ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I am new to both ProScan and the BCD436HP so please bear with me. I installed ProScan on my Windows 10 computer and also installed the serial port driver. When I connect the scanner and select serial port the ProScan main screen sees my scanner and show the same as the scanner display, but I am unable to read or write the scanner. In the read favorites from the scanner window it does not show my BCD436HP. Do I have o do any extra steps or how can I solve this ?
The scanner needs to be in Mass Storage mode. After a scanner power cycle or inserting the USB cable, you should see a prompt. Hit the "E" key to enter Mass Storage mode. The scanner should show "USB Mass Storage".

Chris0516

Bob, More kudos' for Proscan(and you of course)!! (y)
1630092920902.png

Forget about the Firmware instructions. I already did that.

You are probably thinking, What does this have to do with Proscan

After I had updated my firmware. I saw that little 'how-to' about programming digital systems. My NXDN/DMR systems seemed to be afoul. Thinking I didn't create them. I kept trying the how-to. When I realized, I had already set them up via Proscan.

Kudos' again.

Last edited:

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I'm running v17.8.0. I found a bug where the Sort dialog box had no controls and was cut off. At the time the focus was on a group under a conventional system in the tree; that's when I chose Utilities -> Sort. As you can see there are no buttons. I eventually had to restart ProScan. I wasn't able to reproduce it either. proscan sort bug.jpg

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm running v17.8.0. I found a bug where the Sort dialog box had no controls and was cut off. At the time the focus was on a group under a conventional system in the tree; that's when I chose Utilities -> Sort. As you can see there are no buttons. I eventually had to restart ProScan. I wasn't able to reproduce it either. View attachment 108852

I'll take a quick look before the next release.

Chris0516

I'm running v17.8.0. I found a bug where the Sort dialog box had no controls and was cut off. At the time the focus was on a group under a conventional system in the tree; that's when I chose Utilities -> Sort. As you can see there are no buttons. I eventually had to restart ProScan. I wasn't able to reproduce it either. View attachment 108852
By not being able to reproduce it. You mean, you restarted Proscan, and it wasn't a problem on the restart?

I'll take a quick look before the next release.
Bob, I took a look at my 17.8.0 doing Utilities>Sort,
1630465730581.png
I am not having a problem.

Last edited:

eorange

I had to exit ProScan to get rid of the button-less dialog box because there was no other way to close it. I then tried to reproduce the problem but could not.

eorange

That dialog isn't modal so I wonder if that would work, but will do. Obviously this is not a showstopper 🙂

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
Trying to connect my feed to broadcastify, using Proscan on my windows 7 thin client, and am getting "Source Client, Set the Input Sound Device to a Valid Input Located in the Audio Control Tab". I have configure Input Sound Device to URL, and confirm that the URL setting are all correct, and am able to stream metadata, and see the screen.

image0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpeg

Chris0516

Bob, I had an instantaneous(one second) power blackout last night.

1630953292099.png

This is the thread I have over in the RR Uniden Tech Support forum. I uninstalled the software to my PDA. Because, That was causing a Com Port conflict. But, While I uninstalled, and re-installed the driver for my scanner, and it can be seen in the Device Manager. My scanner isn't communicating w/ my PC. I have checked the Scanner Type, and Com Port. What am I missing?

R7000

Forgive me if this has been answered. How do I copy and paste a screen of database data from one system to another?

I tried selecting, edit/copy, the copy button, the paste button, the clipboard.

I'm not getting it.

I'm used to Freescan and Excel where one selects what to copy, then edit/copy, then paste.

What am I doing wrong?

Chris0516

Forgive me if this has been answered. How do I copy and paste a screen of database data from one system to another?

I'm not getting it.

I'm used to Freescan and Excel where one selects what to copy, then edit/copy, then paste.

What am I doing wrong?
1. Press [Ctrl] PrntScreen
2. Then, just like the regular 'copy n paste' procedure
3. Go to where you want to paste it.
4. Right-click and select 'Paste'

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

I'm not getting it.

What am I doing wrong?

Click the system on the left side (in the tree) then either
1. Click the Copy menu item(in color red) then click the Paste menu item
-OR-
2. Mouse right click then select Copy then Mouse right click then select Paste
-OR-
3. Keyboard CTRL-C then CTRL-V

You can also drag & drop nodes. There are some limitations such as coping trunking frequencies to a conventional system and visa-versa.

What type of scanner?