ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is the RSSI= Property a protocol command?
RSSI is not a protocol command but it's in the GSI protocol command Property section.
Also the PWR protocol command contains the RSSI in the first field. In the protocol command box, enter in "PWR" then click the Send button and see the return data.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Once I check the "Scanner Data to Scanner Data. txt File" box, where do I go to look the results for it?
The file is located in the application folder. To get to it easy, go to the Test & Extra tab then click the Explorer button.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
ProScan records the very last RSSI value before the transmission ends, not the "highest" observed. Understand that what ProScan is doing is simply logging the info that comes across the connection to the scanner in real time, which is observable by watching the Test & Extras screen. Nothing more, nothing less.
Yeah, it's just that, the info presented is after the transmission ends, while there's no voice. While there's voice, it fluctuate to lower numbers, thus, my reason to believe, it plays an important part in the overall reason to select a certain filter/squelch combination.

However, if the recorded RSSI, is the final result, regardless of voice being present then, RSSI is moot, as I also believe, it plays a part when looking at the digital error count.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 16.4 Just Released.
  • Added - Recorder support for network drives.
  • Added - Web Server - Web page Audio Player status indicator.
  • Fixed - Win 7 & Vista couldn't activate license.
  • Fixed - Recordings were disappearing under a certain condition.
  • Fixed - Recorder wasn't working correctly under a certain condition.
ProScan supports the BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD325P2, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCD996P2, SDS100, SDS200, SDS100E, SDS200E, UBCD3600XLT, & USDS100 scanners.

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!

Made in the USA

druhe

Premium Subscriber
After upgrading to 16.4, when I hold on a control channel after two seconds the radio switches to the next channel. The same occurs on a conventional frequency however it stays on the channel until it becomes active then switches to the next channel. This only occurs while using ProScan and is occuring on several different radios. I have reinitialized one radio and reprogrammed it with same results. I have checked every setting I can find with no joy. Any help appreciated and Thanks in Advance

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
After upgrading to 16.4, when I hold on a control channel after two seconds the radio switches to the next channel. The same occurs on a conventional frequency however it stays on the channel until it becomes active then switches to the next channel. This only occurs while using ProScan and is occuring on several different radios. I have reinitialized one radio and reprogrammed it with same results. I have checked every setting I can find with no joy. Any help appreciated and Thanks in Advance
I hear it all the time "When I upgraded to version x.y" This or that stopped working" It's usually operator error about 85% of the time.
Turn off the Resume Scan/Search function. Located in the upper right corner of the program.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
I hear it all the time "When I upgraded to version x.y" This or that stopped working" It's usually operator error about 85% of the time.
Turn off the Resume Scan/Search function. Located in the upper right corner of the program.
That did it. The box was minimized and I never noticed it. Thank You

Danny37

I know you voiced your opinion about a native app for Android/ios but a mobile webserver in portrait mode for people using phones would be awesome! Similar to win500's client layout.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200627-121118_Win500 Android Client.png
    Screenshot_20200627-121118_Win500 Android Client.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 20

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I know you voiced your opinion about a native app for Android/ios but a mobile webserver in portrait mode for people using phones would be awesome! Similar to win500's client layout.
Sounds like a good ideal. Perhaps down the road.

W8WCA

Delays in control via Remote Scanner over IP?

If I try to change some Favorites status from off to on (FQK) SOometimes I can scroll quickly sometimes it takes a few seconds or more to see the Scroll move down a list of Favorites

Is there some setting?

This is on my Local LAN

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Delays in control via Remote Scanner over IP?

If I try to change some Favorites status from off to on (FQK) SOometimes I can scroll quickly sometimes it takes a few seconds or more to see the Scroll move down a list of Favorites

Is there some setting?

This is on my Local LAN
Negative

AKWilliams

I'm probably going to answer my own question here., but just incase im being dumb... So before i buy my licence, id like to test the Remote Scanner or IP function... so i can listen to my scanner wherever i want to. All working and can connect to it via the client etc. Where i am having issues is getting the audio to broadcast. The scanner (B15X) is connected to a laptop for audio.. from the Spk port on the back of the scanner to the but the laptop only has one 3.5mm jack plug... It shows a headset/mic icon next to it.. Typically i use a USB headset...so never used this port before.

Either the port is not a line in/Mic port and it will never work... or i am doing something wrong in the settings for either Proscan or my laptop. I've followed the user guide for Proscan and think thats setup on the audio ok... Any pointers which might either confirm my suspicion, or assit to get this working?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm probably going to answer my own question here., but just incase im being dumb... So before i buy my licence, id like to test the Remote Scanner or IP function... so i can listen to my scanner wherever i want to. All working and can connect to it via the client etc. Where i am having issues is getting the audio to broadcast. The scanner (B15X) is connected to a laptop for audio.. from the Spk port on the back of the scanner to the but the laptop only has one 3.5mm jack plug... It shows a headset/mic icon next to it.. Typically i use a USB headset...so never used this port before.

Either the port is not a line in/Mic port and it will never work... or i am doing something wrong in the settings for either Proscan or my laptop. I've followed the user guide for Proscan and think thats setup on the audio ok... Any pointers which might either confirm my suspicion, or assit to get this working?

Did you check the Win Mixer that the port is not disabled and doesn't show unplugged?

AKWilliams

I do see Proscan when i open the mixer... took a bit of fiddling on the laptop to get it to show up. I’m not convinced the cable is working correctly, tried it on a different laptop, not getting any audio feed from the B15X through the laptops speakers. I’ll see if I can find another cable to test with.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Just updated the latest version and everything works, which means I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING STUPID THIS TIME ! One question though. Where does ProScan read the FavLists from? Is it the scanner or the computer controlling Web Server feed?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Just updated the latest version and everything works, which means I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING STUPID THIS TIME ! One question though. Where does ProScan read the FavLists from? Is it the scanner or the computer controlling Web Server feed?
The scanner when you do a Scanner Read or FTP Scanner Read. The computer when you do a File - Open.