but its just the complete CSERN list from the RR website. I have a 396. You have a 325 I think. but I don't think there should be any difference. I did nothing fancy. I just imported the list from RR and uploaded it to the scanner. Are you getting error messages? Is the database is successfully loading into the scanner? I don't understand why you are getting no reception at all. Are you picking up anything else in the CSERN package like DEEP, Judicial Marshalls or CT Transit? I don't know where you live. I'm in Hamden and with the exception of losing Troop H, the reception is about the same as before on all three of my scanners. I was a little worried as I hadn't used FREESCAN in a long time but it turned out okay. I'm surprised somebody out there that knows a lot more than I do can't help you find the answer.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
My SDS 100 is ripping, Im getting great reception/performance. Filter at normal, only CC troop H simulcast.
I am in the Northern part of the Enfield/Suffield area and have programmed in the CC as conventional for Troop H for testing and get a very weak signal that i watch drop out frequently. If I drive closer to Windsor Locks I have no problem picking it up on my 436hp.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Darkness, I'm so sorry I didn't save the list but its just the complete CSERN list from the RR website. I have a 396. You have a 325 I think. but I don't think there should be any difference. I did nothing fancy. I just imported the list from RR and uploaded it to the scanner. Are you getting error messages? Is the database is successfully loading into the scanner? I don't understand why you are getting no reception at all. Are you picking up anything else in the CSERN package like DEEP, Judicial Marshalls or CT Transit? I don't know where you live. I'm in Hamden and with the exception of losing Troop H, the reception is about the same as before on all three of my scanners. I was a little worried as I hadn't used FREESCAN in a long time but it turned out okay. I'm surprised somebody out there that knows a lot more than I do can't help you find the answer.

I am not far from Troop A's location. Troop H is one of the ones I get fairly frequently on my SDS100. The SDS picks up all the troops on the new CSERN.

I did the same thing as you. I just used FreeSCAN to import the RR Database to my 325P2.. I know the CSERN frequencies are there because a whole group of "TROOPWHATEVERSIMULCAST appeared that were not there before. All the troops are listed, H I B A L etc. But the BCD325P2 is silent (except traditional analog I mean). The Home Patrol II I have is also silent. Both of those scanners are supposed to pick up P25.

My SDS100 is the only scanner that currently picks up CSERN from home. I have not tried taking the BCD325P2 out yet since the update.

What I can tell you is that the full database does not seem to work on my SDS100 either. The only reason I am getting anything on it from home is because someone configured a FL that I was able to load up on it that has control channels etc.

What does not make sense is why the full database version does not work , even on my SDS100. It is supposed to be the same frequencies.

But my HPII with the custom FL I just mentioned is also not working from home ( I have not tried taking it out either).

I am honestly at a loss with all this and it is beyond frustrating to say the least.

For reference, my BCD325P2 has a Comet W100RX antenna, so it's not like I am trying to pick up signals with a rubber duck inside of a metal plane hanger ...
I am renting so I can't mount a roof antenna.

:confused:

leadjammer

I am not far from Troop A's location. Troop H is one of the ones I get fairly frequently on my SDS100. The SDS picks up all the troops on the new CSERN.

I did the same thing as you. I just used FreeSCAN to import the RR Database to my 325P2.. I know the CSERN frequencies are there because a whole group of "TROOPWHATEVERSIMULCAST appeared that were not there before. All the troops are listed, H I B A L etc. But the BCD325P2 is silent (except traditional analog I mean). The Home Patrol II I have is also silent. Both of those scanners are supposed to pick up P25.

My SDS100 is the only scanner that currently picks up CSERN from home. I have not tried taking the BCD325P2 out yet since the update.

What I can tell you is that the full database does not seem to work on my SDS100 either. The only reason I am getting anything on it from home is because someone configured a FL that I was able to load up on it that has control channels etc.

What does not make sense is why the full database version does not work , even on my SDS100. It is supposed to be the same frequencies.

But my HPII with the custom FL I just mentioned is also not working from home ( I have not tried taking it out either).

I am honestly at a loss with all this and it is beyond frustrating to say the least.

For reference, my BCD325P2 has a Comet W100RX antenna, so it's not like I am trying to pick up signals with a rubber duck inside of a metal plane hanger ...
I am renting so I can't mount a roof antenna.

Don't understand it either. Lots of money invested in top of the line equipment and no reception. It makes no sense. Didn't you return your first SDS100 with similar issues? I wish I had an answer but to get nothing at all almost seems like you are in a dead zone of some sort. Did you pick up the CSP before the conversion to the new system? I'm as confused as you are.

LouieCT

Premium Subscriber
My SDS 100 is ripping, Im getting great reception/performance. Filter at normal, only CC troop H simulcast.

My SDS is doing good also, but after some tweaks and cleaning up my favorites, I got my 436HP running well now as well. All traffic I want to hear within 30 miles of me coming in loud and clear in western CT

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Don't understand it either. Lots of money invested in top of the line equipment and no reception. It makes no sense. Didn't you return your first SDS100 with similar issues? I wish I had an answer but to get nothing at all almost seems like you are in a dead zone of some sort. Did you pick up the CSP before the conversion to the new system? I'm as confused as you are.

My first sds had issues not related to this. And yes I did pick up the CSP on all my scanners before the conversion to CSERN.

My SDS is doing good also, but after some tweaks and cleaning up my favorites, I got my 436HP running well now as well. All traffic I want to hear within 30 miles of me coming in loud and clear in western CT

CSP?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber

My current SDS100 has had an issue twice where it glitched and stopped receiving anything. So far a reboot has fixed that. But it is (hopefully) just related to the software defined nature of it and will not get worse ...

But that would not explain why I get CSP on that, but not on the 325P2 and other scanners that are P25.

There is definitely something weird with the way this new system is configured.

APX7500X2

I have a 325P2, 536, TRX-2 & 996P2 all working great on the CLMRN system, I never use the database as its wrong a lot or someone puts a law enforcement TG under public works. LMAO
I have been running unitrunker for a few weeks and can tell the troop H guy that I see denials on the Troop G, Troop I & Troop L systems for troop H all the time so it looks like right now they cant roam to those systems, and at west rock it used to look like there was a full Troop G, Troop F and Troop I system there but now it shows up as just a Troop I system, but as we know nothing is complete yet and they and change things any time

mkt853

I wonder if the new system has better or worse coverage with seemingly less sites, lower power, directional antennas, etc. Was the old system just stupidly overpowered?

matt04

Premium Subscriber
My current SDS100 has had an issue twice where it glitched and stopped receiving anything. So far a reboot has fixed that. But it is (hopefully) just related to the software defined nature of it and will not get worse ...

But that would not explain why I get CSP on that, but not on the 325P2 and other scanners that are P25.

There is definitely something weird with the way this new system is configured.

The CLMRN system uses Linear Simulcast Modulation along with what I suspect is a lower ERP and more directional antennas to better cover only the troops they serve. The SDS100 is designed to receive the LSM signal, the other ones are not and won’t work as well, particularly if they receive lower power signals from multiple sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APX7500X2

You have to remember the CLMRN system is still being built out, it still has some channels to be added and re-arranged, And its working just fine for the people that have to use it where they need to use it, as much as we would like, Its not built for scanner land

gofasters4

Since the system seems to be officially named the CLMRN (Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network), perhaps the DB and Wiki could be edited to reflect this?
Interesting that the CSP dispatch console ID's do not (yet) conform to the state's recommended convention.

mkt853

Since the system seems to be officially named the CLMRN (Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network), perhaps the DB and Wiki could be edited to reflect this?
Interesting that the CSP dispatch console ID's do not (yet) conform to the state's recommended convention.
I've seen those same console radio IDs in the 65xxx range on other P25 systems' dispatch consoles as well. Maybe it's a brand default or has some special meaning?

gofasters4

I'm guessing that the console ID's have not been changed in order to maintain interoperability with legacy system(s). Subscriber ID's on the Smartzone system are 16 bits max (65535) instead of 24 bits on the new system.