ICI Trunked System - Posts your new findings here!

Engine104

Member since 2005
Which ICI site do you have in your radio. Just because one is the closest doesn't mean the agency you want to listen to is currently on it. For example, I live near Oat Mountain, but I can't hear Verdugo Fire on it unless they turn it on. Not the best explanation, but I think you see what I mean.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
The only sites I program into my G5 radio is the Glendale - Montebello and South Bay. Pretty much pickup everything. I am able to pickup the Glendale and Montebello sites from South OC with no issues. The Montebello site is the big hog for me. Its the site that carries pretty much everything for me.

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
Which ICI site do you have in your radio. Just because one is the closest doesn't mean the agency you want to listen to is currently on it. For example, I live near Oat Mountain, but I can't hear Verdugo Fire on it unless they turn it on. Not the best explanation, but I think you see what I mean.

The only time Oat Site will carry traffic is when a ICI Radio is affiliated it. Since normal ICI operations are not in Oats coverage area it will be seldom that Oat will be "active" for long periods of time

Last edited:

Engine104

Member since 2005
The only time Oat Site will carry traffic is when a ICI Radio is affiliated it. Since normal ICI operations are not in Oats coverage area it will be seldom that Oat will be "active" for long periods of time
You explained it better than I did. Thank you.

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm for me that I am correct that Pasadena Fire is dispatched by Verdugo and that in the Pasadena area that the Glendale site is the best to use?

Thanks!

FirePhoto27

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm for me that I am correct that Pasadena Fire is dispatched by Verdugo and that in the Pasadena area that the Glendale site is the best to use?

Thanks!

Yea, PFD is dispatched by Verdugo and the Glendale site is used for Pasadena.

xilix

Premium Subscriber
Verdugo Dispatch (Red-1) is also simulcast on 154.37 in analog. I usually keep an old scanner parked there, as Verdugo's Red 1 can get very busy at times and I like to use my digital scanners for other things.

firephoto29

WRVL541
Recently while scanning ICI I noticed by scanner was picking up P25 P2 data under a different band plan then usual. Maybe they're testing and converting like LARICS, LAPD, etc.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
On what site do you believe you have seen Phase-II?

ICI in December received Homeland Security/FEMA grant funding to pursue TDMA upgrade and migration, but it's a longer-term project, not something that happens overnight.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
On what site do you believe you have seen Phase-II?

ICI in December received Homeland Security/FEMA grant funding to pursue TDMA upgrade and migration, but it's a longer-term project, not something that happens overnight.

Oh boy when you see Homeland Security/FEMA grant funding you know what that means to Montebello, San Marino, Burbank, and Glendale and Vernon - Culver City and so on.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
First of all i want to say thank you for posting the astro p25 info or frequency bands but what I want to know is at the end where it has the :3000 where is the decimal point in those numbers? Example 762.006250 is +30.000 as a standard motorola setting and -45.000 at the end of 851.01250 but as for the uhf frequencies is it right after the first number or the zero? on the frequency offset?

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
First of all i want to say thank you for posting the astro p25 info or frequency bands but what I want to know is at the end where it has the :3000 where is the decimal point in those numbers? Example 762.006250 is +30.000 as a standard motorola setting and -45.000 at the end of 851.01250 but as for the uhf frequencies is it right after the first number or the zero? on the frequency offset?
For downlinks 450–454.996875 and 460–464.996875, the standard uplink offset is +5 MHz. For downlinks 470–472.996875 , 476–478.996875 , (4 more 3+3 MHz sub-bands ...) , 506–508.996875, the standard uplink offset is +3 MHz. Is that what you wanted?

alueneburg

Premium Subscriber
Quick question that I'm sure has been posted a thousand times but I cant seem to find. I listen to the ICI quite frequently and I'm not sure how to listen to one single department on the verdugo fire channels. I have Red-1 to Red-10 programmed in my SDS100 and what I'd like to do is listen to only Burbank Fire calls. Right now I hear calls for almost all the departments Verdugo transmits to, and I can differentiate by listening to what engine or ambulance number is being called. For example Burbank would use something like engine 11. However instead of just listening to every call and deciphering the unit number, is there anyway to program my SDS100 so it only receives calls to Burbank Fire?

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
Quick question that I'm sure has been posted a thousand times but I cant seem to find. I listen to the ICI quite frequently and I'm not sure how to listen to one single department on the verdugo fire channels. I have Red-1 to Red-10 programmed in my SDS100 and what I'd like to do is listen to only Burbank Fire calls. Right now I hear calls for almost all the departments Verdugo transmits to, and I can differentiate by listening to what engine or ambulance number is being called. For example Burbank would use something like engine 11. However instead of just listening to every call and deciphering the unit number, is there anyway to program my SDS100 so it only receives calls to Burbank Fire?
You can not. Verdugo dispatches for all agencies on Red1. There is no way to only hear one agency.

alueneburg

Premium Subscriber
You can not. Verdugo dispatches for all agencies on Red1. There is no way to only hear one agency.
That’s what I figured. Just curious. When Red-1 dispatches a call is it broadcast to all the ICI radios or just the city they dispatch to?