SDS100/SDS200: Firmware 1.05.01M Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Upman,

In a future firmware release, could we please have an option to select or not select error correction?
I think this would help with dmr ras and other funky radio system oddities
When the scanner shuts down error correct, it makes it harder to rx dmr and others
Thanks and as always thanks for the continued firmware improvements!

73, john

We are missing quite a bit of comms on cap+ systems

Submit a debug file so UPMan and the engineers can have a look at your issue:

1) Power off
2) Hold the Avoid key, and keep holding it, while powering back on ... keep holding Avoid until your favorite lists load, and you hear three beeps
3) Menu -> Settings -> Set Debug Log Mode -> SD Card (File)

Then reproduce the issue you're experiencing. When done, return to the menu and turn debug logging off.

You'll then the log file(s) in the "debug" folder on the SD card (when connected to your PC via USB in Mass Storage mode).

55engine

Premium Subscriber
I’m not sure where to put this but my SDs 100 is still breaking up the radio traffic transmissions Analog and digital and trunk Can someone please help me thank you I will say I’m pretty happy with the radio

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Check your weather settings, close call settings and priority channel setting I am betting one of them is causing the skipping you are hearing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

del1964

Feed Provider
I've got my SDS100 with me at work today monitoring our company's DMR radio system. It's missing the first transmission every single time. The reason I know is I'm holding on the frequency and one of the supervisors is near me and his radio traffic will come up loud and clear and the SDS100 sits silent. Then the second follow up transmission coming through his radio comes through on the SDS. Bug? or ??? This firmware version? I "thought" this was the case before when I had the scanner scanning and it'd skip right over an active DMR transmission in our plant when I know and I could hear the motorola radios blaring their traffic. So that's why today I decided to "sit" on the active frequency they're using and see if I could figure out what was going on.

P25 systems in the area are not a problem. I know that because I'm running SDR Trunk simulataneously with the SDS100 and it's capturing all the traffic very well.

del1964

Feed Provider
They're using color code 3 and I have the SDS set on color code 3. I'm going to remove the color code restriction/squelch on the SDS and monitor to see if that makes any difference.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Wow...... Now I'm seeing color code 5......color code 7....... What the?

Try rolling back a firmware and see if that helps.

I had this firmware in the scanner and noticed that on an active channel the information would show on the radio with no audio coming out. I also noticed that the information for the color code would jump from 2 to 3 to 6 and I know for fact the system being monitored only uses color code one and two.

I switched back to the previous firmware and all audio is back along with the color code being correct and not jumping while hearing transmissions.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Digital wait time has absolutely no effect on systems programmed as fully digital (i.e. MotoTRBO).

SCPD

QRT
Fm broadcast

Mine doesn't sound off frequency. Rather, it sounds very hot, even with the attenuator on.

What does "hot" mean to you? To me it means the radio is very sensitive.
Its not pleasing to my ear the FM broadcast band on the SDS-100.My $25 Baofeng Uv82 144/440/FMB radio sounds better on 88-108.
I had the BCD436hp and it does not have this issue.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
What does "hot" mean to you? To me it means the radio is very sensitive.
Its not pleasing to my ear the FM broadcast band on the SDS-100.My $25 Baofeng Uv82 144/440/FMB radio sounds better on 88-108.
I had the BCD436hp and it does not have this issue.

Hot audio, as in distortion, not static like when the frequency is off.

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber

SCPD

QRT
No input as to why

Hot audio, as in distortion, not static like when the frequency is off.

Yes I showed what I was talking about to a Uniden rep on the phone, I can't say he seemed too interested
in what I was saying. I thought he could report my findings to someone and see what they think? maybe.
FM broadcast band seems distorted to me on this radio and not my $20 Chinese AM/FM radio.
This is not a cheap scanner. Neither was the 436HP I ditched to get the SDS-100 but that worked on FMB.
Anyway using 1.04 firmware I get a decent reception on VHF high band and UHF I told him if I update
my DMR and NXDN decode seems to get worse also. Maybe some day my FM radio band will work good on this. For now I guess I'm stuck with the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.