PhillyPhoto

its not showing any talk groups being decoded. I think i have 2 problems, I think only the FASTLANE app has the TDMA decoder and I think the RTL dongle i am using is out of calibration. I was going to play with it more today.
I think you're right about TDMA on Fastlane from what I remember. It's why I got the lifetime version. The latest version (2.256) is really cool as it shows you the recently active talkgroups and the radios as well.

If you can, I would highly recommend picking up this dongle as well. I have a few and never have to worry about drift with them.

scottb908

Feed Provider
Not sure what radios everyone has, after a chat with some guys in another group I was able to increase reception on the TRX. Change the Dwell time to 5s, Lower threshold to 55

matt04

Premium Subscriber

I know this is a few months overdue. I only came across it recently. It looks like East Windsor is also looking to get on board to CLMRN. They even have a partial screenshot from the database here.
I read thru a few months of BOS minutes quickly, the PDF wasn't searchable. The March meeting mentions tht they were only considerign signing it as a way to keep their foot in the door at the current "free" cost, and goes on to say the plan to keep the current LTR system for the time being.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
A few more transmissions came through today than the last couple days. But only with the SDS100 in a certain spot (and not the spot I want it). The SDS200 is almost silent so the antenna on that isn't good for CLMRN.
Hoping for improvements with better antennas.

I wonder if they are still tweaking it for Phase II.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Since the passing of Uniden's Paul Opitz (UPMan), all releases of improvements has stopped. Since he was the holder of a number of patents related to scanners and all updates have ceased, I would say he was the primary driver of the design and improvements related to the radios. I would expect that nothing will be updated for the near future.

chris

gofasters4

I've only just noticed that Troop H dispatch TG traffic is back on the Troop F site.
Also saw that some units are still Phase I (DEEP and UASI TG's).

PhillyPhoto

Since the passing of Uniden's Paul Opitz (UPMan), all releases of improvements has stopped. Since he was the holder of a number of patents related to scanners and all updates have ceased, I would say he was the primary driver of the design and improvements related to the radios. I would expect that nothing will be updated for the near future.

chris
Unfortunately I think you're right. I think it shows how much he really pushed for things to happen at Uniden, and how much of a void he left behind.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber

chris
Unfortunately I think you're right. I think it shows how much he really pushed for things to happen at Uniden, and how much of a void he left behind.
You are correct Chris. The SDS radios were Paul's baby. He struggled to come into work at least part-time right up to the last few months.

I definitely know there was unfinished business he could not get to once the heavy-duty chemo started. Many say there are other people working there doing firmware updates well it's been since April 15th 2019 and all we hear is crickets chirping.

Obviously I follow this very carefully for years. I followed Paul's blog till the end.

I feel bad for newbies who have wish lists and submit requests. There are a few bugs left on these radios that will never be attended to and there's plenty of room for expansion that will never happen.

I think it's a fact of life that everyone has to accept.

Just one man's opinion. You know for his last project Paul really hit it out of the park with these radios.:)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
A few more transmissions came through today than the last couple days. But only with the SDS100 in a certain spot (and not the spot I want it). The SDS200 is almost silent so the antenna on that isn't good for CLMRN.
Hoping for improvements with better antennas.

I wonder if they are still tweaking it for Phase II.
I think you mean are they still tweaking the system and yes I'm sure they are. Your technicians are on an encrypted Channel but I'm sure they're working everyday to make changes and to cover dead spots.

Problem is they're using professional equipment and we are using consumer scanners that don't come close to the same performance.

hotbob62

I think you mean are they still tweaking the system and yes I'm sure they are. Your technicians are on an encrypted Channel but I'm sure they're working everyday to make changes and to cover dead spots.

Problem is they're using professional equipment and we are using consumer scanners that don't come close to the same performance.
Does this mean that the HP-2 will be able to monitor CLMRN ? I still recieved non troops on the system.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Does this mean that the HP-2 will be able to monitor CLMRN ? I still recieved non troops on the system.
Minor tweaking of the system to eliminate dead spots for the public service units probably is not going to affect the poor performance of a radio that's not suitable for this system, not to say it doesn't work for some because of their location but obviously for you you no tweaking of the system is going to make your radio in your location work.

Sorry I haven't been keeping that close of a watch on this thread anymore as the reason I came was to help out a friend in Connecticut with SDS units solve their problem of poor reception and we have come to the conclusion a better antenna is needed in their particular location.

Because you don't have a radio with a SDR chip a better antenna is not your answer and would probably make the problem worse. If you really want to hear this system you need to buy a radio better suited for the system in your location. Your radio is pretty long in the tooth and again, could work for some in the proper location but obviously for you it is not your answer and you need to get a radio that will work.

This is like deja vu LOL :) as I remember a while back discussing that you shouldn't be stuck with a radio that doesn't work and that you should return it ASAP. I thought you were sending it back.

Keep your eye on that return window or you are going to be stuck with a radio that doesn't work for this system.

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber

The HP-2 will indeed monitor this system and is capible of hearing Phase II TDMA traffic, however like others have said if you can return it and get an SDS scanner it will likely recieve the simulcast sites much better. That all being said regardless of the scanner with these systems it is all about location, location, location. Even with the top of the line scanner if the signal strength is weak it most likely will not decode the audio (Phase II audio is even more sensitive then Phase I).

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
The HP-2 will indeed monitor this system and is capible of hearing Phase II TDMA traffic, however like others have said if you can return it and get an SDS scanner it will likely recieve the simulcast sites much better. That all being said regardless of the scanner with these systems it is all about location, location, location. Even with the top of the line scanner if the signal strength is weak it most likely will not decode the audio (Phase II audio is even more sensitive then Phase I).
As I had said. Even though it's a phase 2 capable scanner it is not your choice for this system even though it might work for some people because of their location but overall it is not a favorable radio to pick up this system just because the box says it's P2 capable.

You would have to be here in Connecticut to know it's not working for you, not Boston Massachusetts LOL.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
Received TG 65432 on site 028. Shows Hartland sounded like a fire dispatch. I'm not sure but I think another town dispatches Hartland. First time I heard it.

cg

Premium Subscriber
That is almost certainly one of the outside systems that has access to the CT SW system. Wallingford or Middletown would be my guess. Hartland is a LCD town and had a fire call at 8:27 this morning but nothing else and it wouldn't be likely to hear them on that system.
chris

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
That is almost certainly one of the outside systems that has access to the CT SW system. Wallingford or Middletown would be my guess. Hartland is a LCD town and had a fire call at 8:27 this morning but nothing else and it wouldn't be likely to hear them on that system.
chris
OK thanks for the correction. I had forgotten about this.

Alec

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
As I had said. Even though it's a phase 2 capable scanner it is not your choice for this system even though it might work for some people because of their location but overall it is not a favorable radio to pick up this system just because the box says it's P2 capable.

You would have to be here in Connecticut to know it's not working for you, not Boston Massachusetts LOL.

Rumor is Bristol,PA is a dead zone on this system