SDS100/SDS200: Finally got my sds100 need some guidance on programming it.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Telescoping are nice but not ideal to adjust while driving. Generally an antenna tuned for the band of interest will perform the best. The tri-band is tuned for 3 ranges. 136-174 420-470 800-900 MHz.

I did not see any of this info listed on Remtronix page, yet zip scanners amazon says,

"25-100%+ POLICE SCANNER RECEPTION BOOST: 6+dB gain over stock handheld police scanner antennas from Whistler & Uniden"

And, you trust Zip Scanners??????
Absolutely the last place I'd personally buy from.

BTW, the previous cut/paste images I posted were from the Remtronix webpage.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

lol. Guess you missed my post here

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Telescoping are nice but not ideal to adjust while driving. Generally an antenna tuned for the band of interest will perform the best. The tri-band is tuned for 3 ranges. 136-174 420-470 800-900 MHz.

I did not see any of this info listed on Remtronix page, yet zip scanners amazon says,

"25-100%+ POLICE SCANNER RECEPTION BOOST: 6+dB gain over stock handheld police scanner antennas from Whistler & Uniden"
What could be causing the scanner to hang on one freqs like i let it scan through and when i come back later it's stuck on one site.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber

Yea i agree zip scanners will rob you when i was gonna buy my upgrades they wanted 90 bucks per upgrade and uniden only charged me 50

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
We'll start with: What is your squelch set to? Most suggest setting to "2".
I have looked up how to change the gain and it says to press the function button and then the 0 LVL button but it doesn't work for me i have tried pushing the buttons one at a time and at the same time all i get is a negative beep i have searched everywhere but no answers what could be wrong why can't i change the gain.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber

is it me or does sentinel not show if a site or freqs is NXDN P25 Conv DMR. ?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I have looked up how to change the gain and it says to press the function button and then the 0 LVL button but it doesn't work for me i have tried pushing the buttons one at a time and at the same time all i get is a negative beep i have searched everywhere but no answers what could be wrong why can't i change the gain.

Gain, or squelch? For squelch watch the first minute of this video

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Gain, or squelch? For squelch watch the first minute of this video

i watched the whole video and I know how to do the squelch it works fine but the gain option will not work that video doesn't say anything about gain, everything i search for online says function and 0 "LVL" i try that and it just gives a negative beep sound. it's annoying

RMason

Premium Subscriber
RMason said:
My response (which you quoted) is trying to help you resolve your issue related to hanging on a site.

What is your squelch set at? Is it still hanging? What is it hanging on - is it showing a control channel, a talkgroup, a conventional frequency, or something else?

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
RMason said:

My response (which you quoted) is trying to help you resolve your issue related to hanging on a site.

What is your squelch set at? Is it still hanging? What is it hanging on - is it showing a control channel, a talkgroup, a conventional frequency, or something else?
yes my squelch is set at 2 and this hanging starts if it's set for a long time and just left to scan it gets stuck on a site and just shows everything on that site . and i don't know why i can't access my gain by doing what the manual says to do

RMason

Premium Subscriber
Func -> 0/LVL adjusts the volume offset for a channel. (I would not call it gain)
From Easier to Read SDS100/200 Digital Scanner Manual

Channel Volume Offset
Press Channel to hold on the channel.
Press Func then press 0(LVL) to toggle +1, +2, +3, -3, -2, -1, or 0.
Press Channel to resume.

<edit> I suspect you did not first press Channel to hold on a channel.

Last edited:

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
What Gain?
when i first got the scanner i remember being able to hit function and 0 LVL and it would show gain in the bottom right of the screen i remember following the direction on google but now when i hit those buttons i don't get nothing. it's weird i know it's there because i seen it