Now On-The-Air !! Testing New Lewiston - Auburn 800 MHz TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

a417

Just looks scary, there's only 8 pairs in there. ULS is funky like that. Rather than a subfield for each frequency that lists locations it is active at, they print a separate line for each location.

jimbois1

Mobile radios for nearly all vehicle fleets for Lewiston and Auburn Police & Fire now installed. Per recent L-A 9-1-1 Committee meeting, hopefully some field testing to commence later in September.

jimbois1

Mid-afternoon today, I heard the familiar APCO P-25 digital hash signal on the new Lewiston - Auburn Police & Fire 800 MHz APCO P-25 trunked radio system !!

Control Channel 856.0125 R / 811.0125 T MHz. (This is one of the 8 pairs of the 16 freqs in the TRS)

That's all I've had time to determine so far

Everyone...time to pick-up the ball and run with it to gather more details...start monitoring for TGIDs, site IDs, etc..

ChrisPrue

Getting a NAC of 032. I seem to be right on the edge of the coverage area, so hopefully they've only got one site up and running, and one or more of the other sites are in better range for me!

jimbois1

What radios did they switch to ?

As Motorola lost the bid, they are going with an EF Johnson system (now a subsidiary of JVC / Kenwood). I have not been able to confirm this yet, but they were looking at possibly using the EFJ Viking VM 6000 or 7000 mobile with a separate PCTEL Maxrad Model # MAX7603S, 760-870 MHz, 3 dB gain Ant w/Spring, in addition to the current VHF mobile antenna. (Installed by Dirigo Wireless).
In my nearly 45 years of following public-safety way radio systems in Andrsocoggin County, I do not ever recall any of them ever using EF Johnson radio equipment...Moto, L3Harris (old GE & Tyco / MA-Com), Regency (RELM) and Kenwood - all yes, but not EFJ...it will be interesting.

ChrisPrue

I can confirm that Goff Hill is active, and most likely what I've been receiving from home (Poland). Full signal with no antenna attached at the corner of Court St and Park Ave (and immediate surrounding area) in Auburn.

northstarfire0693

Premium Subscriber
I was able to get this info today off the new system. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• lewaub-1.JPG
    lewaub-1.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 44
  • lewaub-bp.JPG
    lewaub-bp.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 45
  • lewaubcall.JPG
    lewaubcall.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 42
  • lewaubch.JPG
    lewaubch.JPG