KSP Discussion Thread

CCEMS703

It's the mayfield ( Farmington) tower. I might add that I have monitored this freq with no problems with this same scanner for more that 6 years. This problem has started in the last month.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Any chance you could be at the very fringe of the coverage area? Any antenna issues with your scanner such as loose connection.

With it working some of the time, that means you have it programmed correctly. So it's probably a matter of signal strength.

Moose

I'm getting ready for a trip to Kentucky next week. (not the eclipse). I saw that mobile scanners are illegal for the average Joe so I thought maybe I could listen to the State Police on my cell phone on Broadcastify.
However, I do not see any link to them. Only various county monitors. I didn't check all the counties but the ones I did only had their local FD & PD. Any help is appreciated.

wconn

Premium Subscriber
Depends on what part of KY your going to be in. There is a feed in NE KY that does broadcast Post 14 Ashland. Not many streams for KSP here.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
South and west is KSP Post 1. There is P25 in Murray, Calvet City and Mayfield all are stand alone P25 repeaters. Also you have the TACN (Tennessee State Troopers) your sites will be Paris Tn, Gleason Tn, Martin Tn, Hornbeak Tn. Talk Groups are D4 Memphis, D8 Jackson and D3 Nashville. D3 Nashville Dispatch is heard on Gleason Site and the Paris Site Most of the time. This is a very active system with the west TDOT also using the system.

Moose

Thank you for the Tennessee report. I already have those freqs programmed. I'll be in Tennessee for a few days up to the eclipse but headed to Kentucky afterwards to visit relatives. When you mention the Kentucky towns I'm assuming that in their respective counties on Broadcastify I would use the feed labeled Western Kentucky and Northwest Tennessee Public Safety. I saw that yesterday but the description was a little vague in reference to monitoring the State Police. Thanks again

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The KSP if using a scanner has 5 sites scattered out in West Kentucky with 2 repeaters at each site Post
1A and Post 1B all 5 sites transmit at the sametime they are linked together to cover all of West Kentucky if you are using Broadcastify then it will not matter.

Randyw903

ksp site

I am new to the p25 system, can someone tell me how to find the feq. and site number to enter in my scanner for Ashlnad KSP.

ak4fn

I am new to the p25 system, can someone tell me how to find the feq. and site number to enter in my scanner for Ashlnad KSP.

To add to what scanhopkins said, you only need one A Channel and one B Channel, for that post. You will hear everything from that post. (you may also want the statewide stuff as well). If you are going to be mobile, get all the tower sites, but if you are using your scanner only at home just choose the A and B Channel with the closest tower site.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Have you programmed all of the 14A/B frequencies? Every now and then a site goes down and the others pick up the slack (more or less). For example 4B at the Fairgrounds goes out from time to time. Fortunately I have the 4B Shepherdsville site also programmed, so I continue to hear E-town post.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There has been some discussion in another post about KSP doing some radio system work. The following is what the governor has in his budget proposal, subject to general assembly's part. It comes from the Governor's recommendations for captial improvements:

State Police
Two-Way Radio System Replacement, Phase I 35,100,000

Bond Funds 35,100,000
This project will begin Phase I to replace statewide emergency radio communications network. Phase I will provide core components to deploy the network and will include end user radios for Troopers, dispatch consoles for Kentucky State Police posts, radio system infrastructure equipment and system control hardware/software.

This would be a real good opportunity to do some true statewide network, though my breath won't be held.

bjizzle

Ksp alternate a channel

I monitor KSP post 3 from bowling green and there is another fella there that monitors the post out of bowling green. in the past few weeks i have not heard the A channel, today a police cruiser was stolen and they were all told to switch to A, I can't pick it up on my trx-2 and this other guy that also streams a feed, I believe has a Uniden of some kind and there is no traffic from ksp on that feed. I have all the frequencies programmed in for the entire post district, is it possible they changed these frequencies?

Last edited:

CCEMS703

South and west is KSP Post 1. There is P25 in Murray, Calvet City and Mayfield all are stand alone P25 repeaters. Also you have the TACN (Tennessee State Troopers) your sites will be Paris Tn, Gleason Tn, Martin Tn, Hornbeak Tn. Talk Groups are D4 Memphis, D8 Jackson and D3 Nashville. D3 Nashville Dispatch is heard on Gleason Site and the Paris Site Most of the time. This is a very active system with the west TDOT also using the system.

What is the Murray frequency for ksp? I don’t see it listed anywhere.

bjizzle

What is the Murray frequency for ksp? I don’t see it listed anywhere.
Murry is post 1. I'd try 453.51250 for b 181 nac and 460.0625 for a 180 nac

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited: