N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
I just purchased a SDS-200. I've been running a 536 with ProScan for some times with no problems other than having to reset the COM port occasionally. I was switching between the 536 and the 200 last night and version 14.8 does not fully load. I've tried a clean install, deleting the original program and gone back to version 14.6. ProScan does not recognize either the 536 or the 200. I have to go into the Task Manager to close the program. Is there something I'm no doing correctly? 536 uses COM 9, the 200 uses COM 15. Using Windows 10.
Hi Jeff, were you able to get this resolved? If I select either SDS100 or SDS200 in the Scanner Type menu all the menu functions grey out and I have to resort to Device Manager to close ProScan.
Bob is helping me out and I really appreciate it! Since I'm in the EDT zone I couldn't keep up last night, but I'm sure I will hear from him today if he's available. Just wondering if you found a fix as I didn't see a recent reply?
Thanks,

N8TXX

Scanner Enthusiast
Hi Jeff, were you able to get this resolved? If I select either SDS100 or SDS200 in the Scanner Type menu all the menu functions grey out and I have to resort to Device Manager to close ProScan.
Bob is helping me out and I really appreciate it! Since I'm in the EDT zone I couldn't keep up last night, but I'm sure I will hear from him today if he's available. Just wondering if you found a fix as I didn't see a recent reply?
Thanks,
I got it working! I uninstalled, deleted some items and Bob sent a new file.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Here is a preview of ProScan version 14.9.
  • Fixed - Web Browser was intermittent refreshing in some cases.
  • Fixed - SDS200 FTP Write was intermittent in some cases.
  • Fixed - Scanner type set to SDS100 or SDS200 was causing program to appear locked up in some cases.
This isn't the official release so it's not packaged into a setup file and will not show if checking for newest version within ProScan.
This is just the executable. Unzip and copy the exe file over the original. Stop ProScan first.

https://proscan.org/ProScan.zip

On a side note, I will on VC from April 21st to the 28th so will answer my emails and message board postings when I get back.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Here is a preview of ProScan version 14.9.
  • Fixed - Web Browser was intermittent refreshing in some cases.
  • Fixed - SDS200 FTP Write was intermittent in some cases.
  • Fixed - Scanner type set to SDS100 or SDS200 was causing program to appear locked up in some cases.
This isn't the official release so it's not packaged into a setup file and will not show if checking for newest version within ProScan.
This is just the executable. Unzip and copy the exe file over the original. Stop ProScan first.

https://proscan.org/ProScan.zip

On a side note, I will on VC from April 21st to the 28th so will answer my emails and message board postings when I get back.
Thanks Bob! Enjoy the vacation.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Does anyone know how to get Norton to trust Proscan so it doesn't keep deleting the file? It also seems to want to block internet access for Proscan.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how to get Norton to trust Proscan so it doesn't keep deleting the file? It also seems to want to block internet access for Proscan.

If you mean Norton Security,

Click on Settings in the upper right corner menu
That gives you a menu with various options

Click on Administrative Settings
On the screen that changes to, you'll see an option to enter Program Exclusions

There's also an Exclude option when you click on the Anti Virus link on the Settings screen

Also on the Settings menu, click on the Firewall link
That gets you a window with several tabs.
Click on Program Control and then you'll see where you can add a program for Internet Access, if that is being blocked.

MagicMan08

Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Had the software on trial for 3 hours before I bought it, so useful! Quick question though.

I tried using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm male to male adapter and plugged it into my 436hp and then into my laptops dual mic/audio port. I am not getting any audio. Tried a reboot etc. Computer skill is above average but running a scanner though my pc is pretty new, notably capturing the audio.

Is there an outside chance I may need a usb soundcard to capture the scanner audio with the record function? Everything else is coming in just fine, via the USB. Does everyone else within reason just take the 3.5mm in the headphone jack of their scanners and plug it into the microphone function? Am I missing something?

mule1075

Feed Provider
Had the software on trial for 3 hours before I bought it, so useful! Quick question though.

I tried using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm male to male adapter and plugged it into my 436hp and then into my laptops dual mic/audio port. I am not getting any audio. Tried a reboot etc. Computer skill is above average but running a scanner though my pc is pretty new, notably capturing the audio.

Is there an outside chance I may need a usb soundcard to capture the scanner audio with the record function? Everything else is coming in just fine, via the USB. Does everyone else within reason just take the 3.5mm in the headphone jack of their scanners and plug it into the microphone function? Am I missing something?
Go to the audio control tab in the software and make sure you have the right Input sound device selected.
e91d0a7b60afd91cde4e4a1753840146.jpg

Last edited:

MagicMan08

Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Go to the audio control tab in the software and make sure you have the right Input sound device selected.
e91d0a7b60afd91cde4e4a1753840146.jpg

I've definitely tinkered with that. I'm thinking it's this darn combined audio and mic port on my laptop. The 3.5mm line is good, I use it in my car. I think I have an old laptop that has both, I'm curious to test it on that one. Just so I'm following, are we plugging this 3.5mm cord into the mic port or the headphone port?

sCz.JPG

Lazer9

Feed Provider
Regarding the previous audio questions, I am also trying to set up the best scenario to stream through Broadcastify using Proscan and my 536HP. In my case, the issue may be with me running the connection via the 536HP WiFi functionality. This is how I have my setup to communicate scanner with software and at least initially, the live feed. After a rather long lag of the live scanner audio broadcasting out, I read up some more and found it is far preferred to use the described 3.5mm jack output to the PC s mic or line in to set this up to rid the delay (lag). So I have the cord between the 536hp rear panel ext speaker output to the mic (in) jack on the PC. I fiddled with the Audio settings in Proscan and selected the input but I am not convinced there is any difference in my feed as I hear the scanner live and when streaming test on PC or Android phone, like 15 to 30 seconds pass until the transmission is heard via the stream.

Should I be somehow using the USB cord to computer instead of the 536s WiFi? And of course, along with the mentioned wired audio out to which is best? Mic or Line In on the PC Soundcard.

Help appreciated!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

eaf1956

Feed Provider
If you mean Norton Security,

Click on Settings in the upper right corner menu
That gives you a menu with various options

Click on Administrative Settings
On the screen that changes to, you'll see an option to enter Program Exclusions

There's also an Exclude option when you click on the Anti Virus link on the Settings screen

Also on the Settings menu, click on the Firewall link
That gets you a window with several tabs.
Click on Program Control and then you'll see where you can add a program for Internet Access, if that is being blocked.

Thanks, I did this before for the original ProScan but I have added 2 more instances in different folders. Norton keeps blocking and deleting. And being old and such I had forgotten how to do it.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Regarding the previous audio questions, I am also trying to set up the best scenario to stream through Broadcastify using Proscan and my 536HP. In my case, the issue may be with me running the connection via the 536HP WiFi functionality. This is how I have my setup to communicate scanner with software and at least initially, the live feed. After a rather long lag of the live scanner audio broadcasting out, I read up some more and found it is far preferred to use the described 3.5mm jack output to the PC s mic or line in to set this up to rid the delay (lag). So I have the cord between the 536hp rear panel ext speaker output to the mic (in) jack on the PC. I fiddled with the Audio settings in Proscan and selected the input but I am not convinced there is any difference in my feed as I hear the scanner live and when streaming test on PC or Android phone, like 15 to 30 seconds pass until the transmission is heard via the stream.

Should I be somehow using the USB cord to computer instead of the 536s WiFi? And of course, along with the mentioned wired audio out to which is best? Mic or Line In on the PC Soundcard.

Help appreciated!

WiFi audio is best. Bob has worked on making it stable. Using speaker out or headphone Jack has it's own issues.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Help appreciated!

The BCD536HP Wi-Fi is the best audio quality as eaf1956 advised. As far as the audio lag or latency, that is caused by the media player built in network buffer. I'm not sure if the Icecast server has a built in buffer that adds to the problem. The audio leaving ProScan & RadioFeed is real time.

I read up some more and found it is far preferred to use the described 3.5mm jack output to the PC s mic or line in to set this up to rid the delay (lag).
Where did you read that? Provide link. That's false.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

In the future, report any false positive to me so I can pass it along to the antivirus software company.
Also insure your antivirus definition is up to date.

I will need the following info:

ProScan version
Antivirus software full product name
Exact name of the virus or trojan
When does it occur? Installation, starting ProScan, etc.
Antivirus definition date

Lazer9

Feed Provider
The BCD536HP Wi-Fi is the best audio quality as eaf1956 advised. As far as the audio lag or latency, that is caused by the media player built in network buffer. I'm not sure if the Icecast server has a built in buffer that adds to the problem. The audio leaving ProScan & RadioFeed is real time.

Where did you read that? Provide link. That's false.
Thanks for the added info. I will try to find the information I had read. I know it was within the setup faq or instructions at Broadcastify or RadioReference that specifically mentioned about the audio via WiFi would be behind a bit and pointed out to use an actual audio to audio cable for streaming with their service. As I to at the time thought the audio quality was fine via Proscan 536hp wifi connection to PC, had not bothered then with a cable. After setting up my feed upon approved, and then testing and comparing both over listening to the scanner from PC feed and the Android app Scanner Radio I then noticed quite a time between what I hear live with the scanner vs the stream transmit. So I quickly ordered a Y cable and straight 3.5mm so to keep my external speaker setup and allow this straight audio cable to PC. After changing settings to the Soundcard mic and restarting the feed, I noticed no improvement regarding the lag in the stream playing. Again thanks for confirming and again, I will dig through both my setup instructions email and any links that gave me this information and post.

MagicMan08

Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber

Is there an outside chance I may need a usb soundcard to capture the scanner audio with the record function? Everything else is coming in just fine, via the USB. Does everyone else within reason, just take the 3.5mm male/male cord and plug it into their scanner and plug it into the microphone port on their pc? What if it's dual purpose port? Am I missing something?

Checking back in. I've found my solution and I kind of answered my own question with some assistance from Lazer9 with some additional details that he shared with his issue. I forgot that I had a gaming headset a year or two ago, that had headset audio out and mic in, sent through one cord. This lovely laptop has a dual function singular audio/mic port, and for whatever reason, will only see a dual purpose cord like this as headphones and not audio in. I thought of this while eating breakfast this morning after reading lazer9's post.

I snagged my headset and sure enough, it had a y splitter on it. I plugged the necessary cords in, and with a slight tweak from within the control panel audio settings for the "input" setting, I'm recording everything quite well.

As an example it's one of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071DMCZQF/ So, if anyone else is experiencing this issue with their singular audio in/out port, you likely need a 3.5mm y splitter so the pc can differentiate between the mic connection (audio in) and a set of headphones (audio out). The search function is so useful on this site, I had to come back and share this.

Edit: I should mention too, that with this specific splitter set up, I cannot monitor the scanner audio on my pc speakers using the loopback, I need to plugin a set of headphones or an external speaker from the 3.5mm audio out port on the y splitter. All in all not that big of a deal, but I may look into an audio 3.5mm splitter coming out of the scanner and use a 3.5mm bluetooth transmitter to a speaker. Seems like the path of least resistance...

Last edited: