kkn50

Long Time Member
Premium Subscriber
I downloaded ProScan and ran the setup file and the ProScan Client. The manual states to go to the Menu to change settings.

There is no Menu to click to change the settings (see attached). What do I change to display the Menu? Thanks.

Attachments

• proscan.JPG
    proscan.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 27

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I downloaded ProScan and ran the setup file and the ProScan Client. The manual states to go to the Menu to change settings.

There is no Menu to click to change the settings (see attached). What do I change to display the Menu? Thanks.
Do you intend to use the Free ProScan Client to connect to RSOIP Servers? If yes then go to the RSOIP tab then select the client. The Free Client doesn't have remote control capability.

K7MFC

WRAA720
Is emailing and requesting a license transfer the only way to transfer ProScan installations from computer to computer?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Is emailing and requesting a license transfer the only way to transfer ProScan installations from computer to computer?
From the top Proscan toolbar on the computer you are removing Proscan from:

Tools ---> Remove Activation

Then install Proscan on the other computer. You can have Proscan installed and activated on 2 computers at the same time.

K7MFC

WRAA720
From the top Proscan toolbar on the computer you are removing Proscan from:

Tools ---> Remove Activation

Follow up question - what do I do if I've since formatted the disk on which ProScan was installed and can no longer remove the activation?

divison200

Quick question, I am trying to open Pros Scan to operate with my SDS200 and it is stuck on Loading favorites. I uninstalled the program and downloaded it again, I am receiving the audio, but not the screen.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Send Bob a email explaining what happened. support@proscan.org
He's very responsive and reasonable.
Exactly. Key issues are handled by email only and is the fastest way
Follow up question - what do I do if I've since formatted the disk on which ProScan was installed and can no longer remove the activation?
I guess you don't want to send me an email. Key issues are the #1 priority when initially received by email. They are usually handled as soon as I receive it as long as I have the email address used at time of purchase or other identifiable info such as order # and name or date of purchase.

If you want it handled here. What is the email address you used at time of purchase?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I had a computer with ProScan installed lose it's hard drive. I got another hard drive and must have installed WIN 10 a few times (each time something different happened) Anyway, I was going to email Bob about my registration as the Hard Drive just totally quit working on that computer. Finally, I realized that I had a Backup ISO file from 2018 for that computer. I reinstalled that ISO (Win 7) and then upgraded (Free) it to Win 10. All the software including PROSCAN worked fine. Thank God for backups and FREE upgrades. BTW this happened in July 2021.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Hey Bob, I've done some searching but coming up short. Is there any way to schedule commands to an SDS?

Hello all,

I am new to both ProScan and the BCD436HP so please bear with me. I installed ProScan on my Windows 10 computer and also installed the serial port driver. When I connect the scanner and select serial port the ProScan main screen sees my scanner and show the same as the scanner display, but I am unable to read or write the scanner. In the read favorites from the scanner window it does not show my BCD436HP. Do I have o do any extra steps or how can I solve this ?