KSP Discussion Thread

bjizzle

I monitor KSP post 3 from bowling green and there is another fella there that monitors the post out of bowling green. in the past few weeks i have not heard the A channel, today a police cruiser was stolen and they were all told to switch to A, I can't pick it up on my trx-2 and this other guy that also streams a feed, I believe has a Uniden of some kind and there is no traffic from ksp on that feed. I have all the frequencies programmed in for the entire post district, is it possible they changed these frequencies?
Has anyone else had this issue anywhere else? I still haven't found a solution.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

BC2001

Jesse
Hey everyone, is it true that KSP is or will go encrypted soon? Edit... Disregard, I read the previous posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

pjscott51

Premium Subscriber
Today I attended a luncheon that KSP Commissioner Rick Sanders was the guest speaker. I asked him about KSP going to encrypted channels. He said that KSP will be going to a new radio system, probably a Motorola system.. He said that they have $25 million secured for the new system but they need another $100 million. He said that they would be adding more towers along with new radios. He did say that encrypted channels has been discussed but no decision has been made at this time.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
An Statewide P25 TRS has been in the talking stages for years, and finally is in the planning phases. I expect that in say 3 to 5 years they might actually have enough funding to actually secure a contract for a Vendor (yeah most likely will be Motorola Solutions but not locked in on that yet.) to actually start site research and build out.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
An Statewide P25 TRS has been in the talking stages for years, and finally is in the planning phases. I expect that in say 3 to 5 years they might actually have enough funding to actually secure a contract for a Vendor (yeah most likely will be Motorola Solutions but not locked in on that yet.) to actually start site research and build out.

I sure hope so. The current patchwork of different systems/modes/bands is an interoperable nightmare.

There is a lot of old technology out there and money hasn't been invested in many places. So responders do not have the most reliable communications available.

Probably a good time to remember the Kentucky Motto "United we stand, divided we fall."

mastr

I would like to post a meaningful, detailed comment here, but that isn't possible.

But I can look in once in a while to enjoy the speculation.

archer2k

Is anyone aware of any changes to the KSP radio system in the last several days? My WS1040 stopped receiving all of my KSP channels this past Thursday and I have been unable to get them back. I reprogrammed using all three major software suites for WS1040 and have had no luck. Was just wondering if there is an issue with my digital reception on the radio or if KSP had made changes. I have been monitoring mostly post 11 (London) but occasionally listen to post 7 (Richmond) but get nothing now from any of them. (FYI, all my local analog frequencies are working fine)

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
Not in your area but Post 4 has been working great. Also listening to the Command Post at the State Fair and it has been working good too. Good luck on your scanner.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
My WS1040 stopped receiving all of my KSP channels this past Thursday and I have been unable to get them back. (FYI, all my local analog frequencies are working fine)

I can see one tower having a temporary issue, but not several all at once. I'd be suspicious of a malfunction with the scanner. Are there any other digital frequencies you can monitor/try?

catbird

Premium Subscriber
On a different subject concerning KSP PTT IDs.
Curious if anyone has any input on why there is such a variation? IDs vary from 3 digit to 777xxx, 778xxx, 900xxx, to 902xxx for troopers.
Thanks

VASCAR2

There is good information on the KSP Wiki page listed in the data base for Ky State Police. This page has answers to many questions and worth reviewing. I tried to link to the Ky State Police Wiki page but for some reason the link won’t work. Go to the data base for Kentucky. Under the State Public Safety tab click on Ky State Police. This will bring up the KSP page detailing frequencies and district tower locations. In the upper right hand corner of page click on Wiki. The Wiki key will direct you to a page with good information on KSP detailing the ID number use when the PTT is depressed.

Last edited:

BigEd1314

Premium Subscriber
Good guess, but wrong.

Funny. Because the dispatch shift supervisor and post radio tech told me that those numbers are the serial of the radio and they alias the troopers number in the console to those numbers. So please enlighten me then since we are all wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk