New UniTrunker release

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellykeeton

WOW i haven't played with this tool for a while AWESOME new GUI I did like the old one but the dos window always would close and hang up the PC. anywhoo nice fade option on the drop of the channel spiffy. where is the paypal donate button on your .com get some cash for your work!

bonus1331

Upgrade to new beta

How do I upgrade to the newest beta version without losing settings and data?
Do I just delete the uniform .exe file and then download to the same file?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hi again Rick,

Found some more things to report..

- Channels entered while a site is active go away when the site does. Example: If I travel through the area of site #123 of system 4567, and enter the appropriate freqs, then go out of range of said site, the freqs are removed from the "Channels" section for that site, even if I have set them "Confirmed".
- Single-site Motorola systems (I think just Mot systems) report as Site 0 in UT, but are listed as Site 1 in the RRDB, so the downloaded data from the DB doesn't get recognized. This doesn't affect EDACS systems or multi-site (SmartZone) Mot systems because they specify site numbers.
- If you go from one EDACS system to another EDACS system, the program doesn't recognize the new one until/unless you stop and restart the associated signal receiver. I figure there may not be anything you can do with that, but figured I'd mention it.
- Still not able to get the program to automatically recognize a given EDACS system once the freq of the control channel is input.. but only when the data has been downloaded to a fresh, new system first. Example: If I download system 2345, then go tune in to it and try to get UT to use the downloaded data, it's a no-go. If I start UT first, let it tune in and find the system, then later download the data, it will accept the saved system when tuning it in again.
- This may have been mentioned before by you or others, but I can't seem to edit/add band plans on the fly. There's no + or - on the toolbar on that pane of the window.
- Lastly, if you open a receiver that's running and choose the Scope tab, it shows flatline even if the receiver is running. The scope is only shown properly if you started running the receiver in the same "window session" as when you chose to view the scope. Hope that makes sense.

SCPD

QRT
- Channels entered while a site is active go away when the site does.
I'm working on this one; had the same problem myself last week while roaming.

Jay911 said:
- Single-site Motorola systems (I think just Mot systems) report as Site 0 in UT, but are listed as Site 1 in the RRDB, so the downloaded data from the DB doesn't get recognized. This doesn't affect EDACS systems or multi-site (SmartZone) Mot systems because they specify site numbers.
This is by design. I can't presume site 01. The worst part is the RR DB only provides frequencies - not channel numbers.

Jay911 said:
- If you go from one EDACS system to another EDACS system, the program doesn't recognize the new one until/unless you stop and restart the associated signal receiver.
It should pop-up a new site window and prompt you to enter the new control channel frequency. Do both systems have the same site number?

Jay911 said:
- Still not able to get the program to automatically recognize a given EDACS system once the freq of the control channel is input.. but only when the data has been downloaded to a fresh, new system first. Example: If I download system 2345, then go tune in to it and try to get UT to use the downloaded data, it's a no-go. If I start UT first, let it tune in and find the system, then later download the data, it will accept the saved system when tuning it in again.
When you download the system from scratch - are the control channel(s) marked as such?

Jay911 said:
- This may have been mentioned before by you or others, but I can't seem to edit/add band plans on the fly. There's no + or - on the toolbar on that pane of the window.
Snap! I'll fix that.

Jay911 said:
- Lastly, if you open a receiver that's running and choose the Scope tab, it shows flatline even if the receiver is running. The scope is only shown properly if you started running the receiver in the same "window session" as when you chose to view the scope. Hope that makes sense.
Cool find. I never noticed this before.

Someone help me..........

I got everything work but and clueless on how to get the computer to run the voice scanner. I have a bcd996t abd have the right com ports and everything. I added a new reciever and when i turn it to run i get nothing. Do I have to do anything special on the 996t itself ?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm not sure what radios are supported fully yet, if any, in the current Alpha version - but I seem to recall Rick saying that the code for switching a scanner to the listen frequency isn't there for all scanners - it may be a trial and error thing, or you may just have to wait until support is there for it.

Mike

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
Question regarding LCN - Never mind...

I noticed that the program lists an LCN for the freqs it finds. When I tried to cross reference the freqs with the FCC channel numbers, they are not the same.

Is the LCN listed tied to any particular table?

Thanks,

--Never mind, I found the Tables tab :roll:

Last edited:

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
Rick, I have an interesting issue for you. I am decoding on a P25 system with both T-band and 450 mhz sites. Unitrunker auto populates with the LCNs for both. It auto populates the t-band sites with the frequencies. It does not however poulate the 450 sites with the frequencies. I checked all the LCNs against the frequencies and they are correct. Is it possible that the program is thrown off with the multiple bandplans?

SCPD

QRT
Mattsenft said:
It does not however populate the 450 sites with the frequencies. I checked all the LCNs against the frequencies and they are correct. Is it possible that the program is thrown off with the multiple bandplans?
The bandplans are per-site. Are you monitoring a T-band site which has 450 Mhz neighbor sites? Unless you directly monitor a site - the program won't assume the same bandplan applies. The previous generation had a "push bandplan to all sites" menu option - which is probably what is needed here.

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
That's the case here. The several sites closest to me are t-band, but several others are 450. If you could include the push bandplan to all sites as an option in the next release I would be grateful.

soupbones

Rick.

Great stuff on the latest version. Got it up and running in no time. Most people have brought up most of the bugs and fixes needed already. But I thought I would put my two cents in for now.
Firstly, still not direct entry of bandplans settings for UHF systems, which is what I mainly monitor. Seems everyone down under who listens to thes UHF systems has to much around importing from previous versions of the software, which is fine if you have that.
Secondly I like the GUI, and I know its in alpha at the moment, but I find its a bit clunky and messy when you want to find certain settings. Plus lots of windows popping up get a bit much, as suggested earlier. Maybe make it all tabbed for now in one main window till the GUI can be made more user friendly down the track? Just a suggestion. Then maybe add sub menus to the main tabbed windows.?

dougr1252

Can't edit band plans

I'm using the 1.0.0.1 version. The band plan fields are locked and I can't edit them. Also 480 MHz systems show LCN but no freqs. I can only enter freqs manually for each channel. Tried stopping / starting, also used + button to add a new blank band, but they're not editable. Anything I'm doing wrong?

SCPD

QRT
Tried stopping / starting, also used + button to add a new blank band, but they're not editable. Anything I'm doing wrong?
Several folks have reported problems; they were able to successfully download bandplans from the RR DB and import bandplans from their old data files - but not create / edit new plans.

Most Unitrunker data appears in a grid of rows and columns. Double-clicking a row gives you that specific item in a separate editable pop-up window. Bandplans are the exception to this. Most grid cells are editable without resorting to a second pop-up window. Since bandplans don't have a separate popup window - you have to edit them "in place". To edit the hi / lo / base / offset fields "in place" - use the F2 key to enter edit mode. Use the Escape key to leave edit mode.

One specific bug related to bandplan editing involves the hi / lo fields. The work-around is to enter the "hi" value first.

dougr1252

Rick:

That works like a champ, thanks. I noticed that if I enter the low band first, as soon as the channel number in the second band is higher than the last one, the bands swap places. Just takes getting used to. The site I'm on has 10 channels, but the program only shows a freq for the first one, and it's not right yet. Here's what I put in:

Base: 482.0000
Lo: 380
Hi: 559
Spacing: 12.500

Base: 488.0000
Lo: 560
Hi: 809
Spacing: 12.500

Based on that, the program says ch 397 is 484.125, but it should be 482.2125. I'm getting 125 KHz instead of 12.5. What's the right format for this field?

SCPD

QRT
The site I'm on has 10 channels, but the program only shows a freq for the first one, and it's not right yet.
Zero out the frequency for the incorrect channel. Make sure none of the channels are marked as "Confirmed". The bandplan won't override these. Note: the highest possible channel number is 759 (but the 809 won't cause any harm).

Based on that, the program says ch 397 is 484.125, but it should be 482.2125. I'm getting 125 KHz instead of 12.5. What's the right format for this field?
It is in kilohertz ... just as you described above; so entering "12.5" should work. I don't know why you're getting 484.1250 instead of 482.2125.

dougr1252

It's a multi-site P25 system, so I changed the type and it listed freqs for a bit, then they got lost. This system comes up as conventional every time I start the program, and I have to switch it to P25, which then creates a new system. But it doesn't want to monitor the P25 system, only the conventional. Maybe the band plan doesn't work because it's the wrong type system? I tried entering 0 for the LCNs that wouldn't display, but they stayed as 0.0000.

Status
Not open for further replies.